ZZTV8.

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

MadTom
<:D

ZZTV8.

Post by MadTom »

From the man himself:
BoonoB, via e-mail, wrote: I'm never gonna finish it. I've just lost interest in ZZT completely. Haven't been to Z2 in months, haven't played anything in months. I understand you're prolly really busy, but if you have any spare time and are interested, would you want to finish ZZTV? Otherwise it'll just... die, and people will be angry.

If you do, just say, I'll send everything to you. Just do what you want with anything, and as I've done very little, just make it done by you completely. Maybe add a note to say "BoonoB is a liar, and ought to be shot."
He'll be sending me all the material received thus far shortly. Given that there are only six or seven entries in total (his and mine included), and that the project has been lying stagnant for some time, I'm willing to wait just a bit longer if anyone wants to make another entry.

For those of you not sure what ZZTV is, it was a community magazine project started by DarkFLR, way back before dirt. It's been run by Zenith Nadir in recent years, but after ZZTV7 was released he gave it to BoonoB to manage.

What an 'entry' comprises is about ten boards or so of ... well, whatever you want, assembled into a channel. The channel name, which can be anything, is preceded by a hash; for example, mine is #custardpie. There's nothing restrictive about it, so long as all the boards are linked together, and you use STK. Using editors like ZZTAE and KevEdit is fine. I will also maintain BoonoB's initial restriction of a five-board minimum, though doubtless those of you who decide to contribute will probably want to make more than that.

If you are interested, it might pay to download some older releases of the project, particularly the reasonably successful ZZTV6 and ZZTV7. This is an excellent way to show off your skills in a community project that you know a lot of people are going to download, and the free reign means you can do some really wacky and interesting stuff ... Viovis' #tus channels being a noteworthy example.

Here's the final cut-off. If I haven't received your channel entry (send it to me by e-mail) by November the 15th, 2003, you may not get your channel in before I release the magazine. Thanks to those who've already contributed so far, and I apologise for making you wait just a bit longer.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here. Break on through!
Last edited by MadTom on Tue Nov 18, 2003 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mooseka
;-*

Post by Mooseka »

WHY IS JIM MORRISON DEAD

WHY
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

To start a second new project or not to. That is the question.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! &lt;3

Post by Dr. Dos »

I don't even remember what my entry looks like!
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
MadTom

Post by MadTom »

The following people have indicated they might make channels, and are therefore far cooler than you. Unless you've already submitted one.

dave2
Mooseka
Commodore wrote:To start a second new project or not to. That is the question.
I'll be your best friend <:(
Mooseka
;-*

Post by Mooseka »

MY ZZTV8 ENTRY WILL BE THE BEST BECAUSE I'M SETTING UP INTERVIEWS WITH TYRANNOUS AND D'ARBYJ.

SPEAKING OF! IF YOU TWO ARE READING THIS, WHICH I'M SURE YOU ARE, E-MAIL ME AT BRNAHTE@HOTMAIL.COM SO WE CAN SET THIS SHIT UP. IF YOU HAVE AIM THAT WOULD BE GOOD.
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! &lt;3

Post by Dr. Dos »

I think I shall go on and revamp my channel, but if I don't send a new one in, just stick with the old one.
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
clecky
Founder of Scientology

Post by clecky »

ILL MAKE ONE.
"Reefer makes darkies think they're as good as white men." Harry J. Anslinger, 1929
What can be said now?

Post by 26 »

I MAY OR MAY NOT MAKE A CHANNEL

BUT IF I DO IT WILL BE CALLED #MARVELVSCAPCOM2
What can be said now?

Post by 113 »

I'll make one
My Liver Hurtz
All Hail

Post by My Liver Hurtz »

Hmm... I might make something for this one. Depends on how motivated I am with Ignition Factor.
I did!--I did!--You're quicker than your friend... Now for a handful of guilders I happen to have a private and uncut performance of The Rape of the Sabine Women-or rather woman, or rather Alfred--. Get your skirt on, Alfred--
What can be said now?

Post by 241 »

Well, things with my current game are going a bit slowly, so I might take a break from it and submit something.
MadTom

Post by MadTom »

Dr. Dos wrote:I think I shall go on and revamp my channel, but if I don't send a new one in, just stick with the old one.
That's fine, I'll be taking the chance to add a few things to mine, as well.

So! In sum, the following people are all heroes and are far cooler than all the rest of you put together, unless you've already sent one in.

Clecky
dave2
Mooseka
Mr. Smith

The following people might be cool, if they decide to contribute:

eRN56
GameMstr1
My Liver Hurtz

Also, Mooseka if both of them interview you, I swear your channel will be the best thing ever. I forgot to mention that, actually: ZZTer interviews are a popular thing to do for ZZTV channels, if you're stuck for ideas.

Other ideas:

- Art from your games that you never used.
- Teasers for your future games.
- Engines.
- Minigames.
- Music.
- Scribbled ideas.
- Viovisian-type 'visualties' boards.
- Flames and mocks on others. Yes, flames and mocks are allowed.

I'm completely serious, people. It can be anything. As long as it involves STK.
MadTom

Post by MadTom »

... I really hate that 'sum41' word censor.
Mooseka
;-*

Post by Mooseka »

madtom needs sum41 to love