Zap

Discuss how totally awesome Bang! is here.

Moderator: Terryn

Saxxon
the Gargoyle.

Post by Saxxon »

Tuxedo Fagmuffin wrote:could you add drag+dropping of zzt files into the window to load them?
Sure, I can add that. ZZM and ZZL import options will be in the next release as well - when importing ZZM files, it will automatically add "#cycle 1" and as many "/i" as needed to keep it from overfilling the playback buffer. Export to screenshot and Import from another world may be available, too. Any other suggestions for release 4?
Schroedingers Cat
We must invent teleportation!

Post by Schroedingers Cat »

Can you do this?
Saxxon
the Gargoyle.

Post by Saxxon »

Schrödinger's Cat wrote:Can you do this?
I've seen that video and was considering something similar. Though because I don't have the knowledge to work with such architectures as DirectX/OpenGL, etc... it's not something that'll happen any time soon. Though it is a great concept and I wish Kev would release it in a usable form!
gingermuffins

Post by gingermuffins »

saving under a new name doesn't seem to change the internal world name (ie save from hammer.ZZT to traingle.ZZT and the internal name is still hammer)

I was going to ask if you could make the mouse-drawing not skip if you go too quickly, sort of like the pencil tool in MSPaint, but I take it back and I think it's okay as it is.

maybe PGUP and PGDN could cycle through boards like in kevedit

(hahaha or alt+ arrow key could take you to the board linked in that direction)

export all boards as .brd files or screenshots?

this is cool. I've been using it for my project to touch up art boards. Thanks saxxonpike, YOU WILL BE THANKED AND HANDSHAKED IN THE SECRET CREDIT SCREEN WITH YELLOW BORDERS
Saxxon
the Gargoyle.

Post by Saxxon »

saving under a new name doesn't seem to change the internal world name (ie save from hammer.ZZT to traingle.ZZT and the internal name is still hammer)
It won't. You'll have to change it using SHIFT+I to get into the world information window. Perhaps this could be optional via the config file in the future.
maybe PGUP and PGDN could cycle through boards like in kevedit
(hahaha or alt+ arrow key could take you to the board linked in that direction)
Both are quite possible. I think they're actually decent additions :)
export all boards as .brd files or screenshots?
That could be added to the Transfer menu.
this is cool. I've been using it for my project to touch up art boards. Thanks saxxonpike, YOU WILL BE THANKED AND HANDSHAKED IN THE SECRET CREDIT SCREEN WITH YELLOW BORDERS
:agh:
Smilymzx
I hope she made lotsa spaghetti!

Upal support

Post by Smilymzx »

Saxxon: Can you please add UPAL (In Z2 as ZZT Custom Palette) palette editing support?

Also: Can you add MZX *.PAL <---> ZZT *.PLD conversion if possible too?
Saxxon
the Gargoyle.

Post by Saxxon »

http://saxxonpike.googlepages.com/ZAP-0004.zip

* Export to BMP now added under the Transfer menu.
* Added an Optimize menu to the palette. Currently there's only one optimization technique which involves unifying the color of all the empty blocks in the game world (so that RLE can work its magic a little better). You won't want to use this if you use any special tricks that involve colored empties. I was able to shave about 4k off TOWN.ZZT using this.
* Added drag & drop functionality. You may now drag and drop ZZT/SAV/BRD/ZZM/ZZL files.
* Added the About dialog.
* Added code library support. ZZM and ZZL libraries can be loaded either by drag & drop or by loading them through the object code edit window. ZZM files will also automatically add in as many "/i" as needed to keep the music smooth for playback.
* Functions that can be done without shift/ctrl/alt now only work when none of these buttons are pressed. So using ctrl-x won't trigger the flood fill, etc.
* Page up and page down flip through the boards in order. Alt-arrow keys allow you to flip through boards as they are linked. For example, alt-up would go to the board that is linked to the north.
* There's a confirmation window when you attempt to load another world without saving changes.
* Fixed a bug in the palette where the stat checkbox would not change when you selected elements from the customizable element bar.
* When selecting elements using the palette's drop down box, the Stat checkbox will automatically change as necessary.
* You can now use Z to clear the board properly.
* Pressing tilde (key next to 1) will refresh the board if needed. This shouldn't be necessary, but it was in the original editor. So I've added it just in case.
* Spinning guns are now animated. All animated tiles should now animate exactly as you see them in ZZT, down to the timing.

Enjoy :)
Last edited by Saxxon on Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saxxon
the Gargoyle.

Re: Upal support

Post by Saxxon »

Smilymzx wrote:Saxxon: Can you please add UPAL (In Z2 as ZZT Custom Palette) palette editing support?

Also: Can you add MZX *.PAL <---> ZZT *.PLD conversion if possible too?
PLD? Never heard of it. Do you have an example file handy? As for the custom palettes, I'll check it out. The GDI system I use is actually palette-driven, so it'll fit in seamlessly.
Schroedingers Cat

Awesome.

Could you perhaps include an option to integrate the toolbar into the main window?

Pushers default facing south. You can edit the stats individually, but this is rather time consuming when you want to place five pushers facing east and five facing west (LIKE ALLIGATOR TEATH OR SOMETHING/) Maybe a fix in version 5?
Saxxon
the Gargoyle.

Post by Saxxon »

Schrödinger's Cat wrote:Awesome.

Could you perhaps include an option to integrate the toolbar into the main window?

Pushers default facing south. You can edit the stats individually, but this is rather time consuming when you want to place five pushers facing east and five facing west (LIKE ALLIGATOR TEATH OR SOMETHING/) Maybe a fix in version 5?
I suppose. But for now, you'll have to place one pusher, edit stats to get it to face one way, place the rest of those - because once you edit one pusher, that pusher's stats are copied to your buffer. Then when you're done with those, you place another pusher, edit stats for the other direction, then place the other 4. Also, they don't really default facing south... in fact, they don't even have a direction :) But I suppose if you select an element using F1, etc... the edit stats option could automatically show.
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

:rabite:
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Schroedingers Cat

:rabite:
Saxxon
the Gargoyle.

Post by Saxxon »

http://saxxonpike.googlepages.com/ZAP-0004b.zip

* The toolbar has been integrated into the main window.

EDIT:
http://saxxonpike.googlepages.com/ZAP-0004c.zip

* When placing anything on the board that requires stats, the edit stats window will automatically come up when placing it the first time only. Then those stats will be stored in the buffer. You can still edit them using the right-click menu.
* Other random optimizations, of course.
Schroedingers Cat

Excellent work.

The pushers are still a little buggy. When you first place a pusher, the stat menu appears. However, the subsequent placement of pushers produces statless pushers, and pushers selected in the tile buffer don't have stats either.

Here's a possible idea: The little box with yellow objects labeled "Shortcuts" could change colors to reflect the colors selected. That way you can tell the different between white water with a blue background or blue water with a dark white background.

I don't know how you managed to do so much in such a small amount of time. Keep up the good work.
Saxxon
the Gargoyle.

Post by Saxxon »

Schrödinger's Cat wrote:Excellent work.

The pushers are still a little buggy. When you first place a pusher, the stat menu appears. However, the subsequent placement of pushers produces statless pushers, and pushers selected in the tile buffer don't have stats either.

Here's a possible idea: The little box with yellow objects labeled "Shortcuts" could change colors to reflect the colors selected. That way you can tell the different between white water with a blue background or blue water with a dark white background.

I don't know how you managed to do so much in such a small amount of time. Keep up the good work.
http://saxxonpike.googlepages.com/ZAP-0004d.zip

* Fixed stat object placement. It should now be working as originally intended.
* Added an object counter below the color palette.
* Fixed up/down pusher graphics (they were swapped)
* Shortcuts now display using the selected color.

Thanks for the encouragement and feature suggestions. :)