Metal Gear Solid 2

If you want to act like He-Man, grab a sword and stand on the peak of one the mountains in Valua then stick your sword into the sky screaming "I HAVE THE POWER!!".Then get struck by lightning just like He-Man.

Moderator: Commodore

What can be said now?

Metal Gear Solid 2

Post by 463 »

Two weeks ago I finally bought a playstation 2. I also got Twisted Metal:Black, Grand Theft Auto 3, and Metal Gear Solid 2:Substance. I just wanted to ask, did anyone else think the story to MGS2 literally sucked? I mean.. I was really dissapointed in that game, and I couldn't believe it. Especially the fact that you hardly even play the game at all. I was frustrated having to listen in on the codec like.. 10 minutes at a time for every few steps I'd take. Hopefully MGS3 won't have the codec period.. then we can't be bothered every ten seconds.

The story itself was a major bummer. I think Hideo Kojima just ruined the game entirely. At the start it wasn't sound TOO bad, but right after the tanker it goes all downhill from there. Well, yeah.

Post opinions.

DarkShadow.
snorby schnorrbusch
newcomer

Post by snorby schnorrbusch »

Arrrgh, don't get me started on the MGS2 Codec. At first, I was more than willing to listen to the conversations, but around the last area or so... RRRRGH OKAY RAIDEN BLAH BLAH BLAH WE KNOW YOUR LIFE SUCKS OKAY FASTFORWARD NOW

The story? I beat the game last year, and I'm STILL wondering, who the hell are the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo!? Just WHAT did Campbell mean by "sentient entity?!" And why the hell doesn't my copy have audio for the closing credits?!

I hate Raiden, also. He will NEVER be cooler than Solid Snake, despite my best friend's opinion. Snake comes off as more of a badass, and Raiden comes across as a whiny pussy. As for Raiden, I actually did the following through the game just because I hate him so much:

1. Dropping him into the Atlantic Ocean. Repeatedly. That "YAAAAAAAAAAa- *splash*" never fails to cheer me up.

2. Nikita missiles are fun! Look, there's Raiden! *BLAM* Oops.

3. It's interesting that the game will let you do to Emma (almost) anything you can do to an enemy. This includes, but is not limited to, breaking her neck...

4. ...and killing her by shooting her through the head (which, incidentally, results in the most horrifying death scream in video game history).

5. Introducing Snake to the business end of a katana. (But why is it if SNAKE dies, RAIDEN loses the game?)
What can be said now?

Post by 29 »

i liked it.
and the la-li-lu-le-lo are the patriots, silly.
What can be said now?

Post by 463 »

Hmm.. I'm gonna try shooting Emma if I ever feel like playing it again. Which I doubt will be anytime soon. Unless I feel like getting dog tags? Even though, doing even that, is kinda pointless.. but ah well.

Right, the story was just weak. I mean.. it goes from Point A.. to Point Z, to Point M, and then it basically just goes wherever it feels like and keeps on going on about how this person was lied to about one thing, and yadda yadda yadda. Like I've said.. let us hope Snake Eater is going to be awesome. It's always great to have like a really big plot, but not if the game is basically a book. If I wanted to read or listen to a book, I'd go buy one.

DarkShadow.
What can be said now?

Post by 450 »

My god, this is like the gameFAQs boards, only coherent and less bitchy.

And the whole shooting Emma thing, hell yeah. I like to put on the stealth, drag her over to a guard, and watch them shoot her.

:agh:
What can be said now?

Post by 463 »

Heh heh. Yeah, I'm gonna be trying to do that for sure next time around. In fact.. I'm gonna try to use every weapon on her just for fun. Oh yes.
I wonder who else we can do that to as well.. hmm.

DarkShadow.
snorby schnorrbusch
newcomer

I found you can kill the following people in the game through the following screwups.

1. Raiden (The infamous "YAAAAAAAAAAAAa- *splash*" I love so much comes to mind, among other ways.)
2. Emma (Squaresquaresquaresquaresquaresquaresquare *CRACK*)
3. Johnson (I see you, President Johnson! *BOOM*)
4. Ames or a hostage (Just shoot one of them. However, it results in Raiden getting machinegunned to death... I ask, is this necessarily a BAD thing?)
5. Everybody on Big Shell (Look what happens when i target a block of C4 and pull the trigger!)
6. Snake (Eat katana, Snake! Just make sure you've got a Ration equipped.)

Amoden: If the guards kill Emma, does she still have the same shrill death scream as when you headshot her?
What can be said now?

Post by 463 »

Yeah, I've never actually tried killing Snake with the katana, good idea. It's actually funny how Raiden just randomly gets a katana, and knows how to use it like he's a pro or something. But hey, I guess that's how the game works.

If a soldier kills Emma, I think it's the same death scream? Unless the programmers set it up so when she's killed by Raiden it's one scream, and killed by some other fashion, another?

DarkShadow.
Mooseka
;-*

Post by Mooseka »

YOU KNOW, DARKSHADOW, THERE IS A "SIGNATURE" FUNCTION BUILT INTO THE BOARDS.
What can be said now?

Post by 463 »

Yeah, I know. I just did that before you even posted that.. oddly.. I fixed up my name now hopefully. Yeah.
snorby schnorrbusch
newcomer

I never actually GOT Emma killed by the guards, per se- maybe it was so I could get off the $%)(*^!$)(*^ Big Shell and into Arsenal Gear- but when Raiden shoots her, she winds up doing a loud "SHRIEEEEEEEEEEEEEK! Shrieeeeeeeeek! Shrieeeeeek...! ...shrieeeeeeeek..." before falling to the ground. (By comparison, breaking her neck results in more of a "Urrrk.... *gurgle* *gurgle*" death scream.)
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

And what's the deal with signatures that are just the usernames repeated? Hello, I can already see your username in the left sidebar!
Zephyr
aaaa my capilaries

Post by Zephyr »

I beat it on XBOX, and I thought it was pretty cool. The plot was WAY too confusing though. I still don't fully understand.
What can be said now?

Post by 463 »

My name is in my signature.. cause.. uhh.. I want it to be? What does it matter?

Zephyr - The plot was confusing, simply because I think they suddenly changed plans on the whole idea, and instead of scrapping it at square one, they just ruined the whole game. I dunno, they must've been really high when they were thinking this shit up, cause I mean, yeah.. I hated the plot.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

They should have just remade the original.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*