End of 3rd Annuel 24hoZZT Thanks for Playing

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

TTTPPP
Latest band news: "There are no news!"

Post by TTTPPP »

If there has been a problem in the past of judges not submitting scores then why not put in a rule:
Any judge who hasn't submitted scores within 1 month(?) will be deemed to have agreed with the average of the other judges.
It's got the word 'deemed' in it, how can it be bad?
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

that's an obvious idea, but a good one

of course flaming o was RUNNING that contest, so when he suddenly decided not to hand the scores in the whole thing kind of caved in on itself
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

I used to think if you didn't submit a game or your results, then you don't get to enter or judge in the next one
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

eRN56
Fallout: 6.5
Comments: EXTREMELY HARD RPG BATTLE. Good graphics, well done animations. Keep it up kid.

TTTPPP
Sid's Disaster: 3.5
Comments: OH MY GOD THE HORSE IS EXCELLENT. They say you used some program. I didn't take off points for it. Other than that, it was quite pointless.

Mr. Smith
Virus: 4.5
Comments: Nice fire animations. Time conquers all however. It seemed on the right track.

Stampede76
Disaster: The Stampede76 Story: 2
Comments: I'd give it a 10. But you missed a CRITICAL STEP in the School process, Me saying "DON'T RELEASE THIS GAME AS IT IS, LET ME FIX IT UP A BIT". Same quote applies to this rubbish.

My Liver Hurtz
Silicate: 7.0
Comments: Ingenious use of flags. Most 24hozzt games ignore them. Board linking error prevented seeing the ending. Also, is it just me or was a key missing...

Nuekm
The Krushing Disaster Elite Edition: 2.5
Comments: I'D LIKE TO GIVE THIS GAME A 10, BUT THEN I LOST :( AND GOT SO PISSED I TOOK OFF 7.5 POINTS. BUT HEY, BEATS STAMPEDE AT LEAST.

Oof
Paper Wisdom: 7.5
Comments: I LAUGHED SO HARD. The enemies were not easy. I didn't spend years fighting enemies that would move diagonally :(. Well done Oof!

Dave2
Oil: 3
Comments: So short. So tragic. SO HARD.

Ok I only have my results.

<B>OOF WINS</B>
Visit the Museum of ZZT

Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

Sid's Disaster? O_O
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! &lt;3

Post by Dr. Dos »

yes.
Visit the Museum of ZZT

ghettoflower
viovis

Post by ghettoflower »

http://www.exploitedchaos.com/3

Is the awaited 24HoZZT site, in uniform to all the other ones See the page of all texty stuff. Important stuff in RED.. people getting names.. Make sure Ando gets linked to it, because everyone else can join and make an entry out of free will, but for some reason i'm forcing ando to join too., I don't know how, but you know, give him treatment like how he has to join and stuff, cuz it's on the page. he has to. It's hard, but it has to be done.

In other news Sid's Disaster totally kicks ass. i mean, damn.. That's goddamn thoroughly impressive silent motion picture we're lookin at, and in colour.. Great example of ZBitmap's powers on the horse. I'd have to say, this is MAZIN.

Anyway, this random picture out of nowhere will motivate you to sign up.
TTTPPP
Latest band news: &quot;There are no news!&quot;

Post by TTTPPP »

The program I used to make the horse was better than ZBitmap.
I wrote it, that must make it better?
Anyway when was ZBitmap made? I'm not sure it was around back then.

Also I want to enter this competition, but won't be able to do the same 24hrs, soooooo....
Could you release a separate theme for the Monday, and I would have to stick to both the original theme AND the new one?

If this is asking too much (or completely against the spirit of 24HoZ) then nevermind.
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

i bet people would be interested in seeing your better than zbitmap program, tttppp

i think zbitmap was made by (com)buster in 2002 or so.

that guy was a huge cock
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
TTTPPP
Latest band news: &quot;There are no news!&quot;

Post by TTTPPP »

I almost finished it recently, but there's the working version from ages ago (I think probably the first version was 2002 as well - I entered an art competition because it didn't ban me from using a util. I lost the competition - draw your own conclusions!).

It's worse than ZBitmap because it's not got a nice gui and you have to faff with bmp's to get them to the right size. It's also badly written (nb. it's by me).
It's better because I don't think ZBitmap does half tiles.

I never knew whether to release it because I probably insulted a few people by entering competitions with it.

I'll try to upload the C code tomorrow or next week.
ghettoflower
viovis

Post by ghettoflower »

Nonsense. I had to use ANSICV22 to insult people and it spent an hour to make the gif work..

Then 3 to MANUALLY convert it over, though i haven't tried aetsch's ans/asc2brd.

You show me that creation you made and i'll allow it. since the normal one's Saturday 5pm EST to Sunday 5pm EST, i'll make it Monday 5pm EST to Tuesday 5pm EST. And at the same time it would be unfair if anyone else didn't get the option. It will be slightly more difficult, as the third topic would be more demanding, and integrate with topic one and two, but would make the perfect mixture/blend.

Also if I could get a tutorial on how to compile better because I suck at compiling, see these files as an example (created/compiled by moi):

http://viovis.chaosnet.org/ostuff/gamezthatrule/ow.exe
http://viovis.chaosnet.org/ostuff/gamez ... /buddy.exe
http://viovis.chaosnet.org/ostuff/gamez ... pgbatl.exe

I wish i had the source, but they're doomed to a c++ compiler that won't run in dos.. that's the fun part i guess.

Also, if you were to win, or anyone else entering on the monday as opposed to the saturday, the next winner on the saturday one will get pie too. I've also found a solution where pie might just be coming in a mail slot instead of finding me. But I feel that description was more down to Earth and cool sounding.. Plus I'll amend to that Judge thing because of DEEMED. I'm going to allow that too.
What can be said now?

Post by 598 »

i'd participate, but i more than likely will have to work and i doubt that you like my games, anyway!
Dr. Dos

Post by Dr. Dos »

Knightt is like the kid at school who never does anything because he says you'll laugh at him for it, and then he does something and gets a :safe: but then a week later it's revealed his angsty goth poem was plagarized and he's like :icannotcontrol: for getting cuaght and he tkaes his life to the streets and lives in the darkness :vedick:
Visit the Museum of ZZT

nuero
███▄ ▀█ââ€

Post by nuero »

dos is like the kid at school who has sex with raccoons ^^;;
Zack: Preppy, charming and totally gorgeous! Zach is a schemer who would rather stay up all night figuring how to get out of an exam than studying for it!

Slater: The All-American athlete with dimples to die for! Captain of Bayside's football team, Slater is a chauvinist who -- believe it or not -- has an emotional side. What a combo!

Screech: Class clown and electronic genius! When Screech turns on the power, the fun never stops!
Dr. Dos

Post by Dr. Dos »

more like the kids who have sex with raccoons are like ME.

i'm the original
Visit the Museum of ZZT