copy & paste in an uncaring world

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

superbowl shuffle
Official Clamp School Defender

copy & paste in an uncaring world

Post by superbowl shuffle »

So hey Reagan children! Remember when there was this great thing called dos and you could alt enter zzt and then copy code from one object and paste it in another. Wasn't that awesome? Well now I have this vista bullshit and dosbox and it isn't quite so straightforward. How are you guys coping with this? Copying and pasting was the hero of zzt programming!
[size=75:lh51rn9h][b:lh51rn9h]When the 5 o'clock whistle blows, so do I.[/b:lh51rn9h]
[/size:lh51rn9h]
RobertP
gore Arnold

Post by RobertP »

To set the dos box up so that cut and paste work properly, click on the Properties button of the window, then on the Misc tab. Make sure that Quick Edit is checked and Fast Pasting isn't. These settings will be remembered next time you run the dos box from that shortcut. Similarly you can set the working directory inside the "Program" tab. The entry %HOME% is valid.

There is also dosclip, 'a resident program that organizes a text clipboard in DOS, allowing you to copy the screen contents to the clipboard in ALL (extended SVGA including) text video modes and to paste from the clipboard to the keyboard buffer in all video modes. DOSCLIP is compatible with the Windows clip-board'.

http://ansis.lv/dosclip/index.en.php

I hope at least one of the suggestions proves to be helpful. Keep on truckin.
My waste is my weapon.
superbowl shuffle

Thanks for that advice. I couldn't figure out how to find the properties menu but then it turns out kevedit has this feature. Who knew?

[size=75:lh51rn9h][b:lh51rn9h]When the 5 o'clock whistle blows, so do I.[/b:lh51rn9h]
InfoSponge
Location: 1. n. a place of settlement, activity, or residence

Post by InfoSponge »

i have that cheap thrills album on vinyl :keen:
superbowl shuffle

I am envious!