Kingdom of Loathing

If you want to act like He-Man, grab a sword and stand on the peak of one the mountains in Valua then stick your sword into the sky screaming "I HAVE THE POWER!!".Then get struck by lightning just like He-Man.

Moderator: Commodore

What can be said now?

Kingdom of Loathing

Post by 46 »

<a href="http://www.kingdomofloathing.com">KINGDOM OF LOATHING</a>

Anybody play this? It's a web-based MMORPHSD of sorts, with minimal graphics and a very strange bunch of enemies: you can fight fiendish cans of asparagus in the Haunted Pantry or try to take out a lihc or a ghuol at the Misspelled Cemetary. The classes are also odd, with Seal Clubbers and Accordion Thieves galore.

Combat areas generally take one or more adventures to visit, and there's a limited number of adventures that you can undertake each day (you start with 80 and receive 40 every day after that; if you miss a day or so they'll stack up to a max 200), so part of the fun is trying to get more adventures to screw around with. The easiest way to do this is generally to eat food and drink liquor, but there's also a cap on how much of this you can do. You'll fill up on food for the day after eating too much, and if you get too drunk you'll only be able to wander around in a drunken stupor.

The other fun is recipes: an ice-cold beer will generally just give you 1-2 adventures but pop a tomato in it and you may get as many as four. Likewise, a tomato, a wad of dough and a Knob sausage can be made into a sausage pizza, which is worth many more adventures and stat points than the separate ingredients.

All in all it's quite fun, I'm hark the Disco Bandit if you have any questions in case you decide to try it out.
Alexis Janson
wacky morning DJ

Post by Alexis Janson »

That game was pretty cool for a bit, but it got repetitive after a while. It has some of the best enemies ever though.
What can be said now?

Post by 235 »

i signed up to try this out but the activation email thing is pretty dumb.
Mooseka
;-*

Post by Mooseka »

you start the game with this sword
Stak
Watching you post

Post by Stak »

I kinda like this game. Being able to play as a Disco Bandit rocks.