I've got something that may be of interest to everyone here.

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

What can be said now?

I've got something that may be of interest to everyone here.

Post by 516 »

Hello, and thank you for your time.

First off, I've been around the ZZT community for a very long time at this point (even from when I was like 6 over ten years ago), and I would like to say one thing: good work to you all for keeping it alive and well. For proof of my age in this community, check out http://members.tripod.com/~Hydra78/in8.htm#robd for an interview from when i was 11.

Anyway, I'm RobD. I chatted with everyone wayyyyy back when #megazeux and #zzt and #darkdigital were thriving on Austnet, and everyone was getting over the loss of Greg Janson, who, in my personal opinion, was the best freakin' programmer ever to touch zzt. The STK revolutionized ZZT, and Megazeux was brilliant, to say the least. Everyone, be very glad you didn't have to deal with Compuserve and the BBSes way back in the day.

Many of you are wondering what my point is by now. My point is that for about 7 years on a 14.4-28.8 connection, I collected 663 zzt games from websites and compuserve, and I'm willing to bet you don't have some of them. Some may be crap, I will admit, but there's new games, nonetheless.

To this end, check out http://tbqrobd.tripod.com/RobDzztcoll.rar for my entire ZZT directory that hasn't been updated in forever. You know the drill: copy and paste and don't click directly on it, or else it won't let you dl it.

Enjoy and keep the dream alive.
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

clecky
Founder of Scientology

Post by clecky »

What do you like best about ZZT/MZX?

The games and the way ZZTers and MZXers keep in contact
HGEHUHEUHEHGEUH
"Reefer makes darkies think they're as good as white men." Harry J. Anslinger, 1929
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

with reference to something fishfood wrote like a year ago;

#9 - 1989

1989 is one of the stupidest most annoying ZZT members you can come across. Worse than knightt lackeys in terms of general annoyance, but slightly more sensible. These people sometimes like to pose as retired oldbies, but always fail. Their main goal is to try and become I'm an oldbie?! without being funny, interesting or useful. They do this by demanding not to be called a newbie and telling people they have been ZZTing for years but somehow never found the community. Most of the claim to be at least 18 and ZZTers for 8-13 years. They are easily spotted, and quickly crushed. Most will either leave forever or come back as a shut up under a new alias. Arguing with them is a fruitless experience, they have all the stupidty of a retired oldbie without ANY of the amusing aspects.

for more, go <a href="http://www.livejournal.com/~fishfood/15 ... l">here</a>.
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Stak
Watching you post

Post by Stak »

I just read that entire guide, and I'm still not sure if I'm a Mr. Bored or a Nice Guy.

I admit, however, that I used to be a Knightt Lackey. I'm not proud of it... but I haven't talked to Knightt in well over a year, so I'm free!

:superbaron:
What can be said now?

Post by 516 »

I'm not trying to be an oldbie or superior to anyone else here. I'm just trying to provide some old games to a good community I left a long time ago. Quite frankly, I'll probably never be back, and I acknowledge that. I figure I may as well give this collection to you guys, though. You can use it better than I can.

Also, I have proof (as seen above) I found the community and was there for a while. I just left a while ago. As I said, I figured you might like these games. If you don't, don't download them.
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

Whee, new classifications. Okay, so I think I went from a Curtain to a Potential Boy. And Funk is a Retired Oldbie, and CrankGod is a Nice Guy, or something like that...
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

But back to the other topic... Who's the lucky chump who gets the job of searching through all 663 games and checking them against the Z2 archive to see which ones need uploading?
MadTom
<:D

Post by MadTom »

You rang, Mr. Ferneau?

Though the link seems to be broken, anyway. - MadTom <:)
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! &lt;3

Post by Dr. Dos »

Yeah the link is broken :(

Otherwise Captain Marvel would do it.
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

I'm still a bitter oldbie! SCORE
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
What can be said now?

Post by 464 »

link is broken?.... how unexpected!!!!
What can be said now?

Post by 518 »

Stak wrote: I admit, however, that I used to be a Knightt Lackey. I'm not proud of it... but I haven't talked to Knightt in well over a year, so I'm free!
Been there, done that.
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! &lt;3

Post by Dr. Dos »

I think most of us have sucked Knightt's dick at one point or another.
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
Mooseka
;-*

Post by Mooseka »

I'LL DRINK TO THAT.