Water on Mars.

In your adventures through the Town of ZZT, you have been captured by the evil Dungeon Guards. Not recognizing you as the great escape artist you are, the guards have thrown you in the Dungeons of ZZT.

Moderator: zamros

What do you think about the recent discovery of water on Mars?

It'll only be interesting to me if they find evidence of life.
21%
Fascinating.
17%
It's only a matter of time before they discover Elvis, Chewbacca, and a clone of Ringo Star playing strip poker in their hidden base on Mars.
13%
Martians are coming. It's the end of the world as we know it.
17%
I hate REM.
No votes
I could care less.
33%

Total votes: 24

EvilMario
newcomer

Water on Mars.

Post by EvilMario »

According to a lot of NASA hoopla today The Opportunity rover has found a section of Mars that was apparently pissed on by giant space creatures ten thousand gazillion years ago. Err.. something like that. I'm too lazy to read it, although I saw part of the news conference.

What do you think about this discovery? Do you think at all? Do you have a sudden hunger for buffalo testicles? Whatever the case, vote and flame me. Thanks.

The Opportunity (search) rover has found evidence that the Red Planet was once wet enough for life to exist there, but it has not discovered any direct traces of life, they said.

"Opportunity has landed in an area of Mars where liquid water once drenched the surface," said Edward Weiler, associate NASA administrator for space science, at a news conference. "This area would have been a good, habitable environment."

A study of a fine, layered rock by the rover detected evidence of sulfates and other minerals that form in the presence of water. The finding does suggest that if there had been life present when the rocks were formed, then the living conditions could have permitted an organism to flourish. The study, however, has found no direct evidence of living organisms.

"The ground would have been suitable for life," said Steve Squyres, lead investigator for science instruments on Opportunity. "That doesn't mean life was there. We don't know that."

Opportunity found "an astounding amount of salt," said Benton C. Clark III, a member of the rover team. This was found not only on the surface but confirmed when the rover bored into a rock outcropping with its abrasion tool.

"The only way you can form such large concentrations of salt is dissolve it in water and allow the water to evaporate," Clark said.

NASA launched the Mars Exploration Rover mission to see whether "at least one part of Mars had a persistently wet environment that could possibly have been hospitable to life," James Garvin, a lead NASA scientist, said in a statement. "Today we have strong evidence for an exciting answer: Yes."

---
EM

(ps; I know there's a signature function you fucking little hanging toilet shits. Now shut the fuck up, plzkthx. )
Kjorteo
^o.O^

Post by Kjorteo »

OH MY GOD! WATER!! :agh:

Granted the fact that it's on Mars makes it important to some people somewhere, I guess, but..yeah.
"You're alive," said the maker, and smiled at the aardvark.

<Kjorteo> "yiff"
<gbelo> Wanna yiff.
<Kjorteo> yes
<gbelo> No no no.
nps
so kawaii! so cute!

Post by nps »

ahahahaha

look at bush dance!
Mooseka
;-*

Post by Mooseka »

Kjorteo wrote:OH MY GOD! WATER!! :agh:

Granted the fact that it's on Mars makes it important to some people somewhere, I guess, but..yeah.
Buhh, you dick face. Water means that mars could have supported life at one point =(

HOW CAN YOU NOT CARE
Kjorteo
^o.O^

Post by Kjorteo »

Mooseka wrote:Buhh, you dick face. Water means that mars could have supported life at one point =(

HOW CAN YOU NOT CARE
Please fill out all possible implications and/or effects Mars having once supported life would have on my day-to-day life in the space below:
_____
"You're alive," said the maker, and smiled at the aardvark.

<Kjorteo> "yiff"
<gbelo> Wanna yiff.
<Kjorteo> yes
<gbelo> No no no.
Mooseka
;-*

Post by Mooseka »

my name is kjwohkohkwhjwhatever and I don't care about the big picture because I'm too busy jerking off to videos of children being raped by wild animals.

buhh buhh buhh.
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! &lt;3

Post by Dr. Dos »

And he won't share! :(
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
Mooseka
;-*

Post by Mooseka »

EXACTLY.
What can be said now?

Post by 642 »

OMG! THER COULD HAV BEN LIVE ON MARZ ONSE!!!1!11!

Who really gives a fuck?
Mooseka
;-*

Post by Mooseka »

OMG! APPLIANCE IS ABOUT TO GET HIS CRACKA ASS BANNED.

again, who gives a shit?
Dr. Dos

Post by Dr. Dos »

Mooseka wrote:
Kjorteo wrote:OH MY GOD! WATER!! :agh:

Buhh, you dick face. Water means that mars could have supported life at one point =(

HOW CAN YOU NOT CARE
You seem to :(

That or I lost my ability to sense sarcasm :(((
Visit the Museum of ZZT

Mooseka
;-*

Post by Mooseka »

I do care, though =(((((((((((
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

see the thing is it doesn't matter particularly because whatever they discover, mars is still a shithole

the reason they're making a bigassed deal over it is because if they find evidence of life on mars, it means that life can exist pretty much anywhere that doesn't totally suck

and that's pretty neat.
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Zephyr
aaaa my capilaries

Post by Zephyr »

Zenith Nadir wrote: and that's pretty neat.
I'm pretty neat.
Dr. Dos

Post by Dr. Dos »

Yeah but a planet that has absolutely nothing on it is better than you.
Visit the Museum of ZZT