I'm new and i need help!

In your adventures through the Town of ZZT, you have been captured by the evil Dungeon Guards. Not recognizing you as the great escape artist you are, the guards have thrown you in the Dungeons of ZZT.

Moderator: zamros

What can be said now?

I'm new and i need help!

Post by 587 »

I was playing a game and it told me about using the inventory by pressing "?+i"(- the "i"), but it didn't work! Any help would be appreciated!
What can be said now?

Post by 570 »

Well, telling us the name of the game might be good. (Just incase its a game we never heard of and has a bug.)

Other than that, make sure your pressing the buttons in the right order and so on.

Again, it could be you or the game.

Just tell me the name of the game, I'll play it and see for myself.

(OR you could have messed it up by pressing the wrong buttons and screwed up the code or something in that manner.)

OR the room/board your on, you may not use the inventory there or something like that.
What can be said now?

Post by 66 »

probably it read 'type "?+i" without the quotes'
in any case, press ?, a input box will appear on the right side of the screen. Type +i and press enter and the inventory dialog will appear.

I've yet to see a game where this engine does NOT work
What can be said now?

Post by 518 »

A bug, I'd say. Unless you accidentally typed the wrong combination NINE TIMES
What can be said now?

Post by 66 »

In that case, tell us which game... (or email it to me if it's not on z2)
What can be said now?

What about "Shift+?" then "i"?

Post by 587 »

even though i tried that too...and the games were Burglar! and I think ESP.
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

I can't think why it shouldn't work... you're using v3.2, right? 2.0 sucks and should be avoided at all costs.
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
What can be said now?

Post by 66 »

digi11 wrote: What about "Shift+?" then "i"?
Am I reading it correct?
Shift+?, I
it's Shift+?, +, I

Otherwise, what nadir said
My Liver Hurtz
All Hail

Post by My Liver Hurtz »

Press ?
Press +
Press i
Press Enter
I did!--I did!--You're quicker than your friend... Now for a handful of guilders I happen to have a private and uncut performance of The Rape of the Sabine Women-or rather woman, or rather Alfred--. Get your skirt on, Alfred--
What can be said now?

Post by 587 »

With your help i figured it out. Thnx alot. (It's "shift AND ?" at the same time then type in "+ AND i" in the box.
What can be said now?

Post by 575 »

You don't really need to have it be ?+I, that's just the most common one. (as far as i've seen, and I have 20/20 vision)

You could have it be anything like:
  • ?+something
  • ?+whatever
  • ?+yomamma
I think you get the idea...
What can be said now?

Post by 518 »

Zzt 2.0 doesn't have inventory problems. I should know because it's the only version I use unless I'm making screenshots. And no, people still arent going to believe me that the graphics are less like super-zzt and other annoying things that really tick me off about 3.2

Speaking of which, I have found different versions of 2.0 on an old shareware library before (Of course I've lost it now, silly me) but I think they were actually before/after 2.0. I know some of the differences was the shape of the energizer being either a pentagon or triangle, and whether the smiley-player has a triangle smile or a regular smile. As far as I can remember, there were 3 or 4 versions of all, each with differences of this kind. Also, there was always the problem of whether you got the version where ?+dark and ?-dark worked. On my original PC, way way back when, they both worked. When I was bumped here, neither of them worked. After my computer crash on this computer and I reinstalled a different version of zzt, only ?+dark worked.

Anyone else have copies of these elusive versions?
Aplsos
ill make a meal of you

Post by Aplsos »

It's not a different version of ZZT: The BIOS on those computers just used a non-standard font. At least, I think it's the BIOS.
r
What can be said now?

Post by 518 »

And then there's that fontset t0ucan made, way back when...
superbowl shuffle
Official Clamp School Defender

Post by superbowl shuffle »

Stop saying 'way back when'.

Also this thread is getting scary and annoying.
[size=75:lh51rn9h][b:lh51rn9h]When the 5 o'clock whistle blows, so do I.[/b:lh51rn9h]
[/size:lh51rn9h]