A ZZT Christmas Carol

Housing for low income families.

Moderators: nuero, Ando

Furry Jesus Freak
What can be said now?

A ZZT Christmas Carol

Post by Furry Jesus Freak »

Exactly what it sounds like: a ZZT version of A Christmas Carol. I was hoping this could be a nice community game, like in years past. Anyone interested? I've got a few preliminary casts here:

[00:19] <Jazzy> iN THE MIDDLE OF ENGLISH I GOT A COOL IDEA: MAKE A COMMUNITY GAME THAT IS A ZZT VERSION OF CHRISTMAS CAROL! NADIR=SCROOGE; ANDO=LITTLE CRIPPLE DUDE; ZANDOR=THE 2nd GHOST; VIoVIS= THIRD GHOST; DEVELIN=FIRST GHOST; DR DOS=TINY TIM's DAD. SO FAR. WADDYA THINK?
[00:19] <Zandor> SOUNDS COOL
[00:19] <Zandor> BUT VIOVIS HAS TOO MUCH CHARACTER TO BE THE WORDLESS MAN OF DEATH
[00:20] <Zandor> Unless you intentionally meant that for the sake of humor, like defying people's expectations of what the third ghost should be
[00:20] <Zandor> Although if you do change things around, Viovis would be better as the 1st or 2nd ghost

Tell me what you think!
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! &lt;3

Post by Dr. Dos »

I didn't notice you chose Nadir for Scrooge

because that is EXACTLY what I was going to say.

Also MadTom needs to be one of those guys who ask Scrooge to give some cash for charity.

Kracken must be the girl Scrooge nearly married. Since you don't know Kracken (and I really don't either) I suggest you make her nadir without the dick.

And I will gladly be in your game.
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
nuero
███▄ ▀█ââ€

Post by nuero »

i want to be in it please
Zack: Preppy, charming and totally gorgeous! Zach is a schemer who would rather stay up all night figuring how to get out of an exam than studying for it!

Slater: The All-American athlete with dimples to die for! Captain of Bayside's football team, Slater is a chauvinist who -- believe it or not -- has an emotional side. What a combo!

Screech: Class clown and electronic genius! When Screech turns on the power, the fun never stops!
ghettoflower
viovis

Post by ghettoflower »

I'm not too big on community-based games. Stll think it's a trend that gives the games wear and tear over time, and I regret any integratedness I put in my games sometimes, but... well, I dunno, I was working on one this one time, it depends I like em sometimes.. Like for instance I didn't completely like all 9 of the Los Refritos series but for some reason really liked GChucky's 24hoZZT summer entry that was basically the same thing. Something about that one was more special. Things didn't make much sense back then but not like they do now. Oops, a little ellaboration thre off subject, so.. back to it:

You know what? you can't inaccurately represent me if all I'm doing is pointing, so please by all means keep it the way it is. I don't know if Zandor's that jolly to be a second ghost, actually that sounds good too. But if I was in the future ghost, I want a cloak that changes colours though and does the colour changer loop, you know, the flow. If not that, I at least want demons in my stomach that are totally chillin. Totally chillin.

Make Nuero Old Man Marley, cuz Old Man Marley rules and he has those cool chains. Also, uhh, Microwave if you were to include him, he'd have to be someone way awesome like Fuzziwig, the hoster of the craziest party ultimate flashback. Uhh, yeah, the only representation of true trippiness in caros was Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol. He had the coins go ringle and tingle song and it was Jim Backus, for cryin out loud. Jim Backus is one of the world's great voice actors. The millionaire in Gilligan's Island, man. Scrooged was kinda trippy too, but something about the coins that go Ringle and Tingle and the Rasleberry Dressing song. Actually, I also liked Muppet Christmas Carol because that kermit/ms. piggy relationship is more disturbing, but they show it vaguely. Also the character selection was perfected.

So yeah, Jim Backus, Bill Murray, and Jim Henson.. They accomplished that crazy horse sense. I dunno, I say take about a few more days to come up with finished plans and work on it, it sounds good. I favor christmas ZZT programs, that way I've got more uhh, xmas programs to play, like Insane Inc Xmas, Merry Fuckin Christmas by ibuki (though a lil too short for me), Community Christmas, Exil Christmas, The Commodore 64 demo, Jmstuckman's Xmas game, And that Smiley Christmas Expansion Pack (yes, other than theme, almost nothing to do with Christmas, like Christmas Jazz Jackrabbit). I'm a believer that stuff in the holiday season needs to be released with that theme, as that Lemmings XMas demo will be remembered, etc, and I look forward to this on the list of Christmas themey games to play, because that's what they're meant for, to play on christmas.

Oh yeah, music. I'd be glad to make you about 2 or 3 songs but they must be included. After that I expect an alpha or some screenshots. I gotta know if you're dedicated, etc. Then we exchange the secret hifi integrated with the secret handshake and it's set. All I've been doing recently is ZZT tunes, so I'm just kinda honing that skill up. Later

-Viovivs

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I LIKE ELK
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

zzo38 should be tiny tim
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
superbowl shuffle
Official Clamp School Defender

Post by superbowl shuffle »

Will this be finished in time for the holiday season?
[size=75:lh51rn9h][b:lh51rn9h]When the 5 o'clock whistle blows, so do I.[/b:lh51rn9h]
[/size:lh51rn9h]
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

Viovis should be the Past ghost because he reminds me of the good old days.
What can be said now?

i wanted to post....but had nothing to say

Post by 676 »

veeeerrrry interesting.......
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

you could have changed the world with that first post

instead you chose to waste it on a two word reply

i hope you're satisfied with yourself
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Stak
Watching you post

Post by Stak »

Milhouse wrote:ANDO=LITTLE CRIPPLE DUDE
Yes

Ando has to be Tiny Tim

He can be a cripple and an autistic, the best combination ever

Also I demand to be in this game
Kjorteo
^o.O^

Post by Kjorteo »

Do I get to be in this game?

I could be Fezziwig because according to the Mr. Magoo Christmas Carol which I know is totally infallable, he's completely eccentric and goofy and I think I could do that
"You're alive," said the maker, and smiled at the aardvark.

<Kjorteo> "yiff"
<gbelo> Wanna yiff.
<Kjorteo> yes
<gbelo> No no no.
ghettoflower
viovis

Post by ghettoflower »

you fit a more worded role of the nephew... THAT guy was crazy.. he's like HAVE A WREATH. HEck, TAKE ANOTHER.. HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS.. DO YOU WANT ANOTHER WREATH? you'd be set on that one.
http://yahoo.com/
*shuggles*

Post by http://yahoo.com/ »

I totally agree with Nadir, zzo38 would be the best tiny tim ever. Don't argue with me, fuck ando.

And I want in, even if it's as a gravestone or something ;_;
this is a deep and meaningful quote
Furry Jesus Freak
What can be said now?

Post by Furry Jesus Freak »

I'm suprised this was recieved so well! I'll take all of your suggestions to heart. As for timing, I can only try my hardest! Viovis, I'd be delighted if you'd make music or me. Do not worry, all of them will make it in SOMEWHERE in there! I will add anyone I can in any concievable way, EVEN IF IT'S ON A GRAVESTONE. Any more reccomendations? I'll gladly hear them! =) Stak, I'll be the narrator, and since you're so speshul, I'll have you as a co-narrator, like in the Muppet one. ^_^
clecky
Founder of Scientology

Post by clecky »

add me in, yo! :safe:
"Reefer makes darkies think they're as good as white men." Harry J. Anslinger, 1929