ZZT/MZX Lexicon updated (May 24th)

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

Terryn
torpid refresh rates!

ZZT/MZX Lexicon updated (May 24th)

Post by Terryn »

The ZZT/MZX Lexicon has finally been updated! You can find it <a href="http://terryn.xasm.net/vault/lexnew.txt">here.</a>

Changes from last version (December 20 2003):

-Updated: DOA Archive; Drelick, Luke; FishIg; godedrp; IF; Janson, Greg; MegaZeux; Saga, the; sidescroller; Software Visions; SuperMZX; VERGE; wtfcat; Z; Zeux.
-Added: #cesspool; #neocesspool; Bernard the Bard; cult game; Luchi; Muero Diario; School ZZT; Skeptisoft; Teen Priest; webcomic; Z-Unit;Zaphbash
-Removed: Showcase of Failure; twenty-seven.

Wanted writeups: "#darkdigital" "#igmo" "Green is Evil" "zzt.org n. also torg." "TP2 WIL BE BANED"

Unstickied by God 05/11/04 due to loss of interest.
Last edited by Terryn on Mon May 24, 2004 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
What can be said now?

Post by 519 »

No lexicon guide is complete without Sailor Moon. :(
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! &lt;3

Post by Dr. Dos »

I made this sticky because I <s>ejaculated all over it</s> think that it is very neat and people should submit definitions.
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
Stak
Watching you post

Post by Stak »

"Green is evil!" - a catchphrase originated by Zenith Nadir around (insert date here). Many people copied this and incorporated it into their games (such as Eurakarte's Shapiro Cares Not For Lies). Surprisingly, nobody questioned the reasoning behind the phrase until years later; according to Zenith Nadir, green is evil because he has allergies and gets hay fever.

(Ha, I DID remember that post from the old zzt.org days.)
Dr. Dos

Post by Dr. Dos »

i always thought Green is Evil was nadir's way of admitting how EVIL he was/is. Seeing as how #la mostly hated nadir (read: zaphod, knightt). Therefore if green is evil, and nadir is green then nadir is evil.
Visit the Museum of ZZT

Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

Stak wrote:"Green is evil!" - a catchphrase originated by Zenith Nadir around (insert date here). Many people copied this and incorporated it into their games (such as Eurakarte's Shapiro Cares Not For Lies). Surprisingly, nobody questioned the reasoning behind the phrase until years later; according to Zenith Nadir, green is evil because he has allergies and gets hay fever.

(Ha, I DID remember that post from the old zzt.org days.)
you know, i made that up

i remember one day zechs was like OMG NADIR Y IS GREEN EVIL????????????????????/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// lol moo i act leik a cwo!!!!!!!! MOOOO ahahaha im funy :)

so i gave that as a reason

zechs was so stupid
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Stak
Watching you post

Post by Stak »

Oh.

Well, in that case, my entry is invalid and someone else should write it.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

I thought green is evil had something to do with Viovos
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Dr. Dos

Post by Dr. Dos »

There's only one way to find out:

OMG NADIR Y IS GREEN EVIL????????????????????/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// lol moo i act leik a cwo!!!!!!!! MOOOO ahahaha im funy :)
Visit the Museum of ZZT

What can be said now?

Post by 48 »

Actually this is a pretty interesting thingy to read through. Add the Bencomic URL, damnit, and it was updated only last week! http://www.stripcreator.com/~benco

A few more additions:

#/mefallsover n. channel created by Fishfood and Lord Igsel as a meeting place for their friends, and an alternative to #darkdigital (q.v.) and #loungeact (q.v.). Later incarnations: #/mfo and #/mofo.

inverted thoughts inc dot n. A company started by Fishfood, Dragonlord and Lord Igsel. It numbered seventeen members and created over two games before imploding because nobody really cared that much. Members were: Zamros, Funk, Lurker, Wildkarrde, Bocco, Coolzx, Dogbert, Jastice, ryosuke, godedrp, lenin, WiL, atrocity and Pickled.

Marklu 2002-2003. The man. The legend. Marklu appeared in #misanthropy (q.v.) to almost instantaneous fame, thanks to his complete inability to think or type coherently, and his constantly changing series of lies: that his father is a nuclear technician with class Q access, for example, or that he has had 67 girlfriends (two of whom where imaginary). Marklu's distaste for the channel eventually caused him to leave, though folk say that he will return when the channel is threatened and all the ravens have flown from The Tower of London.

SZPLUG! interj, dated. Exclamation of surprise, esp. when something unpleasent has happened. From UBGS (q.v.).

"In the end it doesn't even matter" interj, dated. From dreadful Linkin Park song "In the End"; used to identify and mock anyone who is broadcasting their angst.
DNDNDNDNDNDNDN interj. Represents a repetitious/fast sound, such as punk music. Used by ZZTers mostly as a precursor to
insult, or to simply poke light fun.
Didn't this actually come from Godederp's "mofo/chuck sucks" .wav files?
Dr. Dos

Post by Dr. Dos »

yes it did. oh and

Endgame Awards - Strange awards created by Dr. Dos in 2003 to attempt to create competition in ZZT. Originally FAILED MISERABLY, but people continued to request it the next year in which idiots couldn't understand what to do and thus were forced to vote on the boards. Hopefully dead.
Visit the Museum of ZZT

What can be said now?

Post by 48 »

Also.
Z2 ... Administrators of the site
have included over this time: Benco, Cait_Sith, craNKGod, CyQ, Dragonlord, Fishfood, Flaming_O, Kracken, MadTom, Mooseka,
_ry0suke_, wildkarrdex, Zenith Nadir, zamros, Zanno, and zenryoku. 2) See also ZZT 2.
And me, damnit.
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

good point

funk deserves to be on there more than zenryoku
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
What can be said now?

Post by 48 »

And Zanno. They were both queers.
superbowl shuffle
Official Clamp School Defender

Post by superbowl shuffle »

I find this thread insulting to people who go by names that start with Z.
[size=75:lh51rn9h][b:lh51rn9h]When the 5 o'clock whistle blows, so do I.[/b:lh51rn9h]
[/size:lh51rn9h]