Dune, a book about addictive sand.

In your adventures through the Town of ZZT, you have been captured by the evil Dungeon Guards. Not recognizing you as the great escape artist you are, the guards have thrown you in the Dungeons of ZZT.

Moderator: zamros

What can be said now?

Dune, a book about addictive sand.

Post by 518 »

The series is quite enthralling, but I think the later, Mis-frank dune houses are better off not read. Then again, I'm only now on Dune Messiah.

Unless someone can convince me otherwise.

Oh, and something tells me the sandworms in beetlejuice were based off the makers.
What can be said now?

Post by 458 »

Dune Rocks. Quite possibly one of my favorite Sci-Fi book series'. It ranks right up there with "ender's game" and "three to dorsai". You know, they made about three movies based on dune- the first one with sting and the guy who played captain picard was the best. Overall, I would definitely reccomend reading "children of Dune" and "god emperor of Dune".

Perhaps this could be a ZZT game? hmm?
What can be said now?

Post by 518 »

There's an idea.

Oh, and in case the title looks familiar, I got the addictive sand thing from another user on z2 long, long ago. some post about favorite books.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

DUNE ROCKS

Dune Messiah owns.

Children of Dune is the peak. From there on the books are set so far in the future of Dune you wonder why you care. It's a bit disapointing, but after reading the others, you'll get an idea of the scope of dune. Frank Herbert's style is entralling and captivating. His other books are excellent as well, like The Jesus Incident, and White Plauge. The problem with the Brian Herbert/Kevin Anderson books are that it's not Frank Herbert, there's no vision, it's just a story. I suggest reading the Dune Encylopediea if you want to fill in the gaps. It's far more interesting. There's something stylisticly that the newer books can't match.

None of you are allowed to do a Dune ZZT game, that prevents me from doing one.

Also giving David Lynch the largest budget in history and setting him loose makes for one crazy (read awesome) movie.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
My Liver Hurtz
All Hail

Post by My Liver Hurtz »

I almost started reading the Dune books but never worked up the energy to go to the library. I will though, I promise. I think.
I did!--I did!--You're quicker than your friend... Now for a handful of guilders I happen to have a private and uncut performance of The Rape of the Sabine Women-or rather woman, or rather Alfred--. Get your skirt on, Alfred--
What can be said now?

Post by 608 »

I tried to read the Dune books but i kept losing interest. :prezbw:
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

way to resurrect something that hasn't been posted in since december
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast