Favorite oldschool console games.

If you want to act like He-Man, grab a sword and stand on the peak of one the mountains in Valua then stick your sword into the sky screaming "I HAVE THE POWER!!".Then get struck by lightning just like He-Man.

Moderator: Commodore

Mooseka
;-*

Favorite oldschool console games.

Post by Mooseka »

Hey. Yeah, list your favorite older games here. Things before 3D graphics and such. Genesis, SNES, NES, etc.

My favorite OLDSCHOOL game is probably Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Other honorable mentions: The rest of the sonic series, Super Mario World, Megaman X, Bubble Bobble, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 3/6
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

nes is uber-oldschool

it's also mostly shit, but there's some good stuff for it like MegaMan, The Adventures of Lolo, Sweet Home, Bad Dudes and the Super Mario games I guess. The first Final Fantasy game was baby poo, and I never played the other two on account of that. Maybe I should, but I probably won't.

SNES; Pocky & Rocky, Chrono Trigger, Tales of Phantasia, Mega Man X, Seiken Densetsu 3, Super Metroid, Yoshi's Island, Asterix and Obelix, Zombies Ate My Neighbors, EarthBound (cue funk saying "erthbound suxorz :(", The Legend of Zelda; A Link to the Past

Mega Drive (as we who are not in America call it); Gunstar Heroes, Dynamite Headdy, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Thunderforce 4, Rocket Knight, Another World, Space Harrier 2 (not as great as the first one, but still good)

And Altered Beast, just for shits and giggles. Also this really horrible game Karrde once sent me called SPIRITUAL WARFARE where you have to convert sinners to Christianity by throwing fruit at them to expel the demons in their minds and occasionally answering simple questions about Jesus (I'm not making that up).

I didn't like Bubble Bobble that much, though I grew up on a steady diet of Rainbow Islands.
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
What can be said now?

Post by 98 »

Ohh man, I remember the day I first played Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt and thought my dad was the MASTER because he beat the first level of Super Mario on his first try. :D

(that was LONG ago, mind you :P)

Anyway...

NES: Super Mario 1-3, Tiny Toon Adventures, Bucky O'Hare, Street Gangs (aka River City Ransom), Faxanadu, Legend of Zelda, MC Kids, Turtles II: the Arcade Game, just about everything Megaman, Contra, Maniac Mansion, and stuff I forgot.

SNES: Super Mario RPG (most enjoyable SNES game ever, imho), Super Mario World, TMNT IV: Turtles in Time, Tiny Toons: Wild & Wacky Sports, Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, Street Fighter (watch me get Sussman's love, LOLLZ), Mario Kart, Legend of Zelda: a Link to the Past, Megaman X, Contra 3, etc.

I never played a lot of SEGA games and I forgot the names of the ones I did play (that was ages ago). I seem to recall something named Wonderboy, which was slightly fun.
What can be said now?

Post by 53 »

River City Ransom.
Zandor 12
What has science done???

Post by Zandor 12 »

Super Mario RPG (most enjoyable SNES game ever, imho)
Damn straight. Also, there's Po-
Pocky & Rocky
Also damn straight. And there's-
Yoshi's Island
-er..., well, nobody mentioned Me-
Mega Man X
...nevermind.

Wait! I've got it! Faceball 2000! That thing was awesome, although why they made the best part, the 75-level Cyberscape, only accessible by a code is beyond me. It's obvious that most of the developement effort was put into Cyberscape, so why the lame arena levels were given the spotlight is currently causing my brain to hurt. Although 75 hidden levels is pretty cool.[/quote]
Reason and logic had led people into the horrors of war; the only route to salvation was to reject logic and embrace anarchy and the irrational.
Mooseka
;-*

Post by Mooseka »

Faceball? It's called FACEBALL?
What can be said now?

Post by 382 »

yes, I remember, it was basically a FPS where you hunted giant yellow smiley faces (then the more difficult geometric designs who also have faces) hence the name FACEball
What can be said now?

Post by 401 »

Megaman X1-3 (Mainly 1), Super Metroid, FF6, Bubble Bobble, ...I can't think of anything else...
What can be said now?

Post by 53 »

Startropics Series
What can be said now?

Post by 401 »

We heard you the first time
Way to much posts!

Post by 7 »

Four companies here.

Microcabin, Telenet (and all it's subdivisions), Falcom, Atlus.
What can be said now?

Post by 267 »

I played faceball on shockwave. sweetness.
What can be said now?

Post by 235 »

zombies ate my neighbors fucking rules. I used to play that game all the time with my friend on his snes. The music is one of the best things about the game.

EDIT WOOPSY DAISY PATTY PAPY AND CLAVY
What can be said now?

Post by 98 »

Microwave -- Zombies Ate My Neighbors kicks ass! I remember playing that with a friend of mine for an entire afternoon a loooong time ago, back in the days we still used to rent video games. I need to get that game off of eBay some day soon.

Also, Shadowgate (NES) kicks ass. Thanks to Moonpie for the suggestion. I got it from the UK eBay for 2 quid, complete with box and booklet. Yay.
TTTPPP
Latest band news: "There are no news!"

Post by TTTPPP »

I never used to have a console when I was young, but I had Dare Devil Dennis and Overdrive for the BBC, which rocked. Later on I got a game gear (when the price dropped) and sonic was amazing (better than sonic 2). Most of my other games for it were pants though.