Help a n00b

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

Ceri JC
MMMM baby

Post by Ceri JC »

Commodore wrote:so are you using the player, or an object controlled by the player for the main character?
The latter. For some features, I will be checking the align of the actual player to activate things like lifts. Progress on the game is coming along nicely. Engine is 80% of the way there and level design is about 25% done. Realistic ETA till first version, 2 months. Anyone who would be prepared to beta test, please respond here. I won't be releasing a demo as I know how that usually ends...
:burstroc:
Commodore wrote: horrifying kitten(s)
+1. Thanks for the lovely avatar, Mooseka. I may change it for a picture of my mate's cat with ham on its back at some point in the not too distant future. :meow:
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

don't worryt ceri jc i changed it
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Ceri JC
MMMM baby

Post by Ceri JC »

Zenith Nadir wrote:don't worryt ceri jc i changed it
That looks well 3D, almost like a random dot sterogram. Is your avatar a character from the Moomins?
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

yeah, it's the groke, i like the moomins and the groke is scary, depressing and scandinavian as hell :fvkk:

i don't remember where i got the thing i gave you, it looks like one of fungahhh's acid pictures, it's pretty cool though

Ceri JC
MMMM baby

Post by Ceri JC »

That's the one. He makes the ground freeze where he walks and if he sits somewhere for too long, nothing ever grows there again. Some sinister stuff for kids' books. I love the moomins too. First full length book I read in one day was a Moomin one, when I was about 7. Happy days.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

i will gladly test
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

Ceri JC wrote:That's the one. She makes the ground freeze where she walks and if she sits somewhere for too long, nothing ever grows there again. Some sinister stuff for kids' books. I love the moomins too. First full length book I read in one day was a Moomin one, when I was about 7. Happy days.
sometimes i just can't help myself

i actually only read the moomin books for the first time a couple of christmases ago, although i always liked them in other media. they've aged fantastically and i enjoyed them a lot (i will seriously fight anyone who tries to make fun of me for reading and enjoying the moomin books at age 24)

Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Ceri JC
MMMM baby

Post by Ceri JC »

Zenith Nadir wrote: sometimes i just can't help myself

i actually only read the moomin books for the first time a couple of christmases ago, although i always liked them in other media. they've aged fantastically and i enjoyed them a lot (i will seriously fight anyone who tries to make fun of me for reading and enjoying the moomin books at age 24)
I'd forgotten she was female, but now you mention it, it rings a bell. Ta for correcting me; better to look stupid for a minute than spend a lifetime in ignorance. :)

Cheers for agreeing to Beta test, Commodore.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

just trying to get a rise out of you nadir, but started feeling bad before you were able to reply. <3

am I losing my edge?
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

Commodore wrote:just trying to get a rise out of you nadir, but started feeling bad before you were able to reply. <3

am I losing my edge?
I was born to Murder Commodore

Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

seriously though you should read those books, if you like good things you will like the moomins, if you don't, well, sorry but you don't like good things!

(i wasn't a big fan of "moominpappa's memoirs", though)

Ceri JC
MMMM baby

Post by Ceri JC »

Today's checklist:

1. Emailed parents to dig out Moomin books for me to borrow. - Done
2. Change avatar to mate's cat, Chip. - Done
3. Fire up ZZT and continue work on Minefall - Pending.
Ceri JC
MMMM baby

Post by Ceri JC »

Minefall Update: Work on the engine is nearly complete; having to now be very disciplined not to just launch into full blown level design until last couple of bugs sorted. Commodore on board for beta testing. Slightly ahead of schedule in terms of completion... :D

Moomin Update: Have collected 5 Moomin books from my parents' house. They're even better than I remembered.
RobertP
gore Arnold

Post by RobertP »

If you'd like (and if the game's going to have a lot of boards), I'd be happy to beta-test, too.
My waste is my weapon.