24HoFF

..................WTF?! YOU DONT KNOW WHAT IS "XRUMER"?!

Moderator: Quantum P.

Fungahhh
Resource id #38

24HoFF

Post by Fungahhh »

Hi

What is the 24HoFF?
This stands for the 24 Hours of Fanfiction, and it will be hosted by... me! There will be a topic given when it begins, and your goal is to create a fanfiction about the topic!

When is the 24HoFF?
Saturday July 8th, 12 PM PST until 12 PM PST the following day.

Where is the 24HoFF?
On a computer, probably in a .doc, .txt., or .rtf. The topics will be announced both in #rawr on irc.slashnet.org and in this very thread.

Who is the 24HoFF?
You, the player! They will be judged by both myself and my fellow judges, Dr_Dos and dave2. Our scores will be averaged off in the end, unless they're a butt and a stupid judge.

Why is the 24HoFF?
For fun, and leisure. There is no pressure here.

How is the 24HoFF?
On a computer, probably in a .doc, .txt., or .rtf. By keeping your fingers to your keyboard is how you will likely create the story, but bonus points may be awarded at the judge's discretion for using other body parts, such as your feet, nose, or penis.

Judging
The judging will simply be a score from 1-10, based on criteria such as the format, humour, creativity, and engagingity, but like many ZZTer contests, likely the best way to win this is to just be funny. If you're not very funny though, just be clever, and put in lots of violence. The judges are as follow:

* Fungahhh
* Dr_Dos
* dave2

Who's Entering?
If this is your question, then you have looked under the right heading! So far we have:

* lemmer
* skullie
* zamros
* nuero
* ler
* asgromo
* Farm
* Zephyr
* Nadir
* ??? Quantum_P ???

Good luck, gentlemen! :keen:

[ADDENDUM!]

The topic is MADTOM!

Who actually submitted?

* skullie
* zamros
* nuero
* Nadir
* Quantum_P (PDF)
* Flimsy

Judging results:
Fungahhh

Quantum_P - 9/10
Effort.

Nadir - 8/10
Would've been better had it been finished! Good ideas and writing style though.

Flimsy - 7.5/10
Short, but good laughs all around.

zamros - 7/10
A couple funny parts. I dunno what to say about this! It was written a little haphazardly though. :(

nuero - 6.5/10
Obviously rushed (since it was done in like a minute after the contest actually ended), but OK

skullie - 6/10
Boring!

Dr_Dos

Quantum_P - 9/10
zamros - 8.5/10
Nadir - 8/10
Flimsy - 7.5/10
nuero - 6/10
skullie - 5/10

dave2
High Tide by Quantum P - 9/10
Great fanfiction, highlighted by many appearances of other ZZT moguls/memes. Sadly I was not one of them. The plot got a little bit too lame and not funny enough near the end what with the railgun etc blah blah but overall great stuff!

The Stray by Zamros - 8/10
The only fanfic to give me an erection, The Stray is a dark noirish tale which follows two threads, one of Madtom's down and dirty father who is on a mission to preserve his own good standing, and that of madtom undergoing his first sexual experience. The passion and emotion in this story, coupled with the devestating climax really kept me turning the pages! However, some questions go unanswered. Who was the best at giving head? Who had the best breasts? These are questions that cannot be left to the wayside. Nontheless, great show!

Madtom vs. the Coneheads by Flimsy Parkins - 7/10
Probably the funniest of all the fanfics, but I had to give it a lower score because flimsy parkins has conspired to kill me, which personally I judge to be bad. Madtom's character in this one was quite different from the unsure, naive Madtom we met in other fanfics, but I loved him all the same! The brevity and cop-out ending sort of let me down, though. Great work flimsy, please don't murder me.

Untitled Madtom Fanfiction by Skullie - 7/10
A touching tale of friendship under hard times, this untitled story gives us an insider's look into the twisted relationship between Enrique and Madtom. Though the description is lacking, and we never truly get to the bottom of what happened that night, the emotion is raw and compelling. Skullie is easily the break-out writer of this competition; we all look forward to your future works.

Poor Olde Tom by Nadir - 6/10
This one started out really well. The characters had really strong personas right from the getgo, but we didn't get to know them very well and it ended horribly prematurely. Nadir, finish this fanfiction, I am curious to see what happens next.

Untitled Madtom Fanfiction by Nuero - 5/10
Nuero brings us a humourous religious commentary in the form of "Untitled Madtom Fanfiction". Madtom represents here the unbelieving masses, and the Bug in the Corner (or BITC) represents God. While the grammar and spelling are (possibly intentionally?) often grating, and almost never correct, it adds to the overall playfulness of this novella. However, around page 53, the gimmick starts to become too much to bear, and ultimately it fails as a writing device. Perhaps used more sparingly, this story could've been great. I look forward to seeing more from you in the future, nuero!

Overall Results

Quantum_P - 9/10
zamros - 7.833333333333333333333/10
Nadir - 7.333333333333333333333/10
Flimsy - 7.333333333333333333333/10
skullie - 6/10
nuero - 5.83333333333333333333333/10

Quantum wins.
Last edited by Fungahhh on Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:38 pm, edited 13 times in total.
fungahhh
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

This looks interesting.
Fungahhh
Resource id #38

Post by Fungahhh »

Since people keep bringing it up I should also point out here that I don't really expect you to work on a fanfiction for a full 24 hours, it's just how much time you have available to work on it.
fungahhh
lemmer
Big fat hen

Post by lemmer »

flimsy conceded two minutes after entering, fool!
Fungahhh
Resource id #38

Post by Fungahhh »

lemmer wrote:flimsy conceded two minutes after entering, fool!
This mistake has been corrected, lemmer; thank you for your post.
fungahhh
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

aww, and here i was thinking it was going to be a fanfiction contest wherein you wrote fanfiction about people in #rawr

i'm disappointed!
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

I'd expect getting something like buffy the vampire slayer and being fucked.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
nuero
███▄ ▀█ââ€

Post by nuero »

Commodore wrote:I'd expect getting something like buffy the vampire slayer and being fucked.
That makes it even better! You can, at that point, just make shit up and place names wherever! Just read Ian J's Harry Potter fan-fiction!

Also, hi, Z2! I don't want to talk to: burstroc (if he is here), Eurakarte (if he is here), MadTom.

Edit: Or anyone, really. Continue arguing about Jesus or whatever.
MadTom
<:D

Post by MadTom »

wait what?
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

didn't you hear, madtom? nuero totally hates you now

he wants you to DIE

MadTom
<:D

Post by MadTom »

he has known since he was 18

I guess I would sort of like to know why he hates me, even if he's stonewalling me to the point where I don't get a chance to ameliorate it, or at least apologise!
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

madtom it's a force of nature! you can't do anything to stop it! sorry

Ando
2SEXY4U
2SEXY4U

Post by Ando »

This seems interesting. Lookin' forward to it.
Fungahhh
Resource id #38

Post by Fungahhh »

You can put ZZTers in your fanfiction if you'd like. :) You could even switch the names around, as long as it's obvious that it's still about the topic!
fungahhh
Jotz
rank bank jotz

Post by Jotz »

School ZZT: The Novel.