HL2=great, STEAM=NOT great

In your adventures through the Town of ZZT, you have been captured by the evil Dungeon Guards. Not recognizing you as the great escape artist you are, the guards have thrown you in the Dungeons of ZZT.

Moderator: zamros

What can be said now?

HL2=great, STEAM=NOT great

Post by 772 »

Ill be short and sweet, Half-Life 2 is one of the best first person shooters I have played, with one major problem...

STEAM!!!!111one!!!

IN ORDER TO PLAY THE GAME YOU MUST BE LOGGED ON TO THE BUGGYEST PROGRAM EVER MADE!

YES I SAID BUGGYEST!

Other than that HL2 has lived up to my expectations, and I cant wait to get all the great mods that are sure to come.

For the people who dont care about spoilers:

Ravenholm=Rez evil+every time a headcrab has scared you in HL1+gravity gun+saw blade*1000

Nova Prospect=Starship troopers in the bugs prospective+fire fights of doom+turning the tides of battle by using the enemys own sentry turrets

And thats all I have to say.

END SPOLIERS
nuero
███▄ ▀█ââ€

Post by nuero »

typing a bunch of 1's and one a bunch of times after exclamation points sure is funny a few times in 1998.
Zack: Preppy, charming and totally gorgeous! Zach is a schemer who would rather stay up all night figuring how to get out of an exam than studying for it!

Slater: The All-American athlete with dimples to die for! Captain of Bayside's football team, Slater is a chauvinist who -- believe it or not -- has an emotional side. What a combo!

Screech: Class clown and electronic genius! When Screech turns on the power, the fun never stops!
http://yahoo.com/
*shuggles*

Post by http://yahoo.com/ »

GODDAMMIT WHY CAN PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ONLY NEED TO BE CONNECTED TO STEAM WHEN YOU INSTALL THE GAME ONCE AND THEN YOU CAN PLAY OFFLINE WHENEVER THE FUCK YOU WANT

SHUT UP YOU WHINY SONS OF BITCHES I SWEAR NOBODY ON THE INTERNET CAN READ except fsfunky because he didn't complain to me once <3

in other words quite yer whinin', half-life 2 was one of the hardest games to pirate properly because of valve's excellent plan, and why is it such a big deal that you have to register with steam once when you get the game?

frustration relieved we will now return to your regularly scheduled broadcast.
this is a deep and meaningful quote
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

So how 'bout those Coveners?
FSFunky
Fergalicious

Post by FSFunky »

Hello :)

K_Jax you seem to be lost.

Besides what Revvy said (which I wholeheartedly agree with), what exactly is buggy about Steam? Do you even know what buggy means (besides the thing you ride in that one chapter OMG SPOILER)?

I'm beginning to think we should have a retard-clause or something so that you can be banned for extreme retardedness.

It is that I'm very tired and about to go to bed or otherwise I would fill this post with even more hatred toward K_Jax and heaps upon heaps love for Half-Life 2. But I'm tired and about to go to bed.

I LEAVE YOU WITH ANGST INCARNATE

:vedick:
FUNKY DEFINITION: MAKE THEM BOYS GO LOCO
nuero
███▄ ▀█ââ€

Post by nuero »

ANGST!!!!!!!!!111ONEONEONE11!!onE!!!1
Zack: Preppy, charming and totally gorgeous! Zach is a schemer who would rather stay up all night figuring how to get out of an exam than studying for it!

Slater: The All-American athlete with dimples to die for! Captain of Bayside's football team, Slater is a chauvinist who -- believe it or not -- has an emotional side. What a combo!

Screech: Class clown and electronic genius! When Screech turns on the power, the fun never stops!
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

steam should be reprogrammed in MACHINE CODE!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111one1111
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
nuero
███▄ ▀█ââ€

Post by nuero »

steam should be reprogrammed in ZZTOP!!!!!111ONEONEON11ONEONE11!!! LOL!!!!!!ONEONEON!1OENEON1o3r34

superbowl shuffle
Official Clamp School Defender

Post by superbowl shuffle »

what is half-life 2
[size=75:lh51rn9h][b:lh51rn9h]When the 5 o'clock whistle blows, so do I.[/b:lh51rn9h]
[/size:lh51rn9h]
http://yahoo.com/
*shuggles*

Post by http://yahoo.com/ »

a whole life
this is a deep and meaningful quote
What can be said now?

Post by 772 »

Revvy wrote:GODDAMMIT WHY CAN PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ONLY NEED TO BE CONNECTED TO STEAM WHEN YOU INSTALL THE GAME ONCE AND THEN YOU CAN PLAY OFFLINE WHENEVER THE FUCK YOU WANT
WRONG

YOU MUST BE LOGGED IN EVERY TIME YOU WANT TO PLAY!

EVERY TIME!

Sorry if I overexaderated(sp?), but I have only played the game twice this week, and the second time for a few hours because I knew it would be the last time in awhile.

I spent 5 hours (NOT exadurating) trying to fix steam.
EVERY tech forum, E-Mail, and live chat, and no help....
Last edited by 772 on Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! &lt;3

Post by Dr. Dos »

Well don't you worry!

We here at z2 will solve this program as we do not want our cutstomers to be unhappy with our newest title Half-Life 2.

A team of programming experts is developing a patch AS WE SPEAK.
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
nuero
███▄ ▀█ââ€

Post by nuero »

K_Jax wrote: WRONG

YOU MUST BE LOGGED IN EVERY TIME YOU WANT TO PLAY!

EVERY TIME!
i'm going to trust people more that can spell exaggerate.

What can be said now?

Post by 772 »

Look, I am sorry my grammer and spelling is not the best, but trust me, you have to log into steam if you want to play. IT is possible to play offline, but only AFTER logging in, and I know, I have tried.
nuero
███▄ ▀█ââ€

Post by nuero »

overexaderate a little more, k_jax!