mind rot

You're a bunch of Philistines really, aren't you?

Moderator: superbowl shuffle

Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

mind rot

Post by Zenith Nadir »

Okay so I got to thinking last night and I remembered how absolutely fucking excellent MIGHTY MAX was. Well, I mean the cartoon, but I got into it through the toys. Considering it was, in essence, a marketing tool, the Mighty Max cartoon was absolutely excellent. I loved Mighty Max when I was like, 10.

Especially Norman, he was hardass.

What corrupted you people in your youths? THIS HAD BETTER BE GOOD
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

HELL YES. I loved the Mighty Max cartoon.

I got caught up in pokemon :(. Bought the games, cards, watched the gay ass show, the usual :(. I must've spent $500 on cards alone. Worst part was, when I was finally losing interest, my deck for the card game was nearly unbeatable, and was "worth" about $10 only.
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
superbowl shuffle
Official Clamp School Defender

Post by superbowl shuffle »

New Kids on the Block 8(

I watch more cartoons now than I did in my youth. I used to love Rocco's Modern Life and Eekstravaganza. Then, in the later part of my youth I watched mostly Pinky and the Brain and Tiny Toons. For a long time I watched Nick at Nite, but now they replaced the 'at' with '@' and they play shows from the 80's and 90's, so I don't watch that too much.
[size=75:lh51rn9h][b:lh51rn9h]When the 5 o'clock whistle blows, so do I.[/b:lh51rn9h]
[/size:lh51rn9h]
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

pinky and the brain was sass

tiny toons sucked

I'm not seeing any mention of THE REAL ADVENTURES OF JONNY QUEST or SAMURAI PIZZA CATS yet, people

where's your fucking decorum

TTTPPP
Latest band news: "There are no news!"

Post by TTTPPP »

Jonny Quest was class (although I'm not sure I would have agreed so much if I'd known it was called 'The Real Adventures of...' - it's like they don't trust their viewers or something). It's one of my favourite theme tunes of all time as well.

I used to really like Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles, and thought it was crap that all the toys were called Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It was only later that I found out the cartoon was just a spin off from a film :(

Knightmare also rocked some serious ass (think donkey in a huracane).
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

knightmare

I remember it used to be on on the same night I had FRENCH CLUB or some shit and I'd get my mother to videotape it for me. They should totally bring it back, I get kind of erect thinking of what they could do with today's technology. Except I don't really. But it would be neat.

And it was only "HERO" turtles in Britain, because the BBC decided that "ninja" was a bad word =(

Your avatar indicates another cartoon from my impressionable years, though I preferred Danger Mouse. Or, if we're talking later Cosgrove Hall, Avenger Penguins.

superbowl shuffle
Official Clamp School Defender

Post by superbowl shuffle »

The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest was on Cartoon Network and I didn't get Cartoon Network until some months ago. Hence my saying 'I watch more cartoons now than I did in my youth'. I did love what episodes I was able to see at my grandparents' house, especially the Rapa Nui one. :prezbw:
[size=75:lh51rn9h][b:lh51rn9h]When the 5 o'clock whistle blows, so do I.[/b:lh51rn9h]
[/size:lh51rn9h]
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

we didn't have a television until I was about 10. :( probably for the best. But since then I was all about the original Loony Toons.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

TTTPPP wrote:Jonny Quest was class (although I'm not sure I would have agreed so much if I'd known it was called 'The Real Adventures of...' - it's like they don't trust their viewers or something). It's one of my favourite theme tunes of all time as well.
No, I think "The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest" was some stupid updated version of the original Jonny Quest.
Zephyr
aaaa my capilaries

Post by Zephyr »

Yea. it was computer generated.
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

It was only the QUESTWORLD segments that were computer generated!

And it was way better than the original =(

Mooseka
;-*

Post by Mooseka »

Zenith Nadir wrote:It was only the QUESTWORLD segments that were computer generated!

And it was way better than the original =(
I CONCUR. You're all gay.
TTTPPP
Latest band news: "There are no news!"

Post by TTTPPP »

Zenith Nadir wrote:Your avatar indicates another cartoon from my impressionable years, though I preferred Danger Mouse. Or, if we're talking later Cosgrove Hall, Avenger Penguins.
Close call between Danger Mouse and Count Duckula, but I still favour the latter, mainly because my grandma was really into Count Duckula (she stopped watching kids tv when they took it off).
Never heard of Cosgrove Hall or Avenger Penguins (maybe because I don't get nickolodean, etc).

Later than Jonny Quest, Max Steel was ace. Another program I just thought of is "80 days around the world" with the humourous cat (Rigodon?) and mouse (Tico I think) duo.
What can be said now?

Post by 98 »

I always loved Teddy Ruxpin, for some odd reason. =P

I also watched TMNT, Ducktales, Rescue Rangers, Samurai Pizza Cats, Tiny Toons (even though Nadir HATEZ IT) and a lot of other stuff. This Dutch youth series "Bassie & Adriaan" (not a cartoon) is most excellent. It stars a clown, an acrobat and an evil baron with his henchmen. It's the best ever!

I watched too much of Johnny Bravo like 5 years ago.

I watch stuff like Spongebob (HAHA >:D), Ed Edd & Eddy, Ren & Stimpy, The Simpsons and Futurama these days. Angry Beaves is pretty crazy, too. :P
What can be said now?

Post by 98 »

I'm forgetting the most important era of my life... when I was like 5 or something.

The era of Masters of the Universe (He-man! I even had a He-man jumpsuit O_o), Thundercats and G.I. Joe.