Holy mother of radioactive Jesus Christ action figures.

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

MadTom
<:D

Post by MadTom »

Schooled by Zandor.

Anyway, yeah, I just feel I've done it for long enough. Sorry.

Also, if Dr. Dos or anyone else with an operative prefrontal cortex actually does pick up and start a monthly award in MTP's place, I will be a happy chap. <strike>Because maybe that way I can win it</strike>
superbowl shuffle
Official Clamp School Defender

Post by superbowl shuffle »

Bring back Game of the Month. Does anyone actually think that the problems GOTM had in the past really apply to the community today? I would be HAPPY if they did, because that means people really give a shit.

Anyway Fishfood isn't around to whine about it anymore.
[size=75:lh51rn9h][b:lh51rn9h]When the 5 o'clock whistle blows, so do I.[/b:lh51rn9h]
[/size:lh51rn9h]
Ando
2SEXY4U
2SEXY4U

Post by Ando »

I would like it back, too. It would make the community more active, although it would be a slow recovery at first.
Ellypses
Whaf yew vauhnt?

Post by Ellypses »

You all would love that do you...So you can shove GotM in other people's faces to prove your o-mighty'ness. So you can cheat polls whenever it's time to vote for best game. So you can start arguements that "I should of had GotM!!", or "You pick that as game of the month because he's well known."

If that's gonna be a GotM revival, y'all go to prove that you can handle rejection, and popularity. After the last GotM y'all had, which was won by WCB, I couldn't believe that was so many problems with the whole bit til it was mention later in the forum. I was more than upset. Y'all can't have no fun with it without having a BF. Ontil you guy come up with a better way to just have fun, I think there shouldn't be one...PERIOD.

PS:And if you can't handle this opinion eitha.
The perma-villain in your story.
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

why do i never get game of the month

i crank out like a million games a month yknow

youd think that out of a million games one would be good
and win the contest

come on i need some McMightyness to shove in your McFaces

the only person who ever gets game of the month is that one guy that everybody says is good but really isnt so i hate him
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

NEWSFLASH; ryan ferneau has been possessed by the undead spirit of pal88

run for the hills
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
nuero
███▄ ▀█ââ€

Post by nuero »

what the fucking fuck is anyone talking about
Zack: Preppy, charming and totally gorgeous! Zach is a schemer who would rather stay up all night figuring how to get out of an exam than studying for it!

Slater: The All-American athlete with dimples to die for! Captain of Bayside's football team, Slater is a chauvinist who -- believe it or not -- has an emotional side. What a combo!

Screech: Class clown and electronic genius! When Screech turns on the power, the fun never stops!
Stak
Watching you post

Post by Stak »

oh shit, zombies

superbowl shuffle
Official Clamp School Defender

Post by superbowl shuffle »

I repeat,
superbowl shuffle wrote:Bring back Game of the Month. Does anyone actually think that the problems GOTM had in the past really apply to the community today? I would be HAPPY if they did, because that means people really give a shit.

Anyway Fishfood isn't around to whine about it anymore.
[size=75:lh51rn9h][b:lh51rn9h]When the 5 o'clock whistle blows, so do I.[/b:lh51rn9h]
[/size:lh51rn9h]
What can be said now?

Post by 235 »

gotm would be cool
Zandor 12
What has science done???

Post by Zandor 12 »

More like Game of the Quarter. But yeah, somebody should pick up where Madtom left off. Awards are neat.
Reason and logic had led people into the horrors of war; the only route to salvation was to reject logic and embrace anarchy and the irrational.
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

Zenith Nadir wrote:NEWSFLASH; ryan ferneau has been possessed by the undead spirit of pal88

run for the hills
That's like the time Nanobot was trying to figure out how the #restore command worked, and I tried to lighten the mood by using some kind of "farmer/hillbilly" talk like Nevada Bob, but somebody else thought I was imitating zzo38.
ghettoflower
viovis

Post by ghettoflower »

GotM Sux0rZ. It brings unnecessary stress to the blandier. More sadness and stuff. Like you'd think a game you spent 10 months would get it, it most likely won't, forsee it's pointless to have it.. It's dead and you should accept it.

It was pretty bad when it was one guy's opninion. It was even worse when it was voted. Not all ZZTers play all games, or know the current issues. It's lik what the world would be like if kids could vote back when all kids loved michael jackson.

Yeah, see it. Cept this is even more serious. this is ... it's ZZT! Oh man, bad things would happen. Some guy'd lose and be like "you are very bad, you are very bad, i tell my dad and leave forever crying, all cuz some stupid award.. It's bad enough we lost Nomad the ZZT Comic guy from some dumb post in a companies thread, but bringing back GOTM would be chaotic.
MadTom
<:D

Post by MadTom »

I never supported GotM dying, much to Fishfood's annoyance since Benco and I were the only admins bucking the trend, and in principle I still don't. The fact that people whined about it showed that it had at least some prestige to it; I was certainly pleased as punch when I got mine.

:learn: And it's not like anybody these days listens to whiners anymore, regardless!

Problem is, these days some of the games don't even merit full-length reviews. I tried really hard to think of something more to say about this game, for example, but there wasn't a whole lot I could say.

If GotM were to be revived, then, I think it would have to be very tentative.
Kjorteo
^o.O^

Post by Kjorteo »

Well maybe if games have an eligibility period and aren't just judged the month they come out and then forgotten?

Like, that way, if I make a game that took me like two years to do (either because I never open ZZT or because it's a quality product, TIME SPENT IS TIME SPENT EITHER WAY when we're dealing with one's pet project baby thing here) and release it, it wouldn't just be in the GotM running once and lose becuase tseng decided to make a random one-time-only comeback, leaving me and my game to ;_; and :icannotcontrol: and feel like all that time was wasted.

:learn: 'Cause you see, my game could still be counted next month if no one else made anything good, maybe, so it might win eventually.

Unless this is what the policy is already, if so please ignore me because I don't know how the GotM worked and I'm dumb
"You're alive," said the maker, and smiled at the aardvark.

<Kjorteo> "yiff"
<gbelo> Wanna yiff.
<Kjorteo> yes
<gbelo> No no no.