ZZT games that make you nostalgic

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

superbowl shuffle
Official Clamp School Defender

Post by superbowl shuffle »

One thing I've often thought about is that, these days, what people most associate with Draco is Edible Vomit. But, as I recall, it used to be that Teen Priest 2 was all the rage.

Now, there is the fact that Teen Priest 2 was "controversial". And perhaps that explains why it was so talked-about. But I do suspect that Teen Priest 2 really was the more popular game back then and that Edible Vomit just aged better.

Thoughts, anyone?
[size=75:lh51rn9h][b:lh51rn9h]When the 5 o'clock whistle blows, so do I.[/b:lh51rn9h]
[/size:lh51rn9h]
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

Teen Priest 2 had scat sex.
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

the teen priest 2 scat sex confessional scene is one of the best sequences in any zzt game and you goddamn know it

tp2's problem was that it didn't have a very coherent narrative, even though it's a superior game to tp1 it doesn't quite feel right. it has the same problem re: comparing to edible vomit
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Zandor 12
What has science done???

Post by Zandor 12 »

Best of ZZT: the jungle one was my first ZZT game. I didn't know crap about computers so I played it off of a shareware CD it came on and loved it to death despite not being able to save. Once I downloaded ZZT, You Vs. Stupidity 2 was one of the first non-Tim Sweeney games I played. It just kept throwing so many different ideas at the player, always with that nonsensical proto-Arfenhouse humor. 5.5 Metric Buttloads of variety and polish.
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

Zandor 12 wrote:Best of ZZT: the jungle one was my first ZZT game. I didn't know crap about computers so I played it off of a shareware CD it came on and loved it to death despite not being able to save.
This is how I used to play Monster Zoo and Town.
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
Ellypses
Whaf yew vauhnt?

Post by Ellypses »

Adventures of Link I would love to replay.
"of ZZT" series and the best of zzt.
All of SZZT games including The Big Dragon ("Chaos" SZZT)
Many first games I've played like Yoshi games,...Dragon Woods,...
ZZTArcade, and an assortment of zzt magazines.
Stupid RPG! I forgot about that. DarkSeekr too.

Dave2's Donkey Kong...
Mystical Winds' Gem Eater in the encyclopedia...
Those games that provoke another nostalgia from another source from the c64.

It was fun back then, where a ton of new things that have yet be discovered, and where FREE GAMES AREN'T IN ABUNDANCE.

Some notable screenshots too.
<a href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/ ... Arse-Biter Cave</a>
<a href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/ ... png">Foggy Forest</a>
InfoSponge
Official Clamp School Defender
Location: 1. n. a place of settlement, activity, or residence

Post by InfoSponge »

Dr. Dos wrote:Link's Adventure series.

I AM BLUE KONG, HEAR ME ROAR!
THIS.

also, town of zzt (duh, talk about some serious nostalgia there)
and uh, Idunno, it's all that springs to mind, really, from when I first got into zzt way back in the day

that and dumb games my brother and his friends and i would make that no longer exist.
damn they were fun though
RobertP
gore Arnold

Post by RobertP »

Pizza Man, by Scott Hammack. It required some reconfiguration to straighten out the bugs and even then the game was a pretty vague experience, to say the least, but it's weirdness really spoke to me. I remember some character in a restaurant shouting: "IT'S A MELTDOWN!", just before shooting some other guest in the face. There was a cook chopping up the boss and you had to break into someone's house to deliver a pizza.

The plot was erratic, the graphics were weak and I don't even remember it being fun to play, it just.. amazed me.w

Coolness by Matt Williams is another early ZZT experience. It also has a weird plot and an ordinary character going on an extraordinary adventure. It was a lot better than Pizza Man, due to it's graphics, some cool puzzles and a somewhat more coherent story, but it wasn't quite as strangely amusing. It did showcase the author's capabilities with ZZT, which are better presented in

Warlord's Temple. It had good graphics, the introduction on the title screen was well done and the game itself was pretty fun to play.

That's three random bouts of nostalgia.
My waste is my weapon.
Microwave
hi

Post by Microwave »

Games I've made in '99-'00, which I'll play ever few years when I wish to look back.
Dark-Star88
newcomer

Post by Dark-Star88 »

Oh that's an easy one. The first original 4 games, especially TOWN.

I first played ZZT on my grandmother's ancient PC when I was but a little sprout, on a black-and-white monitor no less. For various reasons I lost interest and didn't see ZZT at all until a few years ago.

Man...some good memories.