games with gameplay similiar to zzt ?

If you want to act like He-Man, grab a sword and stand on the peak of one the mountains in Valua then stick your sword into the sky screaming "I HAVE THE POWER!!".Then get struck by lightning just like He-Man.

Moderator: Commodore

What can be said now?

games with gameplay similiar to zzt ?

Post by 693 »

ok, i suppose this question probably was asked a thousand times, but i do it again: can someone please hint me to links / games that are like zzt / mzx, but with graphics ? and more compatible with windows ? sure, there is the win32 port of megazeux, but its alpha and failed to save my game. somethimes saving works, but in later levels it crashes.

i so much like the gameplay of megazeux. wish i could play games like this that run stable on my computer...

please someone help me.
afterwards, admin feel free to delete this thread...
Terryn
torpid refresh rates!

Post by Terryn »

Firstly, have you looked at <a href="http://zzt.org/fora/viewt ... 1008">this topic</a> yet to get MZX working in XP?

Secondly, there are other ZZT clones besides MZX, but both are very... ahem, fringe. There's <a href="http://bangdepot.tk/">Bang!</a> and ZIG (which is on this site, I believe). Best bet if you want to pick a ZZT clone is MZX, but maybe buckling down and learning a programming language would be worthwhile. =DDD
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

Bang actually doesn't look like that bad of an alternative. Although support and games for it so far is pretty lacking.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

while not exactly akin to ZZT/MZX, I suggest looking at this...

http://egoboo.sourceforge.net/
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
What can be said now?

Post by 98 »

Dear herc,

Who is this 'herc' you're speaking of?

Kind regards,

Herc

(excuse me, I'm slightly intoxicated :P)
What can be said now?

Post by 693 »

my nickname derives from the early "hercules monitor". this was the first pc monitor that was capable of displaying highres graphics. i used to play "game of robot" ( www.game-of-robot.de ) on it, one of the very few games to this time supporting hercules graphic cards.

greetings, herc
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

I'm going to change my name to Herakles, to one up you all greek style.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
What can be said now?

Post by 98 »

herc wrote:my nickname derives from the early "hercules monitor". this was the first pc monitor that was capable of displaying highres graphics. i used to play "game of robot" ( www.game-of-robot.de ) on it, one of the very few games to this time supporting hercules graphic cards.

greetings, herc
Ahh, the good old Hercules monitors and video cards!

Also, Commodore, you do that. ;D