Escape Velocity for Windows?

If you want to act like He-Man, grab a sword and stand on the peak of one the mountains in Valua then stick your sword into the sky screaming "I HAVE THE POWER!!".Then get struck by lightning just like He-Man.

Moderator: Commodore

FYNDR
Prepare for your utter dancification!

Escape Velocity for Windows?

Post by FYNDR »

My grandpappy has an iMac computer at his house, with which I play constantly. I recently rediscovered the shareware version of Escape Velocity while over there, and I was curious if there was any way that I could play it with Windows 98. I checked the Internet, but most of the links were for Escape Velocity: Nova, which I am not interested in. Any ideas as to how I can play the original EV on Windows?

~FYNDR
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

This page might be of use. When you search Google. you can add the minus sign to indicate that you don't want a term to appear; for example, I found that page by searching for "escape velocity" game -nova.
FYNDR
Prepare for your utter dancification!

Post by FYNDR »

I looked at Google under "Escape Velocity for Windows, -nova, -overide", but I couldn't find anything. Obviously, you used your magic powers to manipulate the internet into getting you that page. That site seems to work fine, though a link for Basilisk II is broken. I should be able to find it with a simple Google search, so it shouldn't be a problem. I'll be playing EV in no time!

Thanks, Magic Man!

~FYNDR