The Day After Tomorrow: It's A Disastrophe!

You're a bunch of Philistines really, aren't you?

Moderator: superbowl shuffle

Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

The Day After Tomorrow: It's A Disastrophe!

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

I'm sure you all know what a disastrophe is, but I'm going to tell you again anyway. A disastrophe is like a disaster and a catastrophe at the same time, only better. Or maybe it's a disaffected apostrophe. Whichever definition works for you.

Anyway, The Day After Tomorrow (that's two (48hrs) days from now) delivers plenty of fun and funny disastrophes to whet your appetite for crazy as disastrophe. There are flying cars, and flying ice, and crawling ice, and YOU MANIACS YOU BLEW IT UP, and CGI animals, and CGI ice, and possibly CGI space. All of these disastrophes turn out to be caused by THE EVIL DICK CHENEY partnering up with THE EVIL AL GORE in what many are now considering considering one of the greatest surprise movie twists of all time.

Don't believe what the movie told you about a silly chain reaction wherein some measly little pollutants trap enough sunbeams to break off a piece of the North Pole (where Santy Claus lives) that falls in the ocean and lowers the temperature and causes desalinationizalinizaltationismz which makes a bunch of big random storms everywhere.
What actually happened was that Al Gore used his dark Algore powers to punish the USA for not listening to him when they had the chance--though he had to get extra money from Dick Cheney to fund his dark Algore powers first. All in all, you'd best watch out for those evil <strike>wizards</strike> sorcerors!

Oh, and also, there's a plot. I think it involved some nerds who tryed to save a bunch of people from freezing but didn't do a very good job. They managed to save their friends, though, and the ONE MAN who SAW IT COMING found them, and in the end, it's really only important that most of the main characters survive, and GET THE GIRL, right? And some people die and it's sad, but that's what a disastrophe does.

:911:

Get ready to prepare for the block-busting blockbuster sequel that busts blocks, "A Week From Tuesday", in which the whole world really blows up and everybody really dies! It's all based off on REAL SCIENCE, you guys. Like the earth's core being a big magnet and stuff like that.
Stak
Watching you post

Re: The Day After Tomorrow: It's A Disastrophe!

Post by Stak »

Ryan Ferneau wrote:Get ready to prepare for the block-busting blockbuster sequel that busts blocks, "A Week From Tuesday", in which the whole world really blows up and everybody really dies! It's all based off on REAL SCIENCE, you guys. Like the earth's core being a big magnet and stuff like that.
Oh my God, Ryan Ferneau, YOU ARE THE BEST.

You win a SUPERBARON. :superbaron:
What can be said now?

Post by 642 »

The day after tommorow is Sunday and Sunday is about always a disastrophe
superbowl shuffle
Official Clamp School Defender

Post by superbowl shuffle »

Ryan, you summed the movie up pretty well.

And I just used the word 'summed'.

I think we all turned out on top.
[size=75:lh51rn9h][b:lh51rn9h]When the 5 o'clock whistle blows, so do I.[/b:lh51rn9h]
[/size:lh51rn9h]
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

I liked the character of the homeless guy. Especially his first speech, where he was all like, "People, people, people! They're always drivin' cars. What's the deal with people driving cars? Those loonies are going to blow up the ocean if they drive any more cars! People, people, people, everywhere!"

Like that guy in The Twilight Zone who played God for a day. Pretty much everything ties into The Twilight Zone, y'know. I was expecting there to be a scene where somebody dreamed that the earth was getting too close to the sun and therefore burning instead of freezing.

We could learn a lot from Homeless Guy.
nps
so kawaii! so cute!

Post by nps »

Dare I say it: Ryan is fast approaching zamros on the awesome meter.
Stak
Watching you post

Post by Stak »

He's not just approaching Zamros on the coolness meter, he is ZAMROS INCARNATE.
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! &lt;3

Post by Dr. Dos »

http://www.livejournal.com/users/cleolinda/112010.html

THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW IN 15 MINUTES (assuming it takes 15 minutes for you to read it)
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
Zandor 12
What has science done???

Post by Zandor 12 »

But if Ryan is now Zamros incarnate, then what does that make Zamros?
Reason and logic had led people into the horrors of war; the only route to salvation was to reject logic and embrace anarchy and the irrational.
clecky
Founder of Scientology

Post by clecky »

jesus
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! &lt;3

Post by Dr. Dos »

Which by nuero's artwork implies that zamros regularly ejaculates on himself. :freud:
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
Stak
Watching you post

Post by Stak »

I think Zamros has evolved into a being of pure energy. Notice he hasn't posted here in a while.

Hmm... neither has zzo38. Coincidence? Probably.
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

Dr. Dos wrote:http://www.livejournal.com/users/cleolinda/112010.html

THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW IN 15 MINUTES (assuming it takes 15 minutes for you to read it)
That was pretty funny. You can read more funny scripts like that at http://ter.air0day.com/ and http://rinkworks.com/movieaminute/. It's a rockin' good time, I do say so!
What can be said now?

Post by 99 »

zamros is basically a more coherent draco, although not as funny

ryan's an ok guy but it's hard to top either one of these guys
Seventh Shade
secret sauce

Post by Seventh Shade »

I like how they copied that scene from Independence Day almost exactly with someone talking on a cellphone in a car then they look in the rear view mirror and see the big wave of water (or fire, as in Independence Day) coming toward them.

Blow up the ocean... I'm going to have to use that line for something...