ZZWorks

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

My Liver Hurtz
All Hail

ZZWorks

Post by My Liver Hurtz »

I need people to test ZZWorks accross different operating systems. If you have one of these operating systems, and it isn't being tested by another person, please consider testing it.

Windows XP (Both Editions): MyLiverHurtz; Supersonic Advanced; sumisusan
Windows ME: Smallhacker; Dr. Dos
Windows 2000: Mooseka; scatman's world
Windows NT: scatman's world (?)
Windows 98 (All Editions): Commodore; Dr. Dos; Homz; Rodger
Windows 95: MadTom

And please note: I just made this list of Windows OSs of the top of my head, so don't kill me.
Last edited by My Liver Hurtz on Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I did!--I did!--You're quicker than your friend... Now for a handful of guilders I happen to have a private and uncut performance of The Rape of the Sabine Women-or rather woman, or rather Alfred--. Get your skirt on, Alfred--
What can be said now?

Post by 83 »

I can test on ME and MAYBE on 98
Mooseka
;-*

Post by Mooseka »

MadTom uses win95??? DDDDD=

But I'll test it on 2000.
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

I can test ME or 98.
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Lens Paper.

Post by Quantum P. »

What is ZZWorks, and how big is it? If it's smaller than 1.44 MB zipped, I might test it for Windows 3.1...
clecky
Founder of Scientology

Post by clecky »

why do you even need someone to test on 3.1
"Reefer makes darkies think they're as good as white men." Harry J. Anslinger, 1929
Zephyr
aaaa my capilaries

Post by Zephyr »

Clecky wrote:why do you even need someone to test on 3.1
Some ZZTers are still using a 386. Really.
My Liver Hurtz
All Hail

Post by My Liver Hurtz »

Bad news for those who use Window 3.1, you will be unable to run ZZWorks. Just found that out today.

How large is ZZworks? 602 KB, or something like that. What is it?

'Tis a utility I'v ebeen workingon for a while. I think someone said it is similar to ZZT Under Windows, but I've never used ZUW so I don't know.

ZZworks is a ZZT "control panel", from one screen you have access to all of your ZZTing tools. Launch games/editors, select font files to play with so you don't have to mess around with batch files (program by default tries to find a matching font file for your game), has programmable utilities list to give you one click access to almost every utility you have (up to 14 .exe I think, working on .bat utilities), ect. My favourite feature is the ability to backup all of your ZZT files instantly.

It basicly ties everything together for lazy people like me, acts as a workstation.
I did!--I did!--You're quicker than your friend... Now for a handful of guilders I happen to have a private and uncut performance of The Rape of the Sabine Women-or rather woman, or rather Alfred--. Get your skirt on, Alfred--
Homz
Ordinery

Post by Homz »

I can test it on 98 and <i>possibly</i> XP.

From your post, it still isn't clear to me, can make your own font files with it? Otherwise, it sounds like a great program, and I eagerly anticipate its arrival.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

Get a font maker. It's a hub if you will... And I'm pressing for SZZT support.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
My Liver Hurtz
All Hail

Post by My Liver Hurtz »

No, you can't make your own font files with ZZWorks itself, though you can add a font editor program to your utility list.

The font thing works like this:

You highlight "mygame.zzt" in the game list. ZZWorks will search the ZZT directory for "mygame.com", and if found it will select that in the list of .com fonts in your ZZT directory. Saves time if you are planning to play games with fonts, because you don't have to go searching for the batch file the game comes with.

Allright, ya'll can get the beta of ZZWorks from the following URL: http://www.hostultra.com/~myliverhurtz/ZZWorks_BETA.zip

I suggest you make a copy of your ZZT directory, and install ZZWorks to the copied folder just in case the uninstaller does whacky things on different OSs. Inprobable, but I guess its possible.

Please try and test all of the functions, and report any bugs no matter how small.
What can be said now?

Post by 507 »

I can test it on windows xp professional.
My Liver Hurtz
All Hail

Post by My Liver Hurtz »

You can e-mail test results to myliverhurtz@3web.net.
What can be said now?

Post by 53 »

I can test on Win2000

and maybe 3.11
My Liver Hurtz
All Hail

Post by My Liver Hurtz »

Won't work on 3.11, or anything prior to Windows 95 or Windows NT 3. At least that is what documentation states.