The Lost Soul Gems - Aqueral

Housing for low income families.

Moderators: nuero, Ando

What can be said now?

The Lost Soul Gems - Aqueral

Post by 822 »

I'm Aqueral in the ZZT world, and if you don't already know it yet, I haven't ever released anying before. I had worked on something with a friend, ChuckManiac, for about 6 weeks called Invasion, but then it got too big, when I tried to run it it got corrupted, and was lost forever.

I'm now working on a new game called The Lost Soul Gems were the gods of your world are unable to maintain normality in the world because evils have stolen their souls. There's this crazy treaty and alignment... anyway, it's a pretty complicated yet easy-to-understand storyline, and I'm not using STK, just Kevedit.

Each time you get a soul gem of one of the five gods, part of the barrier to the oracle of knowledge disappears (that was placed there because of chaos, of course. Anyway it rocks.

I even used Edgeofboard in Kevedit to make something possible. It's really awesome, and I"m spending a lot of time on the graphics so they aren't cheesy.

By Cheesy I mean both "no yellow borders" and no "interactive fantasies" texturizing. I don't know there's any syndromes in it.

Well I'm awesome. Look for release in about 2 or 3 weeks.

A QUICK EDIT NOTE :

Everybody is saying that ZZT games are supposed to be dumb and pointless and it's all like get the purple trousers.

WHAT ABOUT THE TOWN OF ZZT? My game is in now way different! Just instead of get the purple keys, it's get the 5 soul gems. I just want a high-quality (but this time with STK) game.

PS I'm not putting in like impossiblely long mazes with centipedes or anything for 40 boards.

PS Has anybody found Void yet?
Last edited by 822 on Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
superbowl shuffle
Official Clamp School Defender

Post by superbowl shuffle »

Well that was a bit too long, but I skimmed through it anyway and it looks okay. So I give you permission to make it, just make sure I'm in the credits.
[size=75:lh51rn9h][b:lh51rn9h]When the 5 o'clock whistle blows, so do I.[/b:lh51rn9h]
[/size:lh51rn9h]
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

Sounds good.
Micah
Ordinery

Post by Micah »

That's way too complex for ZZT.
ZZT games are sposed to be like "KILL THE BADDENS".

I'm Rick James Bitch.
hay sxy ladie!
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

No, they are more like "Fetch me the golden saxophone! Oh, but you cannot obtain the golden saxophone until you fetch a bucket for the owner of the golden saxophone! Oh, but you cannot obtain a bucket until you fetch a pair of purple trousers for the owner of the bucket! Oh, but you cannot obtain a pair of purple trousers until you KILL FIVE HUNDRED LIONS!"
Micah
Ordinery

Post by Micah »

I feel the same way when I play any Zelda game...
hay sxy ladie!