What's wrong with my code?

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

MadTom
<:D

Post by MadTom »

Is it really? Aside from the main page and Quantum's technical edits, when was the last time a section of the site other than the fora was actually updated?
Ando
2SEXY4U
2SEXY4U

Post by Ando »

Just because updates happen very seldom nowadays doesn't mean they'll never happen again (like the word "dead" implies). I'd do some changes if I had the power, but it seems like the ones in the community who are the most apathetic are the ones with the most power, which is sort of backwards.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

yeah, i've actually had a few ideas for articles myself, mostly on clone engines. Also the management (not really trying to point fingers) doesn't really push the user submission things. (I'll do more featured games but I feel like I've hogged a lot of games)

FYNDR: you should maybe make a few touches kill him if it's easy. Make a health bar or use a few #zaps.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
BoonoB
Hardcore Motherfucker

Post by BoonoB »

i don't even look at the main page anymore

it's all about the forums
haaaaaaaaaaaaaa
MadTom

Post by MadTom »

There's not much incentive for "the management" to push for new submissions if it's only like Commodore and Ando who ever want to make things, even with said encouragement (see late 2003).

As for the most apathetic being in power, you're hands-down wrong, again. Commodore is the most active board moderator and is probably also the most active and recently (2003-2006) accomplished ZZTer on the boards, Zenith judges contests and is a community oldbie, Dr. Dos is the same and one of a precious few active and partway competent ZZTers, and Quantum P.'s contributions don't even need to be listed.

What are you complaining about, anyway? I made you the moderator of ZZT Projects because you were interested in helping out, and pretty much the only things you've done with it is say that my rules are good and locked a thread in it.
Last edited by MadTom on Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ando
2SEXY4U
2SEXY4U

Post by Ando »

Nothing that I would say would matter to you, so whatever.
MadTom

Post by MadTom »

On the contrary I've come to respect your contributions to the forum quite a bit, but I maintain that if you think that the non-forum site has really been active at all since mid-2005, you're quite mistaken.
Ando
2SEXY4U
2SEXY4U

Post by Ando »

Well no, I really do realize that it hasn't been that active. But that doesn't mean that it has to stay that way.
MadTom

Post by MadTom »

That is true. But saying it's the fault of those in power, or that they have the responsibility to drum up support, is not fair. Game updates are still being made, and if one of you sent me a Featured Game review (for which there is an extant thread), or a lost game or user article - regarding which I made no fewer than four news posts since its inception, and to which I contributed two articles of my own - I would add it tomorrow.

But nobody has, not for approaching eighteen months, now. And I think that both Commodore and myself are quite justified in claiming to have done much more than our fair share of the existing reviews.
Last edited by MadTom on Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ando
2SEXY4U
2SEXY4U

Post by Ando »

Alright. I retract my statement; I see what you mean now.
MadTom

Post by MadTom »

All good!
Aplsos
ill make a meal of you

Post by Aplsos »

and then everyone was eaten by ghosts. the end!

what a spooky story!
r
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

The main page isn't designed for us, it's for attracting and helping people new to zzt. It is good to have wheather people already posting on the forums don't bother to look at it or not.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
FYNDR
Prepare for your utter dancification!

Myseri is out! In stores now!

Post by FYNDR »

Commodore: Yeah, I decided to do the #zap method so that you have to hit him a couple of times to whup him.

Tomsacold: Erm... I just checked this post and found your link to MadTom's article on saving memory, but I already finished and uploaded Myseri to z2. Thanks for the article, though; I'll be able to use the information for all my future games.

Everyone: I finished and uploaded my new game, Myseri, to z2. Feel free to check it out and offer constructive (and even destructive) criticism about it.

~FYNDR
nps
so kawaii! so cute!

Post by nps »

Whatever happened to that MadTom guy? He was such a jerk off. I should've whupped his ass.