What game would you like to see ported to the GBA??

In your adventures through the Town of ZZT, you have been captured by the evil Dungeon Guards. Not recognizing you as the great escape artist you are, the guards have thrown you in the Dungeons of ZZT.

Moderator: zamros

What can be said now?

What game would you like to see ported to the GBA??

Post by 186 »

As I'm sure many of you have noticed, alot of games have ben or are being ported to the Nintendo Game Boy Advance. Among the first were the ports of Mario Bros, Breath of Fire 1, Breath of Fire 2 and Mario Brothers 2. Other recent additions were announcements of a port of the original Metroid, the Super Nes Ghosts and Gouls, and Super Mario Bros 3!

For me, the dream ports would be a redone version of Final Fantasy 6, Secret Of Mana, Secret of Mana 2, and (of course ^^) Chrono Trigger.
Way to much posts!

Post by 7 »

Seiken Densetsu/Final Fantasy Adventure is being remade for gba. looking sassed.

SaGa 1-3 on gba would be sexy, though SaGa 1 is already out on wsc.
What can be said now?

Post by 401 »

hmm....maybe Super Met...Nah! I's rather have something I haven't played before...
:ha:
What can be said now?

Post by 186 »

You know, I was thinking. Since Sega now produces games for Nintendo, a port of Sonic 3 or Sonic and Knuckles would be kind of cool. I would also love to see the old megaman games (1-4) be ported in a big multi game pack. I know they are making a compliation of Megaman games for gamecube....

Game I would NOT want to see ported: DigDug 2 or Adventures of Lolo
What can be said now?

Post by 98 »

A game like Sonic is way too erratic and fast-paced to be ported to a handheld with a small screen such as the GBA. But still, it happened.

I dunno what I'd like to see ported, really...
What can be said now?

Post by 46 »

As long as we get an English translation of the probably already ported Mother 1 & 2 I'll be one happy chappie
Way to much posts!

Post by 7 »

it is already ported. they haven't changed either of the games at all though, and the only reason it was ported was because some nintendo exec wanted to play them, but couldn't be bothered to dig out a nes and snes.

i hear there's no hope of it being translated, though.

mother 3 should be sexed, once we get to see some screenshots.
What can be said now?

Post by 186 »

I just noticed that there's a Prince of Persia port....O_o

While not a true port, I do enjoy the fact that both the Final Fantasy Tactics and Ogre Tactics have made appearences on the GBA.

I still think one of the saddest things was the Doom 1 port and the Mortal Kombat port.

And I agree with Herc, the Sonic Advance games were waaaaayyyy too fast for such a small screen....I don't know how, but SEGA managed to pull off putting Sonic on the Game Gear and most of those games were pretty good..

I kind of like the Lufia ports....
What can be said now?

Post by 186 »

I know this isn't GBA related but....remember how I was talking about porting the Megaman games? Well the gamecube anniversary collection comes out this febuary!

Then there are plans for a Megaman X collection (I assume 1-6) Megaman Soccer and another Megaman game (Megaman Chess?) will be released in 1st quater 2004.

Also a Zelda "All Stars" (which will be Zelda 1,2 Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask) will also be coming out on the gamecube!

I think 2004 is going to be the year of kick-ass ports!!
snorby schnorrbusch
newcomer

Post by snorby schnorrbusch »

Holy dogshit, there's a Prince of Persia port!? When did this come out?! I MUST have this!

On topic...

Secret of Mana (never played it), Startropics 1 and 2, the ORIGINAL Metal Gear, Turtles in Time, and maybe Battletoads and Double Dragon.
What can be said now?

Post by 46 »

Damn that sucks. Hopefully someone will translate them and I can just dump 'em on my flashcart. How about Mother 3, are they planning on releasing that in the west?
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

Dsone wrote:I think 2004 is going to be the year of kick-ass ports!!
unfortunately it won't be a year of kickass original games

y'know, ones that take actual TIME and EFFORT to make rather than just port over to a different system

Unless anyone wants to prove me wrong! I'm hardly the greatest authority on the subject.
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Way to much posts!

Post by 7 »

there was only one lufia game for gba, and it wasn't a port. it was a shoddy fourth sequel.
What can be said now?

Post by 267 »

I want ZZT on a small screen... *looks at GBA* but not THAT small.
What can be said now?

@_@

Post by 138 »

Without question there needs to be a True Love Advance.
---
EM