Good ideas?

Housing for low income families.

Moderators: nuero, Ando

Saxxon
the Gargoyle.

Good ideas?

Post by Saxxon »

I could use a good game idea right now. (That would mean it couldn't possibly be one of my own.) My ZZT needs some more cowbell, or something.

By the way. THIS THING IS MESSING WITH MY MIND. :rocket:
GreyKnight
Some sort of winner

Post by GreyKnight »

"Aliens have arrived to protect Earth from being caught up in an interstellar war. Your government has tasked you with capturing rebels that are trying to drive the aliens away. But who, if anyone, has got the right idea?"

Opens up potential for multiple endings (eg. join rebels/fight rebels, aliens stay/aliens go, Earth safe/Earth caught in crossfire, etc).
Quindo
dark wraith for light

Post by Quindo »

fire.... fire is all he knew... burning forever... always stinging. never killing.

Try using this to give your game a 'otherworld' feel. Like what i have is a fire 'alien' or whatever running into a cat-girl person with a talking squirral. IT can go lots of ways.
This is a easy game...

<a href="http://www.fallensword.com/?ref=394941">FallenSword RPG - Play online now free!</a>
superbowl shuffle
Official Clamp School Defender

Post by superbowl shuffle »

I can go lots of ways too. :tie:
[size=75:lh51rn9h][b:lh51rn9h]When the 5 o'clock whistle blows, so do I.[/b:lh51rn9h]
[/size:lh51rn9h]
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

howabout a game about a guy who just killed his wife and must escape the athouties and it can have multiple paths and all.

the catch will be each path leads to Jebus.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! &lt;3

Post by Dr. Dos »

Good Idea: Visiting the Circus.
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

What genre of game interests you, and what kind of subject matter do you like? Do you like realism or fantasy? Do you like things set in the future, the past, the present, or in a universe completely unrelated to ours? Do you like historical games or games that aren't really concerned with the time? Comedy or tragedy?
GreyKnight
Some sort of winner

Post by GreyKnight »

What about: you have to deal with a screaming three-year-old continually climbing out of bed and screaming the house down in the middle of the night while you're trying to get some work done on a game.

Thinks she's so funny.
Saxxon
the Gargoyle.

Post by Saxxon »

What genre of game interests you, and what kind of subject matter do you like?
Alternate realities with ties to the middle ages and mythological references. Sort of the past, although I like having mechanical/magic stuff in there too, of course. That theme's probably run down to the ground, though. I was thinking you'd start out as a lowly class. A jester or custodian, perhaps. But not an ordinary job like a peasant. The details of the story will start out hidden, aside from your own testimony. The player will probably spend a good portion of the game figuring out wtf just happened, and ways of avenging blah blah blah, and so forth.

The alien deal is really cool. Something like what starts out as a 2-sided war, then later they discover that they are fighting for the same purpose, then they realize that there is a larger threat out there. Maybe it's the threat of humanity going around and ruthlessly terraforming and monopolizing planets, and the player is one of the aliens.

Then there's the circus idea... Seriously, comedy is something no game should be without. Stupid RPG owns. And Burger Joint had some unorthodox solutions, but clever.

Good inspiration. I think I'll get started, thanks everyone.
GreyKnight
Some sort of winner

Post by GreyKnight »

You could combine them all and have a medieval setting with alien contact and a circus!

The story practically writes itself!
Schroedingers Cat
We must invent teleportation!

Post by Schroedingers Cat »

In Soviet Russia, story writes YOU!!
Last edited by Schroedingers Cat on Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! &lt;3

Post by Dr. Dos »

nobody replied with Bad Idea: Having the circus visit you.

You've failed me.
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.