ZZTV8 Feedback

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

MadTom
<:D

re

Post by MadTom »

The pauses work well for some songs and poorly for others. I tried it for this one and I didn't think it sounded as good, so I left the notes filled in.
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

Another thing you can do is make the syllables that are currently being sung turn all-caps. It does mean you have to type the line over and over and over again, though.
MadTom

Post by MadTom »

The only excuse I have for that one is laziness. <:(
What can be said now?

Post by 53 »

hm, My 32nd notes don't work on ZZT...
anyone tried <a>MinigolfZZT</a> yet?
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

this is a picture of homz

;_;
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Mooseka
;-*

Post by Mooseka »

NADIR YES
Zephyr
aaaa my capilaries

Post by Zephyr »

scatman's world wrote:anyone tried <a>MinigolfZZT</a> yet?
I did. It's a really cool idea, but you need to work out some bugs.

example: I tried to shoot nw just to see what it did and the message "err bad command shooot" came up.
MadTom

My own opinions.

Post by MadTom »

Right, with that done, here are my own opinions:

#dumbmagic - I liked the engine a lot, but it was slightly buggy and not very polished.
#ignit - Ignition Factor looks to be quite a good game. It's a shame that Hurtz didn't manage to include anything else of substance.
#iratepirate - Best ever. I love the music and the RPG battle especially.
#mercuryblue - Looking past the obvious ZZTAE/KevEdit fade for the menu screens, not a bad channel. I liked the snow tiara thing.
#mindcontrol - Pretty standard ZZTV channel. I liked a lot of the art, although that 'Adventure of the No-Things' thing made me go " ... what?"
#scotchtape - A bit bare of content, but not really bad. The game preview looked interesting, although there's a bit too much dialogue ...
#shIzer - I liked the idea of the 'Pushing Jim' game, but the soccer and truth engines weren't as interesting. Pretty good overall.
#specialreport - Some interesting music from both catfriedrice and Ryan Ferneau, but otherwise nothing really fantastic.
#superdave - A nicely graphically-presented channel. A little empty, but he didn't have much time to finish due to my imposing a strict due date.
#sweet_cuppin_cakes - Nice menu screen. The ZZT versions of the MS-Paintz were pretty good, but it wasn't really necessary to include those boards I made twice. The reviews were good, if a little short.
#waffles - A very large and well-presented channel with some good interviews and a bit of decent art.
#wintercitadel - Excellent. It's a shame about that preview of Mind Vomit, though, since it's already been released.
#void - Vies with #wintercitadel and #waffles as the best channel in the release. The preview of the obviously ESP-inspired Jupiter Moon, which is what really makes the channel, looked excellent.
#zelnut - Pretty much everything made me laugh hard, especially the Professor Hufnagel board. Shame he didn't finish it.

So there you have it! I'll be taking a rest for a bit, and then I'll start the thread for ZZTV9. Thanks again to all those who contributed.
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

Hey hey, I didn't know CatFriedRice included my songs. I remember a while back that my brother told me I should swap the final dungeon song with the final boss song, and I'm starting to agree with him now.
Zandor 12
What has science done???

Post by Zandor 12 »

Madtom's ravebaron blew my regular non-raving baron out of the water with its sheer awesomeness. =)
Reason and logic had led people into the horrors of war; the only route to salvation was to reject logic and embrace anarchy and the irrational.
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

zandor you think you can hide your crushed spirit behind a smile

it's okay for boys to cry
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
MadTom

Post by MadTom »

Technically, it's an inverted norabevar, really. The colours are wrong, too. <:(
What can be said now?

Post by 53 »

Ryan Ferneau wrote:Hey hey, I didn't know CatFriedRice included my songs. I remember a while back that my brother told me I should swap the final dungeon song with the final boss song, and I'm starting to agree with him now.
yea, and I put your name on it too, cause It's yours.

did you try the one I couldn't get to work (only runs in kevedit) one sucks but the other one's kinda cool. Too bad I stole it... I mean it's too short.

example: I tried to shoot nw just to see what it did and the message "err bad command shooot" came up.
I used to have it set up so that the arrow would turn both left and right, but it kept making two arrows. I'm going back in and re-think that idea a little bit.
also, unless the sound is off, the water noise'll get irritating after a while. I've got to find out how nano set it up to where his wouldn't do that...
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

Yeah, I had to change the illegal note lengths to t's and set the left song's #cycle to 1.