ZMiniZ

Housing for low income families.

Moderators: nuero, Ando

Ellypses
Whaf yew vauhnt?

ZMiniZ

Post by Ellypses »

Here is an old decrepit idea I thought up once in a midnight blue, but haven't brought it up since it's close to other zzt projects and didn't think it would be taken too seriously. This was inspired by old zztarcade thingy, though that's just a mag, I can stretch the idea that could work quite sexilyImage.

The idea goes in this effect, you submit small, but full game that is focus on specific genras, or engine type, so you have a zzt file packed full of games. We have two goals here while doing this though. 1. presenting your style and design. 2. Showing off your zzt-oop skills, and engines you used 3. helpful reference for other zzters. 4. it's a fun thing to do

Umm...how can I say about it? It's kinda showing off how you would make something, and represent a style you use for it. The genras for this though are limited(and need to be worked on what's aloud and what's not, because it's not just throwing anything out there and call it a day), and so are the number of boards you could submit, but for good reasons(if its big it should be a stand alone game itself.) Let me lists some that could be aloud:

Any engine-type game is aloud and is quite useful for reference on how you could program too. Plus, add to the arcade feeling, or something. Puzzle, trippy, inventory, side-scroller, action, dungeon, and unorthodox could be used. What's unorthodox? Well it more like a experimental gameplay attempt, trying to find new and unique way to create a game that is fun.

BAHH! I can't explain exactly how I'm going about it, but I'll throw up a zzt file of what I'm talking about. So look for it when I'm finish with it.
Ando
2SEXY4U
2SEXY4U

Post by Ando »

This could probably be good for newbies, so sure go ahead.

Although I didn't really understand a word that you said.
TTTPPP
Latest band news: "There are no news!"

Post by TTTPPP »

If you're after small but incomplete engines with ideas for puzzle engines then I've got a few.

Edit - Repeated use of the word engines because I'm crazy like that.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

i've got a broken excite-bike engine I've never gotten to completely work, maybe it's time for fixing that up.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

Your example ZZT file will clarify things greatly, but I think I understand the general idea of what you're saying. It sounds pretty neat!