*YOUHAVE5DAYS* I am not the contest, YOU are. *YOUHAVE5DAYS*

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

What is your plan?

Poll ended at Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:39 pm

I've already sent it to you, you nonconformist bastard.
No votes
Almost done, I just have to give voices to the trees and make the signs dance drunkenly.
No votes
Thanks for reminding me, I'll get right on it!
No votes
Thanks for reminding me, I'll get right on it! (and then not come back to it until 11:30PM F-7)
50%
I'm going to start it at 12:00 and when I send it in in 24 hours, I'll say that I live in Greenwich.
No votes
EAT MY SHIT BITCH
50%

Total votes: 2

What can be said now?

*YOUHAVE5DAYS* I am not the contest, YOU are. *YOUHAVE5DAYS*

Post by 773 »

Five days. Not S days. Yes, I know they look similar, but they're not. One of them is more straight. And for once the straight one is the right one.

You can read all about the contest below.
Topic name in the style of the Grand Acropolis

Today is January 15th, 2005. In Eastern Standard Time, the hour is five.

You have Twenty-Four days to complete this contest. Counting the six or so hours left of today, that puts you at Monday, February 7th. You must submit your entry to Motley_Pea@yahoo.com at 12:00AM EST, February 7th, which means the late night of Sunday, February 6th. You may also submit your entry at any point before that final time. There is no grace period. Entires received later will not even be looked at before they are deleted--So keep a spare.

The topics are Necromancer(n), Astronomical(adj) and Echo(v). Your topic must cover two out of these three topics. It does not have to cover them in one sweep; each can be a seperate theme. However, you cannot use them as any other word form(noun, adjective, and verb); Nor can you use all three. Those that are will be disqualified and not even mentioned.

Unlike contests in the past, your entry (after passing qualification) is judged based on its similarity to other entries. The one that is the most nonconformist wins.

However, in order to win, your game must meet these criteria:

1. It must be deemed a game, and not a work of incoherency or art, by two out of the three judges.

2. You are only allowed two unplayable boards. Use them well. Uplayable means a board that cannot be seen except by the editor. Title screens and cut-scenes do not use up your quota; toolkits and blank boards do. Unless you allow the player to walk through the toolkit or blank space.

3. It must have an ending. (an intro is not necessary)

The rest of the contest is up to you. Use whatever external editors, utilities, and themes that you wish.

Necromancer

Code: Select all

n 1: one who practices magic or sorcery [syn: sorcerer, magician, wizard] 2: one who practices divination by conjuring up the dead
Astronomical

1. Of or relating to astronomy.
   2. Of enormous magnitude; immense: an astronomical increase in the deficit.
Echo

v. tr.

1. To repeat (a sound) by the reflection of sound waves from a surface.
   2. To repeat or imitate: followers echoing the cries of their leader; events that echoed a previous incident in history.

v. intr.

1. To be repeated by or as if by an echo: The shout echoed off the wall. The speaker's words echoed in her mind.
   2. To resound with or as if with an echo; reverberate: rooms echoing with laughter.
This is off Dictionary.com. If you can find a more obscure definition suiting your purposes (but with the same word form, be it verb, noun, or adjective), then by all means use it but give me some kind of reference so I don't destroy your entry.

I will have a site set up for you shortly.

I am one of the three judges. Other judges can inquire below.

Questions, furthermore, can be directed below.

You may begin.

Edit: One thing I should add. Entries are more important than contestants. There is no need to sign up as faith without works is DEAD

Edit:Disregard all of my proceeding posts on this topic. Except the one about superzzt being allowed. And the one that says to disregard everything. You have until February 7th.
[/quote]
Last edited by 773 on Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

i am not a contest, i am a free man!
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Kjorteo
^o.O^

Post by Kjorteo »

Holy shit, a month of ZZT?

I don't like where this is going, it seems like with that much time people are going to forget about the contest like ten days from now.
"You're alive," said the maker, and smiled at the aardvark.

<Kjorteo> "yiff"
<gbelo> Wanna yiff.
<Kjorteo> yes
<gbelo> No no no.
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

Echo is a noun.

Oh, and does the title screen count as one of the two unplayable boards? Will we have to start the player out on the title screen to get around that?
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

Hey, you know what guys? I'm gonna call my entry GASTRONOMICAL! You'd better not make a game like that, or you'll be conforming to me and we'll both lose!

Actually, I'm probably not going to make an entry. But if I did, it would be called GASTRONOMICAL. Get it? GASTRONOMICAL? Um... Echo the Dolphin?
What can be said now?

Post by 773 »

Kjorteo: 24dozzt. I'll make a site to revive people's interest at some point, possibly 5 days into the thing.

Ryan Ferneau: Good question. The title screen DOES NOT COUNT, because I define a playable board as one that moves forward through time. A title screen would be this, because it can blink or whatever. Same with an intro board. If you go into an editor, however, and look at a board, you can't make it do the things you want it to do.

Oh, and

v. ech·oed, ech·o·ing, ech·oes
v. tr.

1. To repeat (a sound) by the reflection of sound waves from a surface.
   2. To repeat or imitate: followers echoing the cries of their leader; events that echoed a previous incident in history.

v. intr.

1. To be repeated by or as if by an echo: The shout echoed off the wall. The speaker's words echoed in her mind.
   2. To resound with or as if with an echo; reverberate: rooms echoing with laughter. 
In the words of the original zzt series: "And the forests will echo with laughter".

I'll be sure to change the main post to clarify, as well.[/code]
nondescript
i am a bee. i fly around and say 'buzz'

Post by nondescript »

i will have the coolest game

it'll ROCK FOREVER
Aplsos
ill make a meal of you

Post by Aplsos »

i will make a game about a man who masturbates his ego by making a contest with retarded rules :q:
r
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

also by not announcing it at all beforehand :headbang: :ssj:
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

BUT IT'S A NOUN.

Also: GASTRONOMICAL
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

gastromancer

/insert goatse link
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
nondescript
i am a bee. i fly around and say 'buzz'

Post by nondescript »

i decided i didn't want to make a game

i might write a short story or someshit because of this now

probably not
ghettoflower
viovis

Post by ghettoflower »

I'm sure I'll come up with something. I don't really ZZT anymore.. I SuperZZT now. Because I'm SuperB, as in BC..

Something like that.
%#(^)#
ELK

Sounds like a great contest.
▒░Vivois▒▓█
-i like elk
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

That's SUPER!
TTTPPP
Latest band news: &quot;There are no news!&quot;

Post by TTTPPP »

What if there are only two entries? How do you define which one is the most different?

If there are more than two entries how will the entries be scored? By maximum distance from the average entry, or by maximum [minimum distance from another entry]?