Please discuss LST-WIN in this thread that I posted

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

crank
rules.

Post by crank »

when try to play controls didn't move
i have numlock, no difference
The windows I posted are just images taken from the actual game You cannot play the screenshots. The controls do not move things on the screenshots. There will be a demo posted very soon, and the controls will work on the demo. But not on the screenshots from the demo.
also, i have no numberpad. will you still discriminate against me?
I'll try to implement a custom keys dialog, just for you and you other idiots without numberpads. In the meantime I guess I'll also map them to the arrow keys on the keyboard. You do have those, right? Or do I have to map them to like ~, Esc, F1, and ! ?
How are you?
I'm just fine!
What programming language was used?
I'm using C++ for this one. It is a good language to use!
How does one shoot the web?
Webs cannot be shot. And you may have just given me an idea for something to include in the game!
^^ TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH ^^
Stak
Watching you post

Post by Stak »

Will there be hidden bonuses such as secret characters and levels and so on?
crank
rules.

Post by crank »

and here's your demo folks

Movement controls are also mapped to i, j, k, and l, since MadTom told me he couldn't use his numberpad and I listened to him but not any of you.

Press "o" to load a level. Here are the levels you can load:

0: Bullshit laser/crosswall/black hole test level
1: Easiest level you'll probably ever see
2: Bullshit sokoban test level
3: Crate/conveyor level pictured above
4: "Side-scrolling" concept level pictured above (use the camera controls to move the camera to the right when you need it; the level probably won't end up being this large in the final version)
5: Bullshit block transformation test level
6: Original LST level pictured above
7: Bullshit mirror/conveyor/laser test level
8: I think this might have been pictured above but I'm not sure
9: Bullshit level rotation action level
10: I think this might be pictured above too
11: Hard level pictured above
12: Awesome introductory buzzsaw level

yeah this will all be moot once i get campaigns implemented

Also, I have to put in a nice little GUI. And counters for "clicks" and number movements. And a level loader. And actual levels.
Will there be hidden bonuses such as secret characters and levels and so on?
There aren't any characters in the game, and I don't think a Mario or Sonic cameo would quite fit :(

And I'm not sure about SECRET levels, but there will be multiple paths to the end, at least.
^^ TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH ^^
RegisteredTrademark
Grill Boy 1st class

Post by RegisteredTrademark »

I loved the first game and can't wait for the sequel. :jump: :dance:
Stak
Watching you post

Post by Stak »

omg forum necromancy

<Thread> BRAAAINSSSSS
dave2
bada da da DUN DUN DUN

Post by dave2 »

this game pretty much IS the sequal, you idot!
I'm back for more ZZT fun!
crank
rules.

Post by crank »

I totally added a lot to Little Square Things and mapped key presses to arrows and all of that business too

There's also about 71 levels so far

I'd like a lot of people to test it out thanks

I also added Ricochets

They're a tribute of sorts to ZZT because ZZT rocks! ZZT forever!
http://yahoo.com/
*shuggles*

Post by http://yahoo.com/ »

they're kind of ugly imho

in fact I won't test the game because I object to them
this is a deep and meaningful quote
crank
rules.

Post by crank »

I'M WORKING ON THEM DAMMIT THIS IS WHY I AM ASKING FOR OPINIONS ON MY WORK

JUST DIE ALREADY!! GOD

ALSO, HOW DO YOU THINK I CAN IMPROVE UPON IT? IT WAS SORT OF HARD TO PORTRAY A MODERNIZED VERSION OF THE RICOCHET, BUT I WELCOME ANY SUGGESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE IN MIND.

YOU DICK
http://yahoo.com/
*shuggles*

Post by http://yahoo.com/ »

maybe the ricochet panels should look like they're solid

maybe lst should be labelled as WARNING ALPHA because there are features in testing!!!! that is what a program I use called MOZILLA CORPORATION FIRE FOX does, I am using the DEER PARK ALPHA which lets me know when I download it that is is IN TESTING
this is a deep and meaningful quote
Flimsy
wacky morning DJ

Post by Flimsy »

I like the way ricochets look

unlike everything else in the game
It seems unlikely that this deeply unsatisfactory situation will be resolved by a new attempt to answer the old question; instead, as has been suggested by some of the most thoughtful students, we should expect to find that some part of the conceptual landscape in which this problematic entity resides must be reconstructed before it will come into focus.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

you could make richocets narrow energy posts that pulse out a green asterisk-like forcefield.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! &lt;3

Post by Dr. Dos »

if it's not open source #mzx won't play!
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

I like Commodore's idea.
crank
rules.

Post by crank »

http://yahoo.com/ wrote:maybe the ricochet panels should look like they're solid
Well, the panels sort of phase in and out of existence and, when animated, look pretty disjointed, like a hologram or something. You have to see them in action in order to have an opinion, otherwise your opinion is invalid and you can't have one. Even if it is right.

I had solid panels at first, but having them magically appear looked odd. I'm still sort of playing with the appearances and would like suggestions etc from anyone
:whole: wrote:maybe lst should be labelled as WARNING ALPHA because there are features in testing!!!! that is what a program I use called MOZILLA CORPORATION FIRE FOX does, I am using the DEER PARK ALPHA which lets me know when I download it that is is IN TESTING
From Web-Site:

As evidenced by the fact that the percentages above are less than 100%, the game is a work in progress (as well as a mere hobby of mine) and should be treated as such. The website is also a work in progress--I try to keep the website updated as I update the game download for my testers; however, it's not always feasible. For one, the screenshots are outdated, and there are puzzle pieces not yet described on the website. At the immediate moment, there's no real version numbering system, as the download is updated almost daily as I add levels and small features--though this will change once I get a relatively stable version.

I think LST.txt also refers to it as an alpha version, if not completely incorrectly (I know absolutely nothing about versioning)

Hopefully that's what you describe
Jay Sherman wrote:I like the way ricochets look

unlike everything else in the game
I'll just have to work on the 98% of the game you don't like :tie:
sup guy it's been a while wrote:you could make richocets narrow energy posts that pulse out a green asterisk-like forcefield.
That might not be a bad idea, actually

Unlike EVERY OTHER IDEA ON THIS FORUM THANKS
Dr. Linux am i right wrote:if it's not open source #mzx won't play!
Part of my plan has always been to port the thing over myself and to release the source once I get a good, solid version, despite what the JOKE FAQ THAT IS A JOKE says. However, since I'm not a hardcore software person at all, this is just a hobby of mine--and, dammit, hobbies are supposed to be fun--and I'm not going to feel obligated to do anything of the sort if I choose not to. "RELEASE THE SOURCE, YOU FUCKING DICK" will make me less inclined to do so.

In short: I don't care. Maybe the open source crowd isn't my intended audience after all.