OMG... this is complicated

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

wildkarrdex
A daring young man on a flying trapeze.

Post by wildkarrdex »

What can be said now?

Post by 83 »

I dislike KevEdit because it doesn´t work very well on swedish keyboards. (It acts like I´m using an american one) :(

(God Da**it! Can´t we just have smileys as emoticons instead of annoying pictures? >:^C )
My Liver Hurtz
All Hail

Post by My Liver Hurtz »

MadTom is right. KevEdit is far superior to ZZTAE, once you put in the time to get used to it. Unfortunatly I'm too lazy for that so I'm just going to stick with ZZTAE.
I did!--I did!--You're quicker than your friend... Now for a handful of guilders I happen to have a private and uncut performance of The Rape of the Sabine Women-or rather woman, or rather Alfred--. Get your skirt on, Alfred--
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

(insert mandatory "i don't use external editors, you fags" here)
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
What can be said now?

Post by 513 »

Well, I've decided to give KevEdit a second chance. And it is pretty good, after all....
Stak
Watching you post

Post by Stak »

Zenith Nadir wrote:(insert mandatory "i don't use external editors, you fags" here)
NADIR, WE ALREADY DISCUSSED THIS ONCE. WE ALL BOW DOWN TO YOUR ANCIENT METHODS OF IMPORTING STK BOARDS AND SWITCHING TO THEM EVERY FUCKING TIME YOU WANT TO USE A NON-STANDARD COLOR BECAUSE NO ONE ON EARTH HAS THE PATIENCE TO DO THAT ANYMORE. NO ONE.

Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

what, it takes about three seconds, max.
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

UNTIL YOU MEMORIZE HOW TO DO ALL THE NEAT LITTLE BLENDS PEOPLE MADE, YOU WILL NEED A COLOR KIT.
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
What can be said now?

Post by 513 »

right. okay. sure.

but my question still hasn't been answered. can the gradient tool (or fade tool or whatever) be used for fake walls?
My Liver Hurtz
All Hail

Post by My Liver Hurtz »

I don't think so... not from what I know how to do, anyway. You could make the fade and then replace the solids and normals and whatever with fakes.
I did!--I did!--You're quicker than your friend... Now for a handful of guilders I happen to have a private and uncut performance of The Rape of the Sabine Women-or rather woman, or rather Alfred--. Get your skirt on, Alfred--
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

use kevedit. Make a whole bunch of fake walls and put them in the buffer, then use the gradient tool.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
What can be said now?

Post by 136 »

I hav KevEdit and it is work OK. The old versen uve ZZTAE is beter then the old versen uve KevEdit, but the new versen uve KevEdit dus a lot more stuf that ZZTAE dus not do!
Zephyr
aaaa my capilaries

Post by Zephyr »

This looks suspiciously like the old "Kevedit vs. ZZTAE" thread.
My Liver Hurtz
All Hail

Post by My Liver Hurtz »

Why would you say that?

<hidden>!tidEveK ton ,EATZZ esU</hidden>
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

Stak wrote:NADIR, WE ALREADY DISCUSSED THIS ONCE. WE ALL BOW DOWN TO YOUR ANCIENT METHODS OF IMPORTING STK BOARDS AND SWITCHING TO THEM EVERY FUCKING TIME YOU WANT TO USE A NON-STANDARD COLOR BECAUSE NO ONE ON EARTH HAS THE PATIENCE TO DO THAT ANYMORE. NO ONE.
I don't even import the boards. I just switch to the board in S-TOOL-K.ZZT or MORESTK.ZZT or whatever, push Enter on the thing I want, switch back to my own file, and push Space somewhere. I don't want my games cluttered with STK boards like everybody else's.