I need some help....

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

Armor
newcomer

I need some help....

Post by Armor »

Hello all ive just joined the forums but have played alot of ZZT and know some coding. but i have a problem...i have to keep my game files out in order to play zzt and when i try to save a zzt game and then comeback...its gone!
Help would be much appreciated. :D
clecky
Founder of Scientology

Post by clecky »

Do you have all your ZZT files and ZZT games in the same directory? that might be the problem, if not please elaborate.
Armor
newcomer

Post by Armor »

well.. i have the zzt.zip on my desktop and the files in a folder just above it.
why? do i need to unload the files?

EDIT:And another weird thing is it when i tried to get antoher zzt file, copy it,
wipe all the boards blank, and then save only made the file reset to the original set-up.
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

Hey, welcome!

As clecky said, you need to have everything in the same folder (ZZT.EXE, ZZT.DAT, etc..., all your games and savegames).

This is just a guess, but are you running ZZT from the zip file, using Windows's "make zip files look like folders" feature? If so, you'll probably need to extract the files and then run the extracted ZZT.EXE, instead of running it from the zip file. Just a wild guess at the problem -- don't freak out if this didn't make sense.
Armor
newcomer

Post by Armor »

i dont know what you are reffering to with the folder zip feature. but i have winrar and my ZZT files look like books :D
Armor
newcomer

Post by Armor »

WOOHOO<sry> IT WORKED!
i just needed to extract it! thanks!

EDIT: who put the sucks. under my name >:O
gingermuffins

Post by gingermuffins »

It's automatically assigned to new posters; you can change it on the front page while logged in (the "sucks" hyperlink).

Anyways hi