"Police Brutality"

Housing for low income families.

Moderators: nuero, Ando

Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

"Police Brutality"

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

Investigate the dark side of law enforcement in this riveting game that puts you into the role of one noble Freedom Fighter, out to avenge the wrongs that some policeman wronged him with. Can he (you) save his (your) beloved girlfriend and beloved sword in time to stop MASTER POLICEMAN (the big boss of the game)? Of course you can! It's ZZT! It's easy! load those saves 'n' edit those boards

:superbaron:

I've already thought up a couple of boards for this! One of them is a cinema (film (movie (motion picture??))).

:baron:

Stay tuned for the sequel (of which one board may or may not have been thought up): Police Brutality 2: Going Postal! It is a little bit like Police Brutality 1, but with a postman instead of a policeman. Or is it a postWOMAN??! ^_^ O_O ^_^ You will never find out, but you will wish you will!
dave2
bada da da DUN DUN DUN

Post by dave2 »

sounds like a winner! :dudes: :fsfunky: :icannotcontrol: :prezbw: :*:
I'm back for more ZZT fun!
superbowl shuffle
Official Clamp School Defender

Re: "Police Brutality"

Post by superbowl shuffle »

Ryan Ferneau wrote:Can he (you) save his (your) beloved girlfriend and beloved sword in time to stop MASTER POLICEMAN (the big boss of the game)? Of course you can! It's ZZT! It's easy! load those saves 'n' edit those boards uhh yeah there was probably some kind of punctuation here but I think I deleted it srry -oof
I just realized that if I ever get stuck in a zzt game I just quit playing. I can't imagine taking the effort to edit boards.
[size=75:lh51rn9h][b:lh51rn9h]When the 5 o'clock whistle blows, so do I.[/b:lh51rn9h]
[/size:lh51rn9h]
MadTom
<:D

Post by MadTom »

The thing about Ryan is that he's so weird that it's impossible for me to tell when he's actually being serious.
superbowl shuffle
Official Clamp School Defender

Post by superbowl shuffle »

POST SANDWICH
[size=75:lh51rn9h][b:lh51rn9h]When the 5 o'clock whistle blows, so do I.[/b:lh51rn9h]
[/size:lh51rn9h]
MadTom
<:D

Post by MadTom »

EXTRA CHEESE
nps
so kawaii! so cute!

Post by nps »

MadTom is an employee of the McDonalds Corporation. It is his job to take orders and advise the chefs of the restaurant if the customers wish to have extra cheese on their burgers.

:prezbw:
Micah
Ordinery

Post by Micah »

THOSE POLICE BEAT ME WITH THEIR MIGHTSTICKS.

I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE.
hay sxy ladie!
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

MadTom wrote:The thing about Ryan is that he's so weird that it's impossible for me to tell when he's actually being serious.
That's just it. The idea is so weird that I can't decide if I'm going to be able to actually make the game. I hope I do, though.
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

So while I try to figure out how to continue from the second board, here's a fun character list:

Freedom T. Fighter
You play as this guy. He's not the same Fighter as the Fighter from Final Fantasy, but they're probably related. He's fought off evil many times before, so he's always ready to save his girlfriend... But he's not always ready to save his SWORD!

Bobandgeorge
He has a strange name, but he's a pretty normal person. Freedom Fighter convinces Bobandgeorge to join the quest of defeating Master Policeman as he explains that making an example of Master Policeman will help put an end to the corruption in their country and hopefully make it more peaceful. The conversations between Bobandgeorge and Freedom Fighter move the plot along and reveal the backstory and other boring stuff.

Master Policeman
He calls himself "Master", but he isn't much of an officer. Master Policeman does as he pleases and never thinks about what he does. Being a blue smiley, he likes to travel in packs of other blue smileys who serve as decoys for his enemies. I think he can fly, and if he can fly, he can probably also shoot laser beams out of his hands, because flying and shooting laser beams are commonly sold as a 2-in-1 pack these days.

Freedom Fighter's girlfriend
She likes Freedom Fighter's sword.

Fetch-Quest Man
He stands in the center hub of the Funkytown of ZZT. His job is to hand out fetch quests. Who knows what he'll do when you complete them all?

Baron Samedi
Ha ha ha ha... Wait, I didn't make up this character. Something's wrong.

Moronic guard
He guards the entrance to the Funkytown of ZZT. For some reason, he won't let Freedom Fighter through, but he'll let a whole bunch of unlicensed NPCs go right on in. I still haven't figured out how to get past him. What a moron.

The One-Armed Bandit
From the Twilight Zone episode "The Fever". He stands at the center of the Asylum for Victims of Twilight Zone Epiphanies. He'll give you some helpful information, but he won't GIVE ME BACK MY DOLLAR!

Lazy bank teller
Why should he bother to help you when there's an Automatic Teller Machine machine nearby? Legend has it you can hack into the machine by using the wrong kind of card.

The Bluesman
Probably just like the Town of ZZT's Bluesman, but freakier or something. I haven't figured out his agenda yet.

Mistress Postwoman
???

Of course, the sequel might not be called "Police Brutality 2: Going Postal." It might be called "Police Fatality," or "Police Mortality," or even "Police Brutality 1.5: Diddy Bobandgeorge's Quest."
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

Here are funny screenshots

Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! &lt;3

Post by Dr. Dos »

<3

also that cop reminds me of Image
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

this looks to kick ASS

i especially like the title screen. the castle in the second screen could use a little bit more of a lighting effect though.
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

Yeah, I could never get that stupid castle to look right. Fortunately it has nothing to do with the story, I think.
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

yeah also that tower would kind of need a buttress in order to not subcumb to gravity
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast