Favorite oldschool console games.

If you want to act like He-Man, grab a sword and stand on the peak of one the mountains in Valua then stick your sword into the sky screaming "I HAVE THE POWER!!".Then get struck by lightning just like He-Man.

Moderator: Commodore

Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

I've nothing important to add to the conversation, but I can't let talk of Out of this World go on without letting everyone know my opinion. it's pretty kick ass.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
What can be said now?

Post by 29 »

I'm an advocate of Flashback myself.
OH CONRAD
What can be said now?

Post by 513 »

(gasp) Flashback! I love that game......:P

And of course there were the various Sierra adventure games... I learned English with those :XD:
What can be said now?

Post by 454 »

Mega Drive: Rolling Thunder 2, Rolling Thunder 3, General Chaos (nearest thing to RTS on the md i played), Gunstar Heroes, Altered Beast, Dynamite Headdy, all sonic games.
What can be said now?

Post by 489 »

Flashback was THE business. General Chaos was annoying, just clicking like a mad motherfucker got you further than any attempt at real strategy.

I remember playing Collumns (on a 6 in 1 cartridge for the megadrive) with a certain friend, and we DESTROYED. It was never as much fun with other friends though.
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

Columns eh?

My high score for that game is 25,538,779
I hit level 199, I figured out that this is the maximum level since I was there for like an hour :(
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
What can be said now?

Post by 29 »

higgity HERZOG ZWEI
oh man. the good times I have had with this game. not only that but it has a pretty rockin' soundtrack as well! AND A GERMAN TITLE AND GERMAN LEVEL NAMES FOR NO REASON
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

I downloaded Chuck Rock last night and it was wonderful.
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
What can be said now?

Post by 454 »

Flashback. I got the DOS version, and it kicks ass. I got stuck towards the end.
snorby schnorrbusch
newcomer

Post by snorby schnorrbusch »

In absolutely no real order:

PC
Out of this World

NES
Dragon Warrior III
Startropics series
Super Mario Bros. 3

SNES
Prince of Persia (SNES version. Nuff said.)
Breath of Fire II (Can't stand the "translation", though.)

Genesis
Cannon Fodder (I HATE BAZOOKAS)
Valis III (tragically, that boss with the shifting yellow background is TOO @)&(^!(*&%^! HARD EVEN WHEN I USE VALNA... wait, I thought I beat that one. Must check Gens savestates...)
Final Zone (Blowing shit up has never been so much fun. Except for the final boss.)
Lost Vikings series (Love it.)
Phantasy Star II-IV
Afterburner II (Wheeefun.)
Flashback
Space Harrier (sure, it's a 32X game, but enh.)

PSX
FF1, 2, 4 and 6 (Though the PSX load times for 4 and 6 suck. BUT THATS WHAT ROMS ARE FOR)

EDIT: Wait, I did beat that one boss in Valis III. As Valna, no less. Too bad the ice level after him is $(*^@)$&(*^@(!!
Last edited by snorby schnorrbusch on Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What can be said now?

Post by 46 »

hoo boy

NES:

Adventures of Lolo.*, Bionic Commando, Blaster Master, Bubble Bobble, Destiny of an Emperor.*, Double Dragon.*, Dragon Warrior III, Final Fantasy III, Fire 'n Ice, Ghosts 'n Goblins, Hatris, Iron Tank, Kid Icarus, The Magic of Scheherazade, Mother, Ninja Gaiden, Pirates!, RC Pro-Am, SHATTERHAND, Snake Rattle 'n Roll, Solar Jetman, Solomon's Key, Solstice, Startropics, Stinger, Zanac

SMS:

FANTASY ZONE, Space Harrier

I never had a master system. :(

Genesis/Megadrive:

Alien Soldier, Aladdin, Castlevania: Bloodlines, ECCO, GENERAL CHAOS, Gunstar Heroes, The Immortal, Mutant League.*, Pigskin Footbrawl, Shadowrun, Shining Force.*, Toejam & Earl

GAMEBOY:

Alleyway, Boxxle.*, SaGa.*, Solomon's Club

SNES:

Axelay, Contra III, Demon's Crest, Earthbound, Earthworm Jim, F-Zero, Final Fantasy.*, Flashback, Front Mission, Gemfire, Gradius III, MARIO PICROSS, Out of this World, Pilotwings, Populous, Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV, Sim City, Zombies Ate My Neighbors

SYSTEM WIDE:

Super Mario.*, Zelda.*, Mega Man.*, Castlevania.* (except for the SNES Dracula X, that kinda sucked ass), Adventure Island.*, Kirby.*

I'm probably forgetting a few
What can be said now?

Post by 454 »

Toejam and Earl? I forgot that one. I liked the 2nd one, as i never played the 1st one.
Way to much posts!

Post by 7 »

the second one sucked fannies compared to the first.
What can be said now?

Post by 539 »

Duck Hunt was fun for me when I had it.
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

I played Axelay just the other day after getting a heads up on it from Clysm's site. It's the best space shooter ever bar perhaps Thunderforce 4.
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast