New zzt site launched! need admins, php programmers, etc

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

Ando
2SEXY4U
2SEXY4U

Post by Ando »

Oof, you make me smile. :tie:
MadTom
<:D

Post by MadTom »

Quite apart from <3ing that perspective, that picture suddenly had it occur to me that buildings in ZZT games are almost always drawn as oblongs with doors and windows, when in real life they usually have a wing or two (as in your picture), covered entranceways, etc.

It's just like Tree Syndrome (draw a green circle with a brown stick underneath; voila, a tree) except a bit more subtle, I guess.
FSFunky
Fergalicious

Post by FSFunky »

Oblong is a very funny word.

A word that I do not know how to pronounce!
superbowl shuffle
Official Clamp School Defender

Post by superbowl shuffle »

Little boxes on the hillside
Little boxes made of ticky tacky
Little boxes
Little boxes
Little boxes all the same
There's a green one and a pink one
And a blue one and a yellow one
And they're all made out of ticky tacky
And they all look just the same

And the people in the houses all go to the university
And they all get put in boxes, little boxes all the same
And there's doctors and there's lawyers
And business executives
And they're all made out of ticky tacky and they all look just the same
And they all play on the golf course and drink their martini dry
And they all have pretty children and the children go to school
And the children go to summer camp
And then to the university
And they all get put in boxes, and they all come out the same
And the boys go into business and marry and raise a family
And they all get put in boxes, little boxes all the same

There's a green one, and a pink one
And a blue one and a yellow one
And they're all made out of ticky tacky
And they all look just the same
[size=75:lh51rn9h][b:lh51rn9h]When the 5 o'clock whistle blows, so do I.[/b:lh51rn9h]
[/size:lh51rn9h]
superbowl shuffle

I might have use for statless items, mainly a statless conveyor to get some nice colored slashes and maybe even some vertical and horizontal lines. Does it make things buggy to use them? TTTPPP swears on his life that it does.
[size=75:lh51rn9h][b:lh51rn9h]When the 5 o'clock whistle blows, so do I.[/b:lh51rn9h]
MadTom

Post by MadTom »

Statless conveyers are buggy, or at least the way I did them. Sometimes when the board is loaded they're /, sometimes |, sometimes \, sometimes -. They stay in that position but the initial character is random.
superbowl shuffle

teehee that's funny

What might a statless star do?
ghettoflower
viovis

To clarify a few things!

Post by ghettoflower »

First off, statless things aren't buggy mostly, well, they weren't meant to be, i guess. Some things freeze the game such as a statless slime (they're just like a ricochet but they're useful)

Secondly, yeah, those statless smilies, you're right, they're players. For some reason they're like a breakable wall, and statless enemies and the like. Statless object characters just don't show up, they're black walls basically no matter what. In SuperZZT for some reason they show up as indestructable #char 2's, as I've been through all that.

Thirdly, yeah, you can have half-block, heck all 220-223, but it'll cost you. With some research, and insanity, I was able to locate the tiger character and default colour in hex, with some translation, don't ask why, as with everything else.. Yeah, custom fakes, breaks, waters, tigers, bears, all taht jazz.. even custom invisibles, which turn into normals when touched.. heck, I even found the special character for the player on the title screen somehow.

Long story short, you can replace any prefab monster to thing almost to whatever character you want using hex editing. cough cough

http://viovis.chaosnet.org/us.html

Just scroll down to the yellow to see what an idea you have, and before you say "OH NO THIS THEY AORENT" and claim you can't become the leet hex editor genius of the modern times, I'll tell you now that I knew NOTHING on hex editing other than what the cheat stuff like gamewizard or gamegenie or whatever.. That's hex editing.

also i'll do it if you give me the details

like say the ricochet and the slime are the same character, you can change that, even change the default colours of some things, so you can get dark blue or dark red on command of #change and all. Your dreams aren't limited to these limites.. Just hack the exec, void the warrenty of the freeware you got that can be changed around without totally infriging that copyright that nobody cares about anymore, Timmy's bastard stepchild, and Do what you gotta do! This has been BC reporting

-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Vioviso
I LIKE ELK
MadTom

Post by MadTom »

Hail Viovis.
TTTPPP
Latest band news: &quot;There are no news!&quot;

Post by TTTPPP »

:agh: When I get home I am so going to try some of that stuff out (The word "so" in this context raises the excitement level of the overall sentence by a factor of 3)