Book Reading Shit

You're a bunch of Philistines really, aren't you?

Moderator: superbowl shuffle

Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

this week i are mostly been reading finder by carla speed mcneil, after lucking out on finding the first four books in the series

i say "lucking out" not necessarily because i got them cheap, but because they're self-published and kind of hard to find for anything less than full price

it professes to be "aboriginal sci-fi", which is a pretty cool description. it centres around jaeger, a sin-eater (think "professional scapegoat") with a severe case of wanderlust, and how he protects emma (his sometime girlfriend, when he's in the area) and her children from her crazy ex-con husband, for the first arc, but it expands further with every storyline, exploring the full possibilities of the universe speed mcneil constructed for it (and very well constructed it is too).

anyway if you follow the link there's some full issue scans up you can view for free under the "reader's copies" bar. it's a good read and i recommend it. and i'm definitely going to locate a copy of "dream sequence" sometime!
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

I finished gatsby
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
nuero
███▄ ▀█ââ€

Post by nuero »

I read the Godfather.

I'm reading Brave New World.
FSFunky
Fergalicious

Post by FSFunky »

I'm rereading Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.
Flimsy
wacky morning DJ

Post by Flimsy »

Last edited by Flimsy on Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
It seems unlikely that this deeply unsatisfactory situation will be resolved by a new attempt to answer the old question; instead, as has been suggested by some of the most thoughtful students, we should expect to find that some part of the conceptual landscape in which this problematic entity resides must be reconstructed before it will come into focus.
http://yahoo.com/
*shuggles*

Post by http://yahoo.com/ »

Dr. Dos wrote:I'm on the last chapter of The Great Gatsby for my summer reading shit.

It only now picked up and has a plot.

There's LYING and CAR ACCIDENTS and INTERRACIAL MARRIAGE and $1.20 TO FILL UP A TANK OF GAS
I thought you said interracial card accidents and I was like :agh: :agh: :agh: :agh: :agh: :agh: :agh: :agh:
this is a deep and meaningful quote
Flimsy
wacky morning DJ

Post by Flimsy »

It seems unlikely that this deeply unsatisfactory situation will be resolved by a new attempt to answer the old question; instead, as has been suggested by some of the most thoughtful students, we should expect to find that some part of the conceptual landscape in which this problematic entity resides must be reconstructed before it will come into focus.
Lancer-X
doesn't care about black people or the internets

Post by Lancer-X »

Zephyr
aaaa my capilaries

Post by Zephyr »

I'm reading The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy right now; I found a hardbound collection of the trilogy for just 14 American dollars!
Ando
2SEXY4U
2SEXY4U

Post by Ando »

I think that I've mentioned this before, but I only read, like, one book per year. If even that much. It's sad really :(

But anyways my favorite authors are Banana Yoshimoto and Miri Yu.
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

so lately i've been READING SCOTT PILGRIM. this is a comic book by bryan lee o'malley and it is awesome. http://scottpilgrim.com

it is a comic about scott pilgrim. he's 23 years old, "between jobs" and plays in a punk rock band called "sex bom-omb". they're not very good. he lives in a one-room apartment with his gay flatmate wallace (he's basically mooching off the guy, they sleep in the same bed but it's strictly a functional thing) and is dating a high school girl who reminds me of chibilain called KNIVES CHAU until he meets the rollerskating amazon.ca delivery girl, ramona flowers, and falls in love with her- but as well as having to ditch knives, he also has to defeat ramona's seven evil ex-boyfriends! fortunately scott is the greatest fighter in vancouver (despite being a tremendous dumbass). but can he win??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

i think dr dos would like it. it makes homage to river city ransom and clash at demonhead among other things. dos click the link please it's for your own good! there are previews! i promise! everyone else look too but especially dos

here is a review if you are not convinced, it is pretty good despite being at ign http://comics.ign.com/articles/662/662147p1.html

and here's a wikipedia link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Pilgrim

book 3 is scheduled for release later this month. apparently it has save points. i for one can't wait.
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

this does seem awesome.
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
http://yahoo.com/
*shuggles*

Post by http://yahoo.com/ »

I finished One Hundred Years of Solitude recently! Incest abounds! And everyone is either named Jose Arcadio or Aureliano! I'm not kidding! The family tree has a node labelled "17 Aurelianos"!
this is a deep and meaningful quote
nps
so kawaii! so cute!

Post by nps »

I pretty much never read ever. AND YOU CAN'T MAKE ME. I really should though but I'm just so busy with

YOU CAN'T MAKE ME
Kjorteo
^o.O^

Post by Kjorteo »

I just finished the Ghatti's Tale series by Gayle Greeno, which I highly recommend to the SF/Fantasy (mostly Fantasy) crowd due to awesomeness. Now I'm working on the first Ghatten's Gambit book, which is basically "16 years later" and then another whole series.
"You're alive," said the maker, and smiled at the aardvark.

<Kjorteo> "yiff"
<gbelo> Wanna yiff.
<Kjorteo> yes
<gbelo> No no no.