Yeah, new game comming out by me....BUT....any help here?

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

What can be said now?

Yeah, new game comming out by me....BUT....any help here?

Post by 532 »

My game was supposed to be out by the end of december but I could not get ZZT back on to my NEW computer in time so I just got ZZT back and am currently working on my first game that will be posted on this website. I like my game and think the story line alone will be a good chatch. But the only reason Im going to send this out is to see if you guys like it. So tell me what you like in a ZZT game...or any game! Just give me some ideas for Mini-games ect.
Way to much posts!

Post by 2 »

Do something new. Doesn't matter what. If stories your thing, give us overly developed characters that sound liek REAL PEOPLE. If you think you have the next best mini-game, toss it in there! Flesh it out if you ant to and make it a sidequest, but most importently do something new.

But that's just me.

Other things to keep in mind: BETA BETA BETA! YOu can never EVER play your own game enough! Playing it through 20 times, get your mother to play it and your goldfish as well. If they don't "get" something change it so they do, never make excuses not to have something be perfect. If something doesn't work exactly how you want it, change it. If you think you can't fix it, ask some one. If there's one thing people like WiL and others have taught me it's nothing is impossible.

YEAH AND INCLUDE A TEXT FILE
Mooseka
;-*

Post by Mooseka »

benco SEX ME RAW
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

STOP POSTING CRAPPY, THOUGHTLESS, ONE LINE REVIEWS. THANK YOU.

Other than that, welcome to the forums!
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Homz
Ordinery

Post by Homz »

Yes. PLEASE.

Also, try to stay away from making the next Willow Wars. If someone like Commodore has previously reviewed it and given it a 2, that generally means that it is hated by everyone. Play the featured games and GOTM's. Take inspiration from them. These are games that have earned respect from the community due to their excellent standards of graphics, programming, gameplay, and story. Take a look at them, and determine the elements that made them so successful, then practice them to make a truly good game.

Don't be in a rush to release it, either. Continue to improve whatever needs help, and have it beta-tested. And, most importantly, be an intelligent member of the community, and people will respect you.
What can be said now?

Thanks everyone!

Post by 532 »

Thanks for all your thoughts! Im afraid however, that graphics are not my thing...(yet).....but I got someone to help me with that. (No worry there!) Im doing my best in the story line and think it might be kinda.....wierd......Oh well if you have played Final Fantasy 7 then this game will be normal to you. ^^ I hope everyone likes secret boards and littil minigames that Im puting in....Im currently trying to program so you fire rockets from a rocket launcher. You know a game rocks if it has a rocket launcher! (If I cant get all the bugs out then I'll just give up on the rocket launcher.) :missile: I dont think my game will be too knew.....Card Prime was all new and stuff, but my game wont be THAT new. (sigh) Im rambiling.
What can be said now?

Post by 518 »

Quite alright. Just keep games coming and you'll always have a place in my heart.
Mooseka
;-*

Post by Mooseka »

I'M NOTICING A TREND I DON'T LIKE. FIRST SPIFF WRITES A POST AND USES THE :missile: AND THEN GUY IS ALWAYS THE PERSON TO POST RIGHT AFTER HIM.

COINCIDENCE? I THINK NOT.
What can be said now?

Post by 532 »

Hmm? I use :missile: all the time huh? Well, that is sorta true. I've only been here...what? Two days? And I like driving Applince to the brink of insantiy. ^^
Homz
Ordinery

Post by Homz »

Appliance isn't here anymore. He is banned. Unless, of course, _you_ are Appliance. And please, PLEASE try to spell correctly, or at least hyphenate contractions. (i.e. I'm instead of Im)
What can be said now?

Post by 481 »

Homz wrote:And please, PLEASE try to spell correctly, or at least hyphenate contractions. (i.e. I'm instead of Im)
apostrophe!

...or at least put an apostrophe in contractions...
[/actlikeabastard]
Homz
Ordinery

Post by Homz »

The truth is, default, no matter how hard you try to prove it, there is nothing wrong with my grammar and choice of wording. "Please hyphenate the your contractions" sounds a lot better than (and most importantly, is faster to type:) "Please put apostrophes in your contractions" or "Please apostrophosize your contractions." Perhaps you should read this:

Particularly the section: "The curtains should be pink, not yellow."

Of course, many people could say that I am being a hypocrite saying this to default after I just asked Spiff to work on spelling and hyphenating his contractions, however, I believe what I said was for the good of everyone and was not said in an obnoxious attempt to start some sort of fight.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

The truth is, default, no matter how hard you try to prove it, there is nothing wrong with my grammar and choice of wording. "Please hyphenate the your contractions"
These are hyphens - - - - - - - -
These are apostrophes ''''''''''''

You made a mistake. Laugh at yourself. Move on with your life.
I believe what I said was for the good of everyone and was not said in an obnoxious attempt to start some sort of fight.
:)
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
What can be said now?

Post by 518 »

Mooseka wrote:I'M NOTICING A TREND I DON'T LIKE. FIRST SPIFF WRITES A POST AND USES THE :missile: AND THEN GUY IS ALWAYS THE PERSON TO POST RIGHT AFTER HIM.

COINCIDENCE? I THINK NOT.
Whether it's coincidence or not depends on what point you're trying to prove.
What can be said now?

Post by 532 »

(heh) So applince was banned. No I am not applince. Im sorry for my bad spelling....I'll try harder....So forgive my bad spelling. [quote][/quote]