My First Zzt Project Chrono Tower

In your adventures through the Town of ZZT, you have been captured by the evil Dungeon Guards. Not recognizing you as the great escape artist you are, the guards have thrown you in the Dungeons of ZZT.

Moderator: zamros

What can be said now?

My First Zzt Project Chrono Tower

Post by 830 »

this may be my first project but I think it is shaping up pretty well. It is currently 55K but is only about 20% complete. It is about a dude who travels through time to save the world from a horrible future and Involves a large amount of story line (2 hours of typing so far). One thing you will probably notice if you were to play it is the evolution of my skills with Zzt in each room I give myself a new challenge of try different codes and the further you get into the game the more programmed the game will get. For example my title screen has absolutly nothing special about it at all but I knew nothing at that point. This game will include many mini quests and 100% freedom in terms of the order you wish to progress through the game for example there are 6 main levels which you can go to in any order you like. It only the final 7 level the must always come last. But overall I think it has an extensive amount of freedom. The game also includes alot of historical evidence and explanation allowing the player to get really immersed in the story. Anyway I bet you can't wait to play it now. I will post updates on it's progress later on
nuero
███▄ ▀█ââ€

Post by nuero »

tl;dr

I'm just going to assume you're converting Chrono Chross and Chrono Trigger into one game for ZZT!

That's a fucking awful idea.
Zack: Preppy, charming and totally gorgeous! Zach is a schemer who would rather stay up all night figuring how to get out of an exam than studying for it!

Slater: The All-American athlete with dimples to die for! Captain of Bayside's football team, Slater is a chauvinist who -- believe it or not -- has an emotional side. What a combo!

Screech: Class clown and electronic genius! When Screech turns on the power, the fun never stops!
Alexis Janson
wacky morning DJ

Post by Alexis Janson »

nuero wrote:tl;dr
What can be said now?

Post by 810 »

ah haha HAHAHAHA.

don't do that

HA.
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

Just so you know, Setzertrancer, this kind of behavior occurs frequently here, so don't take any of it too personally.

Also, do you need anyone to test the alpha version of the game?
nuero
███▄ ▀█ââ€

Post by nuero »

Three years down the road...

<zamros> Quantum P. is a faggot
<QuantumP> <:(
Zack: Preppy, charming and totally gorgeous! Zach is a schemer who would rather stay up all night figuring how to get out of an exam than studying for it!

Slater: The All-American athlete with dimples to die for! Captain of Bayside's football team, Slater is a chauvinist who -- believe it or not -- has an emotional side. What a combo!

Screech: Class clown and electronic genius! When Screech turns on the power, the fun never stops!
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

i'll test the gamma version of Chrono Wars 14
FSFunky
Fergalicious

Post by FSFunky »

While it would be the cool "in-thing" (and obviously expected of me) to go "LOL CHRONO TRIGGER ZZT", I will not, partially because I slightly want to get on quantum's good side :(, and because I'm intrigued by one statement of yours.
Setzertrancer wrote: This game will include many mini quests and 100% freedom in terms of the order you wish to progress through the game for example there are 6 main levels which you can go to in any order you like.
How do you intend to do this? Is it going to be like Gem Hunter 3 where you select your level and then complete it to go back a level selection screen? Or something more fluid?

Really, I'm a big advocate of non-linearity, so if you have any ideas on this I would love to hear them.

Or you could be another ambitious newbie who will never complete a game.

I honestly don't know.
FUNKY DEFINITION: MAKE THEM BOYS GO LOCO
superbowl shuffle
Official Clamp School Defender

Post by superbowl shuffle »

Hey guyz, remember when Scorch was trying to convince people he wasn't ripping off Chrono Wars? He was like, 'So what then, should I call it Chrono Chaos or Time Wars?'

Fuck that's a lot of capital letters.
[size=75:lh51rn9h][b:lh51rn9h]When the 5 o'clock whistle blows, so do I.[/b:lh51rn9h]
[/size:lh51rn9h]
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

Call it Time Chaos.
What can be said now?

Post by 830 »

Time travel is a fun thing to make a game about so wheter i'm ripping it off or not I don't really care as i'm am having fun making the game. If I were to make a game on something on something I wasn't so interested in then I probably would be an ambitious newbie that never completes a game. Hopefully that dosn't happen but I warn you that happens alot for me. for example I'm also an ambitious writer but as you would guess I've never completed a novel in fact i've never completed more then a few chapters. So you can possibly expect the game to never be completed, but hopefully I can't break that habbit this time.

In referance to what Fsfunky said asking how I intend to have 100% freedom, I was most likely overexaggerating all it will be is you can enter the 6 level in any order and then you must do the final level last so sorry about that the other thing I did to try and create freedom is options eg. Noncompulory keys and collection of other items that help but are not needed.

Finally Quantum P. what do you mean by do I need anyone to test an alpha version of the game, does it mean to test an early version or Demo?
that's the impression I get but any I do have someone that could test it for me but he may be a bit too interested in modern graphics to be able to play it so yeah I MAY need a test subject.

Edit: By the way what's the deal with the quality of posters here alot of you seem to post just for the sake of posting It's kind of annoying. Just a little.
nuero
███▄ ▀█ââ€

Post by nuero »

hi i'm setzertablet i regulate the internet

snorby schnorrbusch
newcomer

Post by snorby schnorrbusch »

Setzer: I'll be more than happy to test a demo version. From what you posted about the game, I think what you're aiming for is a Mega Man/Gem Hunter 3 style (choosing six levels to do in any order, then the La Finale Not-So-Grande.)

And from one writer to another: KEEP AT IT. If you're in high school, show your chapter(s) to your English teacher. If you're in college, show 'em to an English professor- showing Gene my chapters is what got me to get my ass down and work on my book.
Flimsy
wacky morning DJ

Post by Flimsy »

It seems unlikely that this deeply unsatisfactory situation will be resolved by a new attempt to answer the old question; instead, as has been suggested by some of the most thoughtful students, we should expect to find that some part of the conceptual landscape in which this problematic entity resides must be reconstructed before it will come into focus.
What can be said now?

Post by 830 »

Thanks sn0rb finnally someone in this forum is being human.