Why I need help with an old version of JBuilder by M. FYNDR

..................WTF?! YOU DONT KNOW WHAT IS "XRUMER"?!

Moderator: Quantum P.

FYNDR
Prepare for your utter dancification!

Why I need help with an old version of JBuilder by M. FYNDR

Post by FYNDR »

I recently dug up an old version of JBuilder 3.5 Foundation that I found in a copy of Introduction to Java Programming, Third Edition, by Y. Daniel Liang that my Computer teacher gave to me a while back. I was planning on doing some awesomefied Java apps during the summer, but the program requires a serial number and a license key, which I cannot find anywhere in the book, on the CD packet, or on the CD itself (both the exterior of the CD and the contents within).
The Help guide notes that an activation key is needed from Borland, but doesn't state the specifics. As for the license key and number, it simply states to "enter the serial number and license key in the appropriate textboxes". Also, the Borland website doesn't have any activation keys for any version of JBuilder under 5.
If anyone can think up a solution to this problem, please reply with detailed instructions as to where I can find the serial number and license key or just post a valid serial number and license key so I can get to programming. Instructions that are like "1)print pic of hitler, then 2)shove up ass!!!1!!rofl" will be ignored.

Thanks!

~FYNDR

P.S. For some reason, every instance of the word license in this post has an extra 's' in it, despite the fact that 'liscense' is, according to the Random House Dictionary, not a word. Please ignore this terrible blow to your intelligence.
FSFunky
Fergalicious

Post by FSFunky »

hey let's use z2 for illegally obtaining serial keys!

(jbuilder isn't freeware, you need a crack or serial number to program)
FUNKY DEFINITION: MAKE THEM BOYS GO LOCO
Alexis Janson
wacky morning DJ

Post by Alexis Janson »

Last edited by Alexis Janson on Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://yahoo.com/
*shuggles*

Post by http://yahoo.com/ »

Personally I would simply avoid such an old environment and go with something more current that'll work right out of the box, like Eclipse or something. Just look on sourceforge for "Java IDE" or "Java devlopment environment" and you should be set.
this is a deep and meaningful quote
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

yeah, there's a lot of freeware crap out there, plus all you really need to program Java is Sun's SDK download and a text editor.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
FYNDR
Prepare for your utter dancification!

Post by FYNDR »

yahoo: Thanks for the advice, I'll try looking around sourceforge for an IDE.

commodore: I tried downloading the SDK, but it is 125 MB and my computer runs on dial-up, the internet connection of the damned.

If worse comes to worse and it doesn't all work out (which I doubt), then I can just work on ZZT. It never fails!

~FYNDR