ZZT Games - Missing in Action

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

Kjorteo
^o.O^

Post by Kjorteo »

I seem to recall an old old ZZT game that my friend had, but the only thing I remember about it is one board. There was a room with a bunch of #char 2 smiley objects piled on top of each other in the lower left corner, and one by himself in the upper right corner. All the ones in the lower left simply said the one line "Larry in the corner farted!" The one in the upper right denied the charge in the most psychotic way imaginable and killed and #endgamed you on the spot.

Based on that, I can imagine this couldn't exactly be the greatest game in the world, but it's something I'm curious about, if for nothing else than to see what on earth the rest of the game was like.
"You're alive," said the maker, and smiled at the aardvark.

<Kjorteo> "yiff"
<gbelo> Wanna yiff.
<Kjorteo> yes
<gbelo> No no no.
What can be said now?

Post by 378 »

There are a couple fo games that I'm looking for that I can't find in the archives here.
One is something like "Search for the Magic Hut" or "Quest for the Magic Hut" or something to that affect. It's a horrible game. It has yellow borders, no plot and is a pain to play. Why am I looking for it? Because it's so bad that my friends and I used it for years as the number one worst game ever. ever. And not just ZZT. Anyway, it's not all that important, but I was looking for it.

The other game is one I actually did quite long ago. The only place I uploaded it to was AOL, because at the time, I think the only ZZT comunities at the time were on Prodigy and AOL. What is even more unfortunate is that I can't really remember the title. The player was a hero named Duke Pitfall, if I remember correctly, and was basically an homage to Clive Cussler (who made a cameo in the game) and his hero, Dirk Pitt.
I think the game was called The Adventures of Duke Pittfall, but again, I can't be sure. To be truthful, I'm not even sure what name I uploaded it under. I would really like to find this as many years ago the computer on which it was on is long gone and the harddrive is probably in a landfill somewhere it's so old.
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

since this thread is being posted in for the first time in a zillion years;

Attack of the Killer Shrooms by Ben Hoag.

GO GET EM PEOPLE
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
dave2
bada da da DUN DUN DUN

Post by dave2 »

I just recently found Dungeons of Dave by Dave2, but it doesn't comply with any of the rules of submission... Should I even bother?
I'm back for more ZZT fun!
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! &lt;3

Post by Dr. Dos »

go for it.

especially if it's pre-1998 because then it was a matter on clicking ADD a lot to upload games rather then actually looking at them.
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

It might still be worth adding. A few games on the First Games page don't meet the size requirement, and they're still in the archive, alongside all the other games. You never know, it might be accepted...
What can be said now?

Void

Post by 822 »

Void, by I don't know who. It's still my favorite game, but I can't find it anywhere. It was the one where you have to get the seven keys to get to the place, there's the green room, and you start in your house and have to leave... anyway, it rocks. It just does. I've been looking for it online for like four hours. Rrg.

PM me if you can find it??? THANKS.[/b]
ghettoflower
viovis

Post by ghettoflower »

hi, i was looking through checking links randomly.. for the games.. and they're missing.. err, i mean, ALL of them are missing.. you can still review them. just wondering. I'm sure you might have some idea.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

-Viovis

I LIKE ELK
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

I realize that this is extreme thread necromancy, but I got this email the other day:
I tried sending this email to mailto:madtom@comic.com which is the email address specified on the First Games page. I got a MAILER_DAEMON error, so I'm just sending this to you since you were the last one to update the site (lucky you!).

I was semi-active in the ZZT world between 1994ish to 1999. By this, I mean I downloaded a lot of games of the AOL download sections and programmed a lot of my own games. However, I only uploaded 1 game (that I know of) called Batmonkey (would have been authored by "Warlock94"). I remember it being terrible, but I have lost my copy and was wondering if you can add it to the MIA list.=0A=0AAlso, I used to archive all of the old ZZT games I would download onto hard discs. I had about 20-30 of these discs. I may have the games that are on the MIA list currently. I'll give it a check! Anything else from that time I should keep my eye open for?

Thanks,
Stan Syckes
So... any games from 1994-1999 that we don't currently have?
Terryn
torpid refresh rates!

Post by Terryn »

I went through some old "mags" and newsletters, and the only two real games I can see referenced and missing here are:

-Mario Bros. by Bill Meeks (the second's on z2)
-Town of Barlog by Rigel Colt, RAG Software (beats me)

Addendum: If he has anything MZX-y, which I have doubts, please direct him towards this thread.
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

there was "attack of the killer shrooms", but i already pre-empted that

if you want to find old aol games, you could do worse than check that aol zip... that's where i found shrooms... too bad playing 99% of the content is like smashing your own skull with a hammer

gingermuffins

Post by gingermuffins »

this guy called he_the_great made a few short games -- I had downloaded a couple of them, but I deleted them later.

The downloads don't work anymore (Warning: Angelfire)

The names of these so-called games, which didn't turn up anything in a few quick searches:

Liverwurst and Roses

Secret Agent of ZZT

The Land of Where?

I have the text file for L&R:

Code: Select all

he_the_great
				 Copyrite 2000
			     "Liverwurst and Roses"

Beta testers: bitman

This was made for a class assignment and follows the story from "Liverwurst and Roses" hence the name I called it. I got an A.

This may be distributed freely.
By: he_the_great
Releast: 1-2-01
Grade: A *** 100%
SEE? IT MAY BE DISTRIBUTED FREELY.

so anyone got these?
gingermuffins

Post by gingermuffins »

HOLY dHIT I FOUND THEM

they come in installer exe's

uploading

edit: wait two of them are already there, ill upload liverwurst though
voighdt
newcomer

Post by voighdt »

well, i must say i was quite impartial to POKEY ZZT 1-4, KWEST, SIERRA, TEDDYDOG and all of the other releases done under red aureole. every single one of these games are forever lost in time (un)fortunately.

http://web.archive.org/web/200012191506 ... reole.html
go there and lemme know if you have any of those games? because you don't. if you did, you deleted them years ago haha
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

p. sure the pokey zzt games are available on geocities, but not for much longer.........................

i might still have teddydog, somewhere

oh also since voighdt is here i also remembered, i get pretty nostalgic for the zzt versions of a bunch of marilyn manson and nine inch nails and danzig shit, seeing as i heard those songs in zzt a few years before hearing them for real