Need 4 inspiration!

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

What can be said now?

Need 4 inspiration!

Post by 513 »

Alrighty, I got ZZT, the STK, the Z-Files (or whatever :P), ZZTAE and played a few games. I have previous experience with using the ZZT editor and programming in ZZT-OOP, but one thing is missing before I can make my own game...

INSPIRATION!

Anyone have any ideas for my game? They'd be most welcome.
What can be said now?

Post by 489 »

Uhh

Make a game featuring a femi-nazi called She-sus. =(
And a robber and wizards.
My Liver Hurtz
All Hail

Post by My Liver Hurtz »

Make Lemmings.
I did!--I did!--You're quicker than your friend... Now for a handful of guilders I happen to have a private and uncut performance of The Rape of the Sabine Women-or rather woman, or rather Alfred--. Get your skirt on, Alfred--
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

Inspiration is something that can't be forced. But if you're looking for some, read some comic books, listen to some music, or go outside (an alien concept, I know) and take a look around. If you do that enough, something'll come to you.

Well, that's what works for me!
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
What can be said now?

Post by 464 »

I play lots and lots of games and mix everything together....
Mooseka
;-*

Post by Mooseka »

make a game about shemales.

and they slip on bananas. NOW THAT'S COMEDY.
What can be said now?

Post by 513 »

Everyone please forget my plea. I need to brush up on my ZZTAE skills first... things have changed over the years :agh:
What can be said now?

Post by 450 »

My method of inspiration is taking a cliche and reversing it. For example, I'm working on a game where humanity takes over a "race" of robots, which sound original, but isn't. It's the "robots conquer humanity" cliche reversed. After that, expand on that idea. I decided to add a Shin Megami Tensei-ish law-chaos axis to add more replay value.
Stak
Watching you post

Post by Stak »

Here is a method that I personally haven't tried yet, but I believe this was a widespread inspirational method used back in the days of the NES!

(1) Use random hallucinagens. Shrooms, acid, whatever.
(2) Make a game based on your hallucinations!

AND ANYONE WHO SAYS NO ONE HAS EVER DONE THIS IS A LIAR. IF THIS ISN'T TRUE, EXPLAIN THE NES'S ZOMBIE NATION.
My Liver Hurtz
All Hail

Post by My Liver Hurtz »

Listen to music. That always works for me.
I did!--I did!--You're quicker than your friend... Now for a handful of guilders I happen to have a private and uncut performance of The Rape of the Sabine Women-or rather woman, or rather Alfred--. Get your skirt on, Alfred--
What can be said now?

Look....

Post by 532 »

Look, if story making is not your thing go for a game thats just one big minigame or somehting.......like card prime. Card Prime had no story and it was really fun. Or if storys are your thing then ask yourself what you like and dont like. (ex- I like space. So Im making a space game called Space Station 258, it has a great story and lots of mini-games. If you want to know one of the mini games it would have to be the escape from the space station, you hope into a space ship and go down narrow pipes and escape from the astroid prison. ^^ Woops that will be on my secound game.....but who cares?) Mini-game games have lots of bugs, so be prepared for that. JUST GO FOR IT!!!!!! :missile:
What can be said now?

Re: Look....

Post by 518 »

Spiff wrote:Look, if story making is not your thing go for a game thats just one big minigame or somehting.......like card prime. Card Prime had no story and it was really fun.
Yeah, the fun factor is always what counts the most. It's the single reason zzt has stayed around, even in the days of XBOX.
What can be said now?

Post by 519 »

I don't think there's many games where the sole purpose is to BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF THE PLAYER IN AS MANY PAINFUL WAYS AS YOU CAN THINK OF. I think I have the only one.

Watch out for 33 MORE Ways to Die. Now with 99% more storyline.
Homz
Ordinery

Post by Homz »

I WANT THAT GAME

PLEASE
What can be said now?

Post by 519 »

its in the z2 archive somewhere