ZZT: #endgame. A 'contest' lasting the entire summer.

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

Cheesecake Avenger
The Evil Avitor

Post by Cheesecake Avenger »

damn that sucks. same thing happend to all my games exept it was a desktop computer
Ando
2SEXY4U
2SEXY4U

Post by Ando »

Dr. Dos wrote:But your game was the one I was looking forward to :(

The one where you wake up with hangover and in bed with another man and you have to prove to the world that you're not gay.
Is this based on a real life experience? :)
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

maybe one of yours
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Ando
2SEXY4U
2SEXY4U

Post by Ando »

So uh who is going to be finishing an entry?

I know that I will (although it's just going to be a demo).
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

I hope to; maybe I'll post a screenshot tonight.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

i have limited computer access now, my entry is about 70% done, although if the worst happens it could be considered done anytime.

also oregon is cool.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

I will wait until August 31 so it will be a twenty-four-hozzed!
KKairos
newcomer

Um...

Post by KKairos »

I'm going to upload my game to Z2. Maybe even tonight. I'd wait for my number but I'm at the point where I'm convinced that it's not coming.

I'll upload it in about a half an hour.

Now it should be uploaded.
"Dear Sir, in response to your article, 'What's wrong with the world'--I am." - G.K. Chesterton
Zephyr
aaaa my capilaries

Post by Zephyr »

Should I be able to beat the game by simply going into the passage on the landing site?
shotintoeternity
newcomer

Post by shotintoeternity »

KKairos, awesome engine, but all of the passages in the ending board lead you to the ending. I think you should fix that bug and reupload-- if you want, I can send you a copy of how it should work-- I'm just not sure which passage should lead to which cave.
Jotz
rank bank jotz

Post by Jotz »

KKairos, now you must make a sidescroller DGN game.
KKairos
newcomer

A.C.K.

Post by KKairos »

Should I be able to beat the game by simply going into the passage on the landing site?
ACK. I just tested this, and it was possible. I'll be uploading a fix shortly. How I missed that is beyond me. Just, ACK. Man.
KKairos, awesome engine, but all of the passages in the ending board lead you to the ending. I think you should fix that bug and reupload-- if you want, I can send you a copy of how it should work-- I'm just not sure which passage should lead to which cave.
I am assuming that you mean the board with all the blue passages. I'm confused because you're talking about caves...Which are in plenty of parts in the game, but not in any of the endings. Okay, here's the thing, is that all of those endings (on their first board) use the exact same illustration. Only the third should be going to any other board before you get to the random note or whatnot. I just tested it and it seems to be working fine for me.
Um, maybe. MAYBE. Gigantic MAYBE.

Lastly thanks to y'all for actually playing this thing and telling me about stuff that seems out of place. I'll be reuploading in about half an hour.

Uploaded. The able-to-beat-game-on-board-one bug is gone. I also tested teh ending stuff. I also took the opportunity to change up the ending-chooser, so it's a bit more fancy and stuff. And I added a counter for the range of hearts found to each ending board. So there shouldn't be any doubt about which ending board the player is going to, now.
"Dear Sir, in response to your article, 'What's wrong with the world'--I am." - G.K. Chesterton
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

SLATFATL -> ZZT Edit -> D-CELL

Well somewhat. Mine was going to have multiboard width levels, but it takes up a fuckton of memory. So like everything in D-Cell I never finished it.
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
KKairos
newcomer

Holy Crap

Post by KKairos »

Holy crap, Dos. That looks pretty cool, but you're right--random-generation stuff DOES take up a crapload of memory. Were you going to do scrolling sort of like Run-On, or different?

As I recall Run-On had a sidescrolling area, in the platformer sense. Technically the game DID scroll to the side.
Ando
2SEXY4U
2SEXY4U

Post by Ando »

Man I should probably get cracking on this 8(