WoZ 2006 #2

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

Zephyr
aaaa my capilaries

Post by Zephyr »

You could make a game about exchanging your brain for a positronic brain so you could come up with a topic!
Fungahhh
Resource id #38

Post by Fungahhh »

Well I'm done judging. I'll send it off to you... right... now.
fungahhh
FSFunky
Fergalicious

Post by FSFunky »

I didn't participate because I forgot and only remembered saturday evening and then it was too late :(
FUNKY DEFINITION: MAKE THEM BOYS GO LOCO
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

i just got the results in my inbox

will judge later
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Ando
2SEXY4U
2SEXY4U

Post by Ando »

So uh what's the status?
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

FINISHED, that's what

quantum here are the results, i'm going to post them here as well as email them to you i hope this is ok and if not TOO BAD IT'S WHAT I DID LAST TIME AND I POSTED THEM IN THE ZZT JOURNAL AS WELL THAT TIME SO BE THANKFUL WITH WHAT YOU HAVE

--

JUGEING THE WREEKENT OF ZZT by nadir xd

1. It Came from Switzerland! by graa

So graa hasn't opened ZZT since 1999? Well, it looks like he's come fresh from some kind of time-freeze, since this was really really like the first Rednex game. Which is a good thing since I always liked that game. Didn't have poodles this time, though.

Also the scientists don't have faces so the smiley face representing the shrunk scientist was inaccurate. POINT DOCKED FOR INACCURACY (just kidding)

8/10

2. Mystery of the Robot Cheese by Zandor 12

Wait, what? What the hell?? Oh, right. Yeah I had no idea what was meant to be happening in this (maybe it was a MYSTERY, oh sure it was something to do with the future and an APOCALYPSE MONUMENT or some shit), but it sure looked good while being incomprehensible. Characatures are hard to do in ZZT, so kudos for making Abraham Lincoln look like himself. Too bad there was NOTHING PLAYABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in the game!!!!!!!

AHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHHHAHHAHAHAAHAAAHAHHHAAAAAAAAAAHAha ha

7/10

3. Surrogate Mother by Zephyr

You've been watching/reading Chobits, haven't you? HAVEN'T YOU, YOU CREEPY PEDERAST BASTARD! Anyway the first board of this was pretty cool, though it went downhill a bit with the cutscenes (the heart-nazi board was particularly horrible looking), but then it was fine again with the stealth part. So in other words, the game parts were fun, but the cutscenes were a bit crappy and kind of knock a point off the rating. Sorry!

6/10

4. the mystery of the swiss cheese automaton thing by Flimsy

The gameplay was pure torture, but I laughed anyway because I'm a horrible sucker for ZZT community references. You get an extra point for the ending, because it was just like The Sixth Sense (note: i never watched that film). I can't give it a terribly high score though, simply because it was so annoying to play through!

5/10

5. IT IS A MYSTERY by Ando

Stupid doorway! How dare you tell me I can't go outside! FUCK YOU! So I guess I'll go to this annoyingly knowingly empty-hallway and talk to druggie cousin before stumbling upon my vampire uncle's Jewish blood sacrifice to his masters, the Elders of Zion. THIS GAME IS ANTI-SEMITIC, DO NOT TRUST THIS GAME'S RACISM

3/10

so, there weren't many entries, but what was there was at least entertaining. good work!
Last edited by Zenith Nadir on Thu May 18, 2006 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alexis Janson
wacky morning DJ

Post by Alexis Janson »

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ANDO]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] lost :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :safe: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :safe: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :safe:
Ando
2SEXY4U
2SEXY4U

Post by Ando »

I feel like I've been raped.
mania-[ker]
Im Zamros

Post by mania-[ker] »

i'm sure that would feel about 1000000000 times worse
Fungahhh
Resource id #38

Post by Fungahhh »

I guess I could post my results here too. And yes, I'm aware I spelled Zephyr wrong. They're very similar.

It is a Mystery
by ANDO

The bit of gameplay that was there was easy and simple enough that it actually felt somewhat unnecessary. The humour and plot were boring, and the game's development was kind of like a kid jumping across stones which are pointy and hard to stand on for very long to get to the other side of a river for no purpose other than seeing what's on the other side and then finding out that the other side has too much foliage to really get around at all, and just when he realises the futility of his efforts, he's eaten by a bear, or stung by a bunch of bees. Not a bad effort, but not really very good either.

5/10

Mystery of the Robot Cheese
by ZANDOR

Not having any gameplay at all is a letdown, although the plot was pretty funny, and overall was entertaining enough to not feel like a waste of time. Could've been closer to the topics, but it did the job well enough for my tastes. Would've been a much better game if it were more interactive I think, but still not all that shabby.

6/10

Surrogate Mother
by ZEPHYRE

I believe this game was the most solid of the bunch. Good graphics, fairly sturdy plot, and enough gameplay to keep it rollin' on home. Unfortunately, it didn't follow any of the topics! So -2 points for that.

8/10 - 2 = 6/10 total

It Came from Switzerland
by GRAA

Nothing particularly wacky here. This and Zephyre's game were probably the most coherent of the lot. In terms of plot, gameplay, graphics, and playability, it was simple, but effective.

7/10

The Mystery of the Swiss Cheese Automaton [sic] Thing
by FLIMSY

It followed the topics, I guess. It mentioned them once in a while at least. There wasn't really a plot, the graphics were stinky, and there wasn't much gameplay to speak of, but it was more entertaining than any of the others, so that gives it basically all of its points. -1 point for not making the topics fundamental enough.

6/10 - 1 = 5/10 total

Rankings:

1. It Came from Switzerland by graa 7/10
2. Mystery of the Robot Cheese by Zandor 6/10
2. Surrogate Mother by Zephyre 6/10
4. It is a Mystery by Ando 5/10
4. The Mystery of the Swiss Cheese Automaton Thing by Flimsy 5/10

And, using my personal judgement, I shall break apart the tie thusly:

1. graa's game
2. Zephyre's game, for being an overall good attempt
3. Zandor's game, for not being as substantial as Zephyre's
4. Ando's game, for being more of a game than Flimsy's
5. Flimsy's game, for JOKING AROUND!
fungahhh
Zephyr
aaaa my capilaries

Post by Zephyr »

I DON'T NEED AND EXTRA 'E' THANK YOU
Fungahhh
Resource id #38

Post by Fungahhh »

I am so sorry Zephyr. You have no idea how sorry I am. I never meant to make you feel like you dont wanna hang out with me anymore. Its like the worst feeling in the world to me. Because honestly I love hanging out with you and angel and doyle. You have no idea how much you all mean to me. You guys are so important to me. I dont know what I would do if i ever lost you as a friend.
fungahhh
Zephyr
aaaa my capilaries

Post by Zephyr »

Oh fungahhh, how could I ever hold a grudge against you? You melt my heart.

:tie:
graa
MEMBER RANK

Post by graa »

Was the judging ever finalized? WHERE IN THE WORLD IS QUANTUM SANDIEGO

:agh:
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

that's a good question. WHO WON i say you did graa ;)