Mass influx ZZT

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

Jotz
rank bank jotz

Mass influx ZZT

Post by Jotz »

Let's try something here. Each person in this forum must choose 5-10 forums, whether ones that you've never been to or ones in which you are a regular. Then in the forums, in the appropriate subsection, we simultaneously create a thread informing the people about ZZT. Thus, we will see how many new members join this forum.

But before we start, we need a template message that all of us will put in the threads. It must be very informative and concise. So if anyone wants to take a stab at it and post it here, I say go for it. If not, I will create one.

Now everyone go ahead and post 5-10 forums that you will be posting in, so we don't have repeats. I will announce the influx day soon.
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

so you're trying to encourage people to spam forums?

great idea, idiot
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

i don't go to 5 different forums :P
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

The Awful Forums > Main > FYAD: DEAD BABY CHAMPIONSHIPS > Cool New Game Called ZZT :)
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
Ando
2SEXY4U
2SEXY4U

Post by Ando »

I told people about ZZT on this one Final Fantasy site, over a year ago.

One person seemed interested, but that was it.

Personally I feel that there have been plenty of new people coming to these forums by their own accord. More people would be great, sure, but we are seeing better times.
Jotz
rank bank jotz

Post by Jotz »

Zenith Nadir wrote:so you're trying to encourage people to spam forums?

great idea, idiot
No, it's not spamming since I would have encouraged you all to post in the spam sections of the forums.
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

...holy shit i am actually speechless right now
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Zephyr
aaaa my capilaries

Post by Zephyr »

Okay, I'll post in the mig forums
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

DigitalMZX.

But seriously, this sounds like an interesting idea, as long as it isn't interpreted as spamming. Toward that end, perhaps we shouldn't have just one message that we all post. Perhaps we should come up with a few example messages that people can choose from and even revise if they wish. We still need to have some standard (so the bulk of the messages aren't incoherent or confusing), but I don't want to just post a form letter.

Also, we ought to target forums which are visited by people likely to get into ZZT. For example, I went after 16color when it was still around (users used to limited working environment); other good choices might be retro games sites (users used to the oldschool ways), abandonware sites (they probably have ZZT, but do they know we're here?), and... uh, any other ideas?
Jotz
rank bank jotz

Post by Jotz »

We could also try RPG forums and game making forums. For the template post, I am thinking of including screenshots of ZZT games that show both a solid visual and gameplay aspect. Any game that is good at that?
Cheesecake Avenger
The Evil Avitor

Post by Cheesecake Avenger »

why bother posting when they can read about it on z2's main page?
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

because zzt.org cool website isn't very useful to say.
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

ESP works. Really, all the Featured Games are pretty good for that, because they're all decent games, and we've already got screenshots of all of them. But keep in mind that we may want to link to the screenshots rather than include them in the message; different boards may have different policies on including images.

Thoughts on how not to look like spammers (is this evil at all?): I think that Interactive Fantasies has a few screenshots; perhaps we could link to their screenshots as well as z2's, so that we look like we objectively rounded up a few screenshots, not like we work for z2's marketing department. Even better, put the screenshots on ImageShack or something so that they aren't personally linked to anyone.

Also, if we pick to infiltrate communities that we don't usually frequent, it would be a good idea to create an account and start posting there a week or two in advance, so that we don't look like we came in just to talk about ZZT. In addition, we ought to be on our best behavior so that we don't get banned in those first weeks.

Also also, as soon as the plan goes into effect and people start coming here, this topic needs to be removed from public view so that they don't suspect anything.
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

Another thought! Should we wait a month so that all the games from #endgame will be coming out?
Jotz
rank bank jotz

Post by Jotz »

Quantum, all of your ideas are brilliant and/or saved this project from utter catastrophe. I will start on a guideline for this soon.