Fall 2005 WoZ

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

Dr. Dos wrote:
Ando and TTTPPP wrote:[img]http://dr_dos.box43.net/z2/bestfriends.jpg[/img]
also i will try to judge the entries soon and then we will all dwell in happy land again
And it's whispered that soon, if we all call the tune
Then Z2 will start yelling at Quantum
And a new day will dawn 'cause the judging will be on
And the forest will echo with laughter
Flimsy
wacky morning DJ

Post by Flimsy »

Dr. spychic telepohnoe ma wrote:http://dr_dos.box43.net/zzt/andowozzt.zip

there are 5 games.

Two are junk entries
One is a joke entry
Two are serious entries

so don't bother judging, the results are

1. Kjorteo
2. Nedemai
3. Dos
4. Stak
5. Otherguy
what about MY entry, dos
It seems unlikely that this deeply unsatisfactory situation will be resolved by a new attempt to answer the old question; instead, as has been suggested by some of the most thoughtful students, we should expect to find that some part of the conceptual landscape in which this problematic entity resides must be reconstructed before it will come into focus.
Flimsy
wacky morning DJ

Post by Flimsy »

Ando wrote:TTTPPP: Just be quiet. I don't like you, and you've been a complete dick to me during the past few months. Leave me alone.

The main reason why I chose those topics was because I wanted to get away from an "autism" or "n*****" topic; I was trying to do you all a favor. Concerning the other flaws, well it's my first goddamned contest okay? Enough said. Next time I hold a contest (which is somewhat likely because I'm one of a shinking number of people who still cares about ZZT), I'll be far less naive. Again, just leave me alone.
It seems unlikely that this deeply unsatisfactory situation will be resolved by a new attempt to answer the old question; instead, as has been suggested by some of the most thoughtful students, we should expect to find that some part of the conceptual landscape in which this problematic entity resides must be reconstructed before it will come into focus.
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

Dr. Dos wrote:don't bother judging, the results are

1. Kjorteo
2. Nedemai
3. Dos
4. Stak
5. Otherguy
If Nedemai did Fatal Exception, that is the correct order. I forgot how Kjorteo's ninja game fit in with the topics, but I'll assume that it somehow did.

I also assume that Otherguy is Wayne Kerr in disguise.
Kjorteo
^o.O^

Post by Kjorteo »

I think Wayne Kerr is just being strange, because as was established earlier, Otherguy = Nondescript.
"You're alive," said the maker, and smiled at the aardvark.

<Kjorteo> "yiff"
<gbelo> Wanna yiff.
<Kjorteo> yes
<gbelo> No no no.
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

GGRGRGRH GRHGRHGBHRG GRHGHRHRHHGRHGHHRRHHRH
Nedemai
Z2 Freak

Post by Nedemai »

Kjorteo wrote:I don't know, Nedemai's game is pretty awesome.
Well I thought my game was good, but I didn't think it was awsome :D

Also, Im suprised I made 2nd place... I guess there wasn't too many entries :P
Kjorteo
^o.O^

Post by Kjorteo »

Well, that's not so much the official results as Dos' prediction of how everyone will do. However, playing all the games (and having made one of them,) I see little reason to believe it won't go down exactly like that, with the possible deviations of Fatal Exception winning and Stak coming in dead last instead of nonde.

<Kjorteo> "yiff"
<gbelo> Wanna yiff.
<Kjorteo> yes
<gbelo> No no no.
Homz
Ordinery

Post by Homz »

Well, I guess I pretty much missed this contest.
nondescript
i am a bee. i fly around and say 'buzz'

Post by nondescript »

swim swim eat swim swim eat swim swim eat
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

SWIM SWIM HUNGRY
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! &lt;3

Post by Dr. Dos »

Please tell me that's real.
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
Ando
2SEXY4U
2SEXY4U

Post by Ando »

Okay I guess that I'll release the results now:

Kjorteo - 1st Place *WIN*

This was a quality entry, which abided to the topic "Fascism" very well and was overall quite well built and fun. Pretty difficult but eh, that's usually another characteristic of a good game.

Nedemai - 2nd Place

You seem to be a promising ZZTer! The plot was a little simple, and the dialogue could have been better, but still it was well done. I commend you!

Dr. Dos - 3rd Place

This game was meant as a joke and was incomplete, but I still liked it a lot. The engine was alright, and you might be able to expand on it sooner or later, who knows? In any case, YOU GET THE BRONZE.

Nondescript - 4th Place

I liked the art, and it's a shame that it was just a board long with no programming or anything. Nothing else to say, really.

Stak - 5th Place *FAIL*

Plz.

So in sum, Kjorteo wins, Stak gets last, and you are all slaves of Jesus. Have a good belated Columbus Day.
Kjorteo
^o.O^

Post by Kjorteo »

\m/

I think I'll actually accept the tradition and agree to host the next WoZ. Hosting isn't really my thing, especially because I'm so freaking busy and I much prefer actually making games, but I think I have some ideas that might boost participation a little next time and I don't trust other people to implement them.

First on the agenda!

Holding a WoZ seconds after another WoZ is stupid because everyone's tired of making ZZT games for a while now, but disappearing and then suddenly appearing with "Hey WoZ in two days" is equally bad. Therefore, I am announcing RIGHT NOW that a WoZ is coming in the FUTURE.

Actually, I'm going give exactly one month for people to discuss and come to some sort of agreement on when a good time in (when you kids get your Winter Breaks and stuff.) That doesn't mean that the next WoZ will be in a month. It means that I will announce the date for the next WoZ in a month. The next WoZ will actually happen somewhere around two months from now, but that will change depending on what kind of feedback I get.

Also I need two judges who weren't going to make anything good anyway. If you're competent with ZZT and actually have the time to do so, please compete instead.

Edit: Maybe someone with super mod powers could make this post its own thread and give it a sticky or announcement or something, just so you people know that KJORTEO WOZ IS COMING

<Kjorteo> "yiff"
<gbelo> Wanna yiff.
<Kjorteo> yes
<gbelo> No no no.