Nanogames 24HOZZT thread

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

Schroedingers Cat
We must invent teleportation!

Post by Schroedingers Cat »

You can still vote! It's not too late!! :safe:
Scribbit
is keeping the new avatar, thanks.

Post by Scribbit »

It was a 24 hour thing, but I think Kkriegg mentioned that he might host one later.

And you can still vote for your favorites, I'm tallying up the votes until midnight GMT.
I'm nupanick.
Scribbit

Post by Scribbit »

And, it's now 48 hours after the contest started. All the votes are in, and here are the results.

-=Pancake's Election Game=- won Relevance to Theme. Pancake underestimated his own abilities here, I'd say, because this game is extremely well-thought-out and the layout is clean enough to double as the title screen (which is part of the point of nanogames).

Most Visually Appealing was an extremely close one between Quantum P's Ultimate Sandwich, Schrödinger's Cat's Sandwich Quest, and -=Pancake's Election Game=-, and depending on how the votes were ranked it could have been a tie, but -=Pancake's Election Game=- had the popular vote so I'm declaring it the winner.

Funniest Dialogue was another close one, between Ultimate Sandwich, -=Pancake's Election Game=-, and qrleon's Royal Sandwich so I'm again going by the popular vote and giving the win to Royal Sandwich.

My work was made easy for me with the remaining two categories because Royal Sandwich won both Best Use of Space and Best in Show by a wide margin. This game made the most out of all the things available and feels like a "classic" game like Town or City, compressed into one board. Qrleon, congradulations!

And my reviews of the runners-up, the games that practically tied and might have won Most Visually Appealing if a few more people voted besides the authors (who of course can't vote for themselves).

Quantum P's Ultimate Sandwich is a great game that starts in with a great cinema sequence, and has the board split more or less into 4 "mini-boards" which you can complete in any order. An excellent idea and execution, and seriously I think it would have won if not for the fact that only 3 people who voted weren't Quantum P.

Schrödinger's Cat's Sandwich Quest was a throw-together, made in a single hour but it's pretty good for a one-hour game. Made with Saxxon's Zap editor, the graphics of this are pretty cool and outdoorsy-looking. I could have even kicked this one out of the contest because it has an extra board thrown on as the Title Screen, but the one board that the game takes place on is pretty good-looking and the title screen is mostly a placeholder (I think S. Cat only made the title screen board in case the game was released on its own, rather than as part of a collection).

Great job everybody, and have fun playing the games!

P.S. Kkreigg, I think you mentioned you might be willing to host the next contest, did you have any plans for it?
I'm nupanick.
EvilMario
newcomer

Post by EvilMario »

I sure wish I knew this was going on.
Scribbit

Post by Scribbit »

Do you want to host a contest?
I'm nupanick.
EvilMario
newcomer

Post by EvilMario »

Nupanick wrote:Do you want to host a contest?
If you're talking to me, I much rather participate, but I suppose hosting is not out of the question. Good luck catching me when I'm active though!