This is interesting.

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

astral
Fiery Reindeer Handler

This is interesting.

Post by astral »

Hi. I'm astral. I made a crappy game a while back. I think one of you might've even played it.

Introductions aside, I found this while I was bored today and I thought a few people might find it interesting. I don't know how many of you read pretentious indie game development blogs, so forgive me if you've seen it a hundred times since the 16th. It is a choose your own adventure digital game book remake of Town of ZZT.

The associated blog post.
The reindeer will eat you.
nps
so kawaii! so cute!

Post by nps »

huh. i enjoyed mighty jill off a few months ago, but i never played any of her other games.

anyway i don't feel like playing this now, i'm going to bed. goodnight guys!! <3
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

rules, would be better if there was a "three lakes" sequence
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

Interesting, though it's rather short. She's mentioned ZZT several times on her blog.
RobertP
gore Arnold

Post by RobertP »

That choose-your-own-adventure based on Town tapped right into the nostalgic part of my brain. It brought back a vivid memory of the first time I played Town (and ZZT). That sense of discovery must be jammed into the collective consciousness of ZZT. I've read about people remembering this experience, but it's been a while since I felt it in such a reminiscent way.

The blog is a pretty good read. I particularly liked what she wrote about Eli's House, she really managed to shine a light on the quality of that game.
My waste is my weapon.