2006 ZZT Interviews

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

tapeworm
Help computer.

2006 ZZT Interviews

Post by tapeworm »

Some of you might be aware of a batch of ZZT-related interviews that I recently conducted. I think that they are fun to read, and I've had positive feedback from others, so I'd like to add some more. My method so far was to send out invitations to a few people I am still in contact with (or tracked down), and ask them for referrals in addition to their own answers.

Some that I'd like to include but haven't yet fall into these categories:
  • :tie: Invited but said no (in a very few cases)

:tie: Said yes but no response yet (several of these--and there's no big hurry, really)

:tie: No reply at all (indicating either that the contact info I have is wrong, they are not interested, or they just haven't got around to responding)

:tie: I have no contact info for the person

:tie: I don't even have the person on my list of invitees
I'm posting here to ask for help with these last two categories. I haven't always kept up with ZZT, so I might not know everyone who has made influential or inspiring games or otherwise had an impact on the world of ZZT. And in cases where I just haven't been able to locate someone, I imagine that someone here might be able to give me a lead.

So, anyway, if you'd like to help, either by suggesting more names or tracking people down, please let me know--either by posting here or contacting me directly.
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

I got your invitation and I do plan on submitting an interview, but I just haven't gotten around to finishing it. Just letting you know that whatever contact info you have for me is valid.
Saxxon
the Gargoyle.

Post by Saxxon »

The interviews are a nice feature, thanks for adding them. :)

I'd probably submit one, except even though I've known about ZZT since like 1996, I haven't wrote a single finished project to date. :rocket:
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

you ever take my suggestion to try and contact Raze?
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Alexis Janson
wacky morning DJ

Post by Alexis Janson »

I asked burstroc to interview chase when he goes to prison (for his rape).

http://burstroc.livejournal.com/94011.html
tapeworm
Help computer.

Post by tapeworm »

I've put together an incomplete list of people I've thought of or had others recommend, but who I've had difficulty tracking down. I have attempted to contact some of these people, and it's possible that they are planning to respond or just not interested. For some others, I don't know that there's much hope.
Commodore wrote:you ever take my suggestion to try and contact Raze?
I hadn't (I'd put this project aside for a while), but now I have.
Quantum P. wrote:I got your invitation . . .
Take your time--there's no hurry on this. Incidentally, thanks for the tip about screenshots on ZU (found your link and followed your advice, though I also left up the old version of the one you linked to).
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

Hey, no problem! Also:

Kev Vance
Viovis
Hydra
Moonpie
Chris Kohler
WiL
Flicker
Todd Daggert