Made a ZZT game.

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

ajc
Kill the stick men

Made a ZZT game.

Post by ajc »

Yes.. Another one of these topics.

Anyways, you can get Run Run Run from the uploaded games section (Run.zip) or you can get it off my website.

http://www.geocities.com/ajc1490/index.html
Currently working on: ZZTV 11.2 Channel Escape from the Burning Building - ON HOLD
Currently Playing: Burger Joint
TTTPPP
Latest band news: "There are no news!"

Post by TTTPPP »

So there's quite a few things wrong with this game.

1. It starts as if it has a plot, then actually has no plot. Either that or it's saved on the wrong board maybe? I didn't really look to closely. On closer inspection it looks like it is saved on the wrong board.

2. The one board of gameplay is fairly hard unless you know what you're doing. Because you haven't been introduced to the object enemies before you have no idea what the best way of dealing with them is.

3. You only get given 10 points at the beginning, so the choice of what to buy is pretty limited (unless I missed something).

4. You only have one bomb in the arena. Maybe this is deliberate, but it seems a bit mean.

5. Some of the object enemies have mistakes in the coding (eg. THAN instead of THEN, END GAME instead of ENDGAME).

6. I thought it would be nice to back out of the arena at some point to get more supplies. Maybe make it so you can buy more ammo and health, but obviously this will make your target score further. Maybe make it so you can pay for bombs to be put in the middle of the arena?
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

what TTTPPP said, also if you don't make it bigger it won't get uploaded to the archive. 10kb+ zipped.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
ajc
Kill the stick men

Post by ajc »

Hmm... I'll have to upload a 'Run Run Run version 1.5' Thanks guys.
Currently working on: ZZTV 11.2 Channel Escape from the Burning Building - ON HOLD
Ando
2SEXY4U
2SEXY4U

Post by Ando »

I played your game. My thoughts are pretty much the same as the two above, except I have two other things to add:

1) The graphics, although not terrible, sort of need improvement. Try to add some pizzaz.

2) It would be excellent if the player started off with some torches and ammo; not giving the player any ammo in the beginning of a ZZT game is sort of like putting a person out in the middle of a desert without any food or water. Plus I was sort of curious about what was in the basement, and such.

So that's it.
ajc
Kill the stick men

Post by ajc »

Run Run Run was a bad game. I won't deny it.
JDMSonic
Ordinery

Post by JDMSonic »

Hey, better than my first ZZT game. :) Just make a conscious effort at developing your skills, and your games will only continue to improve.
ajc
Kill the stick men

Post by ajc »

I can't believe the game doesn't start on the correct board. I thought I had that right. Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!